Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Collins Really Give Us A Better Chance Of Winning?

PreManningColtsFan

If we've learned anything in the first two games, we've learned that having Collins doesn't make us any better or improve our chances of winning. Maybe it's not fair to make that statement 2 games into a year long season, but the bottom line is we are 0-2. How could the results be any worse with Painter? He's been in our system for 3 years now, is more mobile and we didn't waste $4mm on signing him. Here is Collins production through 2 games (3:13 still left in 4th qtr of Browns game):

Completions: 27

Attempts: 57

Completion %: 47%

Yards: 300

TD's: 1

Fumbles Lost: 3

Interceptions: 1

I mean honestly. How could Painter or any other QB be any worse? Next week against Pittsburg may be the worst home loss in Indy since the 90's. After that, we will be jockying for the 1st pick of next years draft as we play the Bengals, Chiefs and Bucs. If we lose all those games, we will no doubt be drafting first next year. Who would of ever thought we'd be talking about tie breakers for first pick of the draft as opposed to holding #1 seed in the playoffs? Wow. What a reverse of what we are accustomed to. I am officially mailing this season in. It's over.

I thought he did. But after watching him struggle against the worst team in the NFL and make these mistakes, I take it back.

Collins is the worst thing that has happened to us.

But it's not only his fault, our whole team is responsible for this suckage. Why are we relying on QB's to win? I still don't get it.

Our team doesn't show guts, and we showed nothing, no sense of urgency. Nothing.

0-16 season, you will see.

We were better off saving the money we used for Collins and just use Painter all season. I gave Collins a chance but when you can barely produce against the Browns, then you lose my support. Painter could have not done any worse. With playing Painter, we can see if he's our QB of the future or not. But with playing Collins, only thing this shows is how bad this team needs a high caliber QB that can cover all of the team's flaws on both sides of the ball like Peyton does.

Buffalo is 2-0 with a crap QB.

shows that it takes a team to win.

takes guts, takes pride.

Colts are nothing without Peyton.

I feel bad for guys like Addai, Wayne, Clark, Freeney and Mathis. They played well. But it takes the WHOLE team to win. Not just those guys.

Fitzgerald is a bit better than you think, just FYI. Smart Hahvahd kid, has shown great improvement over the past year or two.

Btw, you contradict yourself. How does it take a team to win, but the Colts are nothing without one player?

Fitzgerald is a bit better than you think, just FYI. Smart Hahvahd kid, has shown great improvement over the past year or two.

Btw, you contradict yourself. How does it take a team to win, but the Colts are nothing without one player?

you are saying that a QB wins games. You clearly need schooling.

Painter showed more in one game against Green Bay Week 3 of the Preseason than Collins has sniffed in two years. I don't care if they didn't "gameplan". I don't buy that argument. He audibled, checked the play at the line, and was very succesful (I think it was him saying to the team "FU", I've got this even w/ signing of Collins two days prior, but still). Yes, Curtis knows the whole playbook, has learned from Manning (Don't you remember his confidence in the Week 3 game switching plays, yelling animal names, he is mimicking Peyton pretty well without being even in the same universe as good). Tell me why it is a BAD play at this point and I'll gladly agree.

So, in this circumstance, play Painter until Kerry knows how to hit an open receiver, feel a DE coming to murder him and throw it away, or stop fumbling (But that is asking a lot).

Because Painter has been bad DESPITE knowing the offense. Collins is just getting his feet wet.

I agree.

The only thing is, if Collins cant get it done, then we wonder why all the money was spent to bring him in.

I thought he was better this week than last, but the second half he lost the ball a LOT.

My thinking is, why get Collins hurt when Painter can hand it off just as well. If the game is lost, put Painter in and let him at least try.

I dont like Painter at all, but I cant say Im real high on Collins either.

Its a shame Garrard wasnt released earlier...

takes guts, takes pride.

I feel bad for guys like Addai, Wayne, Clark, Freeney and Mathis. They played well. But it takes the WHOLE team to win. Not just those guys.

Fitzpatrick is a very good QB. Very underrated. He did well last year, and just this year he has 7 touchdowns to 2 interceptions. He's good! He's the reason they won against the Raiders today.

takes guts, takes pride.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is not a crap qb

he started 13 games last year threw for 3000+ yards, 23 TD's but didn't have a lot of talent surrounding him

right now he is playing amazing, he is having a break out year.

It don't really matter at this point. If they want to stick Painter in there I would be all for it. I don't think its all collins fault by a long shot. There are so many deficiencies on this team its pathetic. Like I said, it don't matter who we put in at QB right now, this team will be lucky to win 2 games.

Yeah Reggie Wayne was ticked off when they brought Collins in.. I remember seeing a breif interview on TV..

Im sure he's not the only one either, for one painter should be mad i know i would be. the colts should have known they cannont babysit a old QB into this offense, they need to put painter in there and let him try to win some games because he's the better QB.... And i recall during the game that the guy asked christensen "why isnt the backups getting any practice reps" he basically said cause of manning, kinda explains why the back ups have been so lack luster in the past cause they werent practicing lol... this is come crazy stuff.

It don't really matter at this point. If they want to stick Painter in there I would be all for it. I don't think its all collins fault by a long shot. There are so many deficiencies on this team its pathetic. Like I said, it don't matter who we put in at QB right now, this team will be lucky to win 2 games.

In this game the blemish WAS collins especially early in the game... the guy is not accurate at all. And fans complain about painter sending a few passes to the ground.

Im sure he's not the only one either, for one painter should be mad i know i would be. the colts should have known they cannont babysit a old QB into this offense, they need to put painter in there and let him try to win some games because he's the better QB.... And i recall during the game that the guy asked christensen "why isnt the backups getting any practice reps" he basically said cause of manning, kinda explains why the back ups have been so lack luster in the past cause they werent practicing lol... this is come crazy stuff.

Agree for the most part. Though I won't go as far as to say Painter is the better quarterback, I do believe he knows the Colts system better and thus would allow the offense to operate closer to normal without having to dumb things down for Collins who is still learning. Also Painter has more potential in the long run and would stand to benefit from the experience. If Painter makes mistakes then so be it, the reality is that this is not be a playoff team this year regardless of who short of Manning is in there.

Agree for the most part. Though I won't go as far as to say Painter is the better quarterback, I do believe he knows the Colts system better and thus would allow the offense to operate closer to normal without having to dumb things down for Collins who is still learning. Also Painter has more potential in the long run and would stand to benefit from the experience. If Painter makes mistakes then so be it, the reality is that this is not be a playoff team this year regardless of who short of Manning is in there.

I truly believe that if a QB with good throwing motion, accurate, mobile and knows the system is in there (painter) the colts could make the playoffs... You saw how excited the team was in the preseason when they scored against the packers... Some of the players have no confidence in collins it kinda shows... just the fact that painter gets the ball out quicker helps a whole lot, plus he's more accurate.

I truly believe that if a QB with good throwing motion, accurate, mobile and knows the system is in there (painter) the colts could make the playoffs... You saw how excited the team was in the preseason when they scored against the packers... Some of the players have no confidence in collins it kinda shows... just the fact that painter gets the ball out quicker helps a whole lot, plus he's more accurate.

And I'll grow five inches. He won't learn how to speed up his release, not miss open receivers, find leadership and motivating factors (something you need from a QB), or develop anything resembling pocket awareness at 38.

Plus one on that one, fans need to understand the guy will always hold on to the ball, and he fumbles alot it has always happen in his career.

Actually, Fitzpatrick has been awesome for Buffalo. He has really rallied his team and put up impressive numbers. Great QB's find ways to win, and Fitzpatrick demonstrates this. Today, he pulled off a great TD with only ~9 secs left, no timeouts, needed a TD to win. I'm kicking myself for not taking him in free agency fantasy football.