Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Over/Under on When The Broncos Sign Collie

Tony Sullivan

I dont think it will be right away. Broncos also have to keep life-after-Peyton in mind.

Their bigger addition will be a bigger tailback. John Fox likes bigger tailbacks, his RBs have been around 210-220 lbs, hence I have a feeling Ronnie Hillman was not his pick.

Once Moreno went down, the Broncos' passing offense went into a lull in the second half. Blitz pickups were shaky and since they had McGahee already on IR and unavailable till the AFCCG, I expect the Broncos to go after someone like Steven Jackson, IMO.

Besides, there will be other relatively healthier slot guys like Driver and Amendola on the market. Driver might come just as cheap as Collie but without the health issues.

I dont think it will be right away. Broncos also have to keep life-after-Peyton in mind.

Their bigger addition will be a bigger tailback. John Fox likes bigger tailbacks, his RBs have been around 210-220 lbs, hence I have a feeling Ronnie Hillman was not his pick.

Once Moreno went down, the Broncos' passing offense went into a lull in the second half. Blitz pickups were shaky and since they had McGahee already on IR and unavailable till the AFCCG, I expect the Broncos to go after someone like Steven Jackson, IMO.

Besides, there will be other relatively healthier slot guys like Driver and Amendola on the market. Driver might come just as cheap as Collie but without the health issues.

Driver retired.

The Broncos are in it to win it now...

I would not be surprised if Collie and Dwight Freeney end up in Denver..

Denver needs a 3rd down pass rusher against Baltimore...

..and Collie, if he can be cleared to play....would dominate between Demariyus Thomas and Eric Decker..

I thought Denver was short on receivers last season...little depth

If you are Denver..you cant be concerned with 3 or 4 years from now..you have to win now

For slot receiver I would take Amendola over Collie since Amendola's injuries are not as serious, but he is also more expensive, and being sidelined by broken bones is no different from concussion in the sense of playing time. Signing Collie can be a low-risk decision as far as they keep other slot receivers on the roster.

Really I don't see Freeney as a good signing for them since he is just way too 1-dimensional, and it will be expensive for a player playing <1/3 of the snaps.

For slot receiver I would take Amendola over Collie since Amendola's injuries are not as serious, but he is also more expensive, and being sidelined by broken bones is no different from concussion in the sense of playing time. Signing Collie can be a low-risk decision as far as they keep other slot receivers on the roster.

Really I don't see Freeney as a good signing for them since he is just way too 1-dimensional, and it will be expensive for a player playing <1/3 of the snaps.

But

[/quote

Denver is going for it now,..expense is not going to be an issue for a 3rd down pass rusher

y

Tracy Porter, Joe Mays..not coming back....they've got some money to spend

now that they are released, i don't think they have to wait for fa to begin

Collie wasn't released. His contract expires when the 2012 league year ends. So he has to wait until free agency begins to sign with another team.

This is what happens when websites and news organizations use bad headlines in their reporting.

They won't sign him. They already have 3 solid receivers in place (Thomas, Decker, Stokley), as well as Caldwell and Matt Willis as backups. Plus, I don't think they value Collie more than Stokley, and it seems that Stokley will be resigned. 

He is not needed there. 

I think he could land there if he has issues getting a contract somewhere else. No matter where he goes he is going to get a base contract that has incentives for playing time. He is much much faster than Brandon Stokely and imo a much better fit for Denver. Stokely was terrible at getting separation in the passing game for them. Brandon may have incredible hands but he has lost more than a step and Peyton will need bigger windows as he ages.

I think he could land there if he has issues getting a contract somewhere else. No matter where he goes he is going to get a base contract that has incentives for playing time. He is much much faster than Brandon Stokely and imo a much better fit for Denver. Stokely was terrible at getting separation in the passing game for them. Brandon may have incredible hands but he has lost more than a step and Peyton will need bigger windows as he ages.

Yeah, anyone can run great routes at half speed. I love Stokley, but he was never fast, and he's getting old. If Collie is healthy, he's much better than Stokley. But that's a HUGE if.

I agree KC...but if he convinced Peyton that he WILL continue...and its obvious theyt've been talking.... .I think Denver signs him.

The Broncos backup receivers are not good...

I wish he would retire but he clearly wont...and if he's still rebhabbing.

Being the backup slot receiver in Denver and backup to both Demmariyus Thomas and Eric Decker seems like a good role

They won't sign him. They already have 3 solid receivers in place (Thomas, Decker, Stokley), as well as Caldwell and Matt Willis as backups. Plus, I don't think they value Collie more than Stokley, and it seems that Stokley will be resigned. 

He is not needed there. 

willis & stokely are free agents, dont know about Caldwell, j he did nothing last year and Willis when in was just bad, & not on page with Peyton