Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Had A Prophetic Vision About The Colts

jackbutton96

Okay, so I had this very specific prophetic vision about the Colts and what happens over the next 9 months or so. So here it goes:

*In week 2, the Patriots win a close game against the Chargers after, with the lose of their starting C Dan Koppen with a broken ankle, Tom Brady gets constant pressure up the middle forcing him into 2 ints and 1 fumble. In the following days after the game, the Patriots trade their 2012 3rd round pick to the Colts for C Jeff Saturday.

*Colts start off the season 0-5, with none of the games being even close to competitive. The d-line's inability to stop the run is the main culprit, with the team yeidling a league high 200 rushing yards per game.

*In a surprise move, the Colts make two huge trades in the days leading up to the trade deadline. First, in a trade with the Detroit Lions, we receive their 2012 1st, 2nd, and 7th round picks in exchange for DEs Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis. Many fans are outraged with the trade, but the front office backs up the move by making known their intentions to completely change our team's defensive philosophy and system. In the meantime, Detroit assembles the best DL in the history of the NFL. In another trade with the Minnesota Vikings, we receive their 2012 1st and 3rd round picks in exchange for WR Reggie Wayne, LB Gary Brackett, and RB Joseph Addai. Again, fans are outraged. The FO again speaks of the defensive changes to come, as well as intentions to plug in new players more suited for our new philosophies to come via the draft and free agency, which is why they’re freeing up the cap space and acquiring draft picks for the offseason. In the meantime, the Vikings get a much needed top notch #1 WR, a suitable backup to take some of the load off of AP, and some LB depth.

*The Colts go on to suffer through the worst season in franchise history, but with a happy ending. Peyton Manning returns to the team and eventually into the starting lineup at home against the Houston Texans in Week 16. He shows just a bit of rust, completes 18 of 28 passes for 250 yards, 2 Tds and 1 Int in a surprisingly close game which the Colts lose 21-17 to give them a record of 0-15. In Week 17, Peyton Manning leads his team to their first and only win of the season against the Jaguars in Jacksonville, 31-14. He looks very sharp, completing 27 of 35 passes for 350 yards, 4 Tds and 0 ints. We finish 1-15 with the first pick in the draft.

*Unfortunately for Detroit, a few key injuries severely hinder them as they finish the season with a 5-11 record, making them the 5th overall position in the draft. A similar fate befalls the Vikings, except instead of injuries, it’s Donavan McNabb’s gross lack of production that sinks their season, as they finish 6-10, making them the 7th overall position in the draft.

*New England has their second undefeated regular season, going 16-0.

*Dallas Clark is the lone Colts player to make the Pro Bowl.

*The season ends with the Patriots losing the SB in Indy to the New York Giants(10-6, the 6th seed), 35-13. Eli Manning is named the SB MVP.

*Immediately following the last game of our season, the Colts fire coaches Jim Caldwell, Cylde Christenson, and Larry Coyer. In the following weeks, they replace them with Jeff Fischer, Jim Tressel, and Greg Williams respectively.

*When the league year ends, the Colts release RB Donald Brown, QB Kerry Collins, OT Jeff Linkenbach, and QB Curtis Painter, and also make no attempts to resign Ryan Diem or Anthony Gonzales. They resign Pierre Garcon. In another classy move, Peyton Manning renegotiates his contract to take a considerable pay cut in order to give the team more flexibility in free agency and to ‘recompensate' the franchise for his missed season. In free agency, we acquire: LB Stephen Tulloch from Detroit, CB Tracy Porter from New Orleans, S LaRon Landry from Washington, OG Carl Nicks from New Orleans, DT Haloti Ngata from Baltimore, and QB Brady Quinn from Denver.

*The Colts go into the 2012 draft holding the #1, #5, #7, #33, #37, #65, #71, #95, #97, #129, #161, #193, and #197 picks. We the clock starts for our first pick, we are offered a trade by the Cleveland Browns for the rights to the #1 pick, we accept. In exchange we receive their #3, #24(from ATL), and #35 overall picks.

*With the 3rd pick Colts select: Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina

*With the #5 pick Colts select: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

*With the #7 pick Colts select: Alshon Jeffery, WR, University of South Carolina

*Colts trade the #24 and #65 picks to the Raiders for the #17 pick, and they select Marcus Lattimore, RB, University of South Carolina

*With the #33 pick Colts select: Cordy Glenn, OG, Georgia

*With the #35 pick Colts select: Don’ta Hightower, ILB, Alabama

*With the #37 pick Colts select: Alameda Ta’amu, DT, Washington

*Colts trade #71, #95, and #197 picks to the Seahawks for the #47 pick, and they select: Ben Jones, C, Georgia

*With the #97 pick Colts select: Rokevious Watkins, G, University of South Carolina

*With the #129 pick Colts select: D’Anton Lynn, CB, Penn State

*Colts trade #161 and #193 picks to Carolina for their 2013 5th round pick

So yeah, place your bets people!

The Colts future is looking bright! :yes:

Hey, do me a favor, call up Irsay and have him make the following changes:

*With the #5 pick Colts select: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

*With the #7 pick Colts select: Alshon Jeffery, WR, University of South Carolina

*Colts trade the #24 and #65 picks to the Raiders for the #17 pick, and they select Marcus Lattimore, RB, University of South Carolina Well I already pointed out this wouldn't be possible so let's try this...keep the #24 and take Josh Chapman, DT, Alabama and with #65 Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia

*Colts trade #71, #95, and #197 picks to the Seahawks for the #47 pick, and they select: Ben Jones, C, Georgia

*With the #97 pick Colts select: Rokevious Watkins, G, University of South Carolina

*With the #129 pick Colts select: D’Anton Lynn, CB, Penn State Marquis Maze, WR, Alabama

Thanks...I'd appreciate it. :thmsup: Oh and pass it over here br'a... :cool:

Okay, so I had this very specific prophetic vision about the Colts and what happens over the next 9 months or so. So here it goes:

*In week 2, the Patriots win a close game against the Chargers after, with the lose of their starting C Dan Koppen with a broken ankle, Tom Brady gets constant pressure up the middle forcing him into 2 ints and 1 fumble. In the following days after the game, the Patriots trade their 2012 3rd round pick to the Colts for C Jeff Saturday.

*Colts start off the season 0-5, with none of the games being even close to competitive. The d-line's inability to stop the run is the main culprit, with the team yeidling a league high 200 rushing yards per game.

*In a surprise move, the Colts make two huge trades in the days leading up to the trade deadline. First, in a trade with the Detroit Lions, we receive their 2012 1st, 2nd, and 7th round picks in exchange for DEs Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis. Many fans are outraged with the trade, but the front office backs up the move by making known their intentions to completely change our team's defensive philosophy and system. In the meantime, Detroit assembles the best DL in the history of the NFL. In another trade with the Minnesota Vikings, we receive their 2012 1st and 3rd round picks in exchange for WR Reggie Wayne, LB Gary Brackett, and RB Joseph Addai. Again, fans are outraged. The FO again speaks of the defensive changes to come, as well as intentions to plug in new players more suited for our new philosophies to come via the draft and free agency, which is why they’re freeing up the cap space and acquiring draft picks for the offseason. In the meantime, the Vikings get a much needed top notch #1 WR, a suitable backup to take some of the load off of AP, and some LB depth.

*The Colts go on to suffer through the worst season in franchise history, but with a happy ending. Peyton Manning returns to the team and eventually into the starting lineup at home against the Houston Texans in Week 16. He shows just a bit of rust, completes 18 of 28 passes for 250 yards, 2 Tds and 1 Int in a surprisingly close game which the Colts lose 21-17 to give them a record of 0-15. In Week 17, Peyton Manning leads his team to their first and only win of the season against the Jaguars in Jacksonville, 31-14. He looks very sharp, completing 27 of 35 passes for 350 yards, 4 Tds and 0 ints. We finish 1-15 with the first pick in the draft.

*Unfortunately for Detroit, a few key injuries severely hinder them as they finish the season with a 5-11 record, making them the 5th overall position in the draft. A similar fate befalls the Vikings, except instead of injuries, it’s Donavan McNabb’s gross lack of production that sinks their season, as they finish 6-10, making them the 7th overall position in the draft.

*New England has their second undefeated regular season, going 16-0.

*Dallas Clark is the lone Colts player to make the Pro Bowl.

*The season ends with the Patriots losing the SB in Indy to the New York Giants(10-6, the 6th seed), 35-13. Eli Manning is named the SB MVP.

*Immediately following the last game of our season, the Colts fire coaches Jim Caldwell, Cylde Christenson, and Larry Coyer. In the following weeks, they replace them with Jeff Fischer, Jim Tressel, and Greg Williams respectively.

*When the league year ends, the Colts release RB Donald Brown, QB Kerry Collins, OT Jeff Linkenbach, and QB Curtis Painter, and also make no attempts to resign Ryan Diem or Anthony Gonzales. They resign Pierre Garcon. In another classy move, Peyton Manning renegotiates his contract to take a considerable pay cut in order to give the team more flexibility in free agency and to ‘recompensate' the franchise for his missed season. In free agency, we acquire: LB Stephen Tulloch from Detroit, CB Tracy Porter from New Orleans, S LaRon Landry from Washington, OG Carl Nicks from New Orleans, DT Haloti Ngata from Baltimore, and QB Brady Quinn from Denver.

*The Colts go into the 2012 draft holding the #1, #5, #7, #33, #37, #65, #71, #95, #97, #129, #161, #193, and #197 picks. We the clock starts for our first pick, we are offered a trade by the Cleveland Browns for the rights to the #1 pick, we accept. In exchange we receive their #3, #24(from ATL), and #35 overall picks.

*With the #5 pick Colts select: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

*Colts trade the #24 and #65 picks to the Raiders for the #17 pick, and they select Marcus Lattimore, RB, University of South Carolina

*With the #129 pick Colts select: D’Anton Lynn, CB, Penn State

Dude you've been playing waaaaaaaaay too much Madden.

Hidden

Okay, so my visions aren't always perfect. For example, like 8 years ago, when I was single and before I lived where I do now, I had a vision that I was a bit older, had a Mexican wife, and two daughters that looked to be about 4 and 5 years old respectively. As it turned out, now I have a Puerto Rican fiance and 3 year old twin daughters, but they are fraternal and one is like 4 1/2 inches taller than the other, so people always think she's older. Also, I once had a really crazy vision that the antichrist took control of our country, through acts of terror manipulated the people of the US into giving up some of their basic freedoms without putting up a fight, and then, once he got what he wanted, relinquished control of our country, leaving it just a tattered remnant of what it once used to be. As it turned out, that was George W. :devil:

So wait, you wouldn't trade Saturday for a 3rd round pick?

I think that'd be a heck of a deal for us. I don't think anybody else would be willing to give anything more than a 5th or 6th round pick if anything at all, but with New England's starting center going down with the broken ankle, and with their overabundance of draft picks, plus with the bond that was made between Saturday and Patriots owner Robert Kraft just recently, I think it's a possibility.

I think that'd be a heck of a deal for us. I don't think anybody else would be willing to give anything more than a 5th or 6th round pick if anything at all, but with New England's starting center going down with the broken ankle, and with their overabundance of draft picks, plus with the bond that was made between Saturday and Patriots owner Robert Kraft just recently, I think it's a possibility.

NO chance what so ever! Not a single team in the league would give up anything to get Saturday at this point in his career. Speculation is he'll retire at season's end. Not to mention the Pats backup center came into the game and they didn't miss a beat, why on earth would they trade for a 38 yr. old center that don't know the system when they already have a capable guy to play center for them?

NO chance what so ever! Not a single team in the league would give up anything to get Saturday at this point in his career. Speculation is he'll retire at season's end. Not to mention the Pats backup center came into the game and they didn't miss a beat, why on earth would they trade for a 38 yr. old center that don't know the system when they already have a capable guy to play center for them?

I was just sayin'...

No, really it's not a possibility. lol

Agreed...but I posed the question from our end...would we accept that offer. If any of the trades happened from the OP's post, the Colts front office would immediately go out and start hoarding lottery tickets while the FO of the team on the other end of the trade would be fired.

I wouldn't trade Saturday ever. Thats just me, though.

Well like GoColts8818 said, it's a good thing none of the fans on this board run the show.

No way does that happen. First, this may very well be Saturday's last NFL season. NE knows this, and the Colts know it, so I doubt NE will trade such an early pick for a one season wonder. Plus, NE lately has been trying to get younger, not older. They love trading/releasing old players (ex. Moss, Vrabel, Seymour), even if the players put up good performances. NE likes to look ahead and cut them BEFORE their skills depreciate, not as their skills are depreciating. In my mind, they did let Seymour go a little too quick though, but that's another discussion.

No, really it's not a possibility. lol

Agreed...but I posed the question from our end...would we accept that offer. If any of the trades happened from the OP's post, the Colts front office would immediately go out and start hoarding lottery tickets while the FO of the team on the other end of the trade would be fired.

Well like GoColts8818 said, it's a good thing none of the fans on this board run the show.

I would normally agree with you on the point you're making, but after Atlanta gave up their 2011 No. 27 overall pick and second- and fourth-round picks this year, in addition to their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012, all for the #6 pick, you just don't know what to expect anymore. That's frickin' ludacris!

".....bond that was made between Saturday and Patriots owner Robert Kraft....."

Let me make it perfectly clear: I like Jeff Saturday. He seems like a very nice person. But I thought Jeff should have bonded a hammer lock on Kraft. That's the vision that I had.

All kidding aside, I don't want to see Saturday in any other uniform. He's ours!

:colts:

I would normally agree with you on the point you're making, but after Atlanta gave up their 2011 No. 27 overall pick and second- and fourth-round picks this year, in addition to their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012, all for the #6 pick, you just don't know what to expect anymore. That's frickin' ludacris!

True...I'll give you that..but still remember that Atlanta did that for a top rookie prospect who, barring injury, should be able to help them for the next 10+ years. As crazy as it may sound, I think a 3rd round pick for 36 yr old Jeff Saturday would be even more outlandish.