Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck's Posse

trailertrash

I find it funny the paparazzi are clowning him for having a flip phone when he makes about 100x what they make in a year....

I am 100% behind him rocking the old school phone. Totally unpretentious, doesn't need some Samsung Galaxy or iPhone 5...dude is grounded and just doesn't care what the media thinks.

THAT I can get behind. And the fact this thread went on this long, debating whether or not Luck should have a "smartphone" is kind of lame.

It has reached the point where even calling smart phones "phones" at all is ridiculous. It's a game machine/computer that happens to have phone capabilities. My 20 something nephew had a gameboy attached to his face for his entire childhood and has simply replaced this with an iphone. I considered the later to be an absurd waste of time, and I'm thinking that smart phones might have a lot in common with them. There is very little that they do that I either want, or wouldn't prefer to wait and do in the comfort of my home - using a screen that doesn't require 20/20 vision, disjointed thumbs, and the patience of a saint.

Personally I love the idea of a truly portable computer but consider smart phones to be WAY too small to meet that need. Yet as phones go they are massive. Every time I see someone dig that huge chunk of plastic out of their pocket I think "do you have to "adjust yourself" just to sit down? I can't even stand to wear my wedding ring. But I've had a flip phone in a holster on my hip all day everyday for more than a decade and I don't even feel it. A portable phone is something that I still consider to be somewhat miraculous - it was only about 15-18 years ago when they were still hopelessly unaffordable for most people. To go from there to the point where people think having this toy with you 24/7 is actually a necessity is a bit hard to swallow. If Luck doesn't consider it one, more power to him.

I couldn't imagine life without my smartphone. Among the many things I do: Colts App, SiriusXM radio with 200 channels, Pinball, camera, surfing, NFL app, weather, TV guide (when I'm in bed), banking info, and I can access all 3,200 of my mp3's through Google Music. What's not to like? It's like having an ultra-portable computer.

But if Andrew doesn't want one, that's his deal. I just want him to throw touchdowns.

I couldn't imagine life without my smartphone. Among the many things I do: Colts App, SiriusXM radio with 200 channels, Pinball, camera, surfing, NFL app, weather, TV guide (when I'm in bed), banking info, and I can access all 3,200 of my mp3's through Google Music. What's not to like? It's like having an ultra-portable computer.

But if Andrew doesn't want one, that's his deal. I just want him to throw touchdowns.

there is a colts app!!!? why dont i have it? do you know if there is a windows phone version of it?

i agree. that's like saying cell phones are bad because people stand in line at the gas station blabbing on their phone

i have a smart phone & find it to be extremely useful. but there certainly is a time & place

Primitive beings....   Our quad laser is vastly superior to that of the three dimensions.

20100522152527thequadla.jpg

TMZ will annihilate you all. 

I don't I blame people.

Like...ya know ...I blame the people making fun of a multi-millionaire for not having what has become a social convention, the highest grade of new technology as a phone.

You can't tell this new day and age anything. It's all about their stupid video games, cell phones and crap. Not letting my kids go down that road

Luck is old school. I have an old LG flip phone that I pre pay and have unlimited text on that cost 15 bucks a month. Only reason I have it is to stay connected to my boys and grandkids. I barely have 1 bar of service out here at my farm and could care less for the new phones, not a priority to me. Even my little grand daughter (10) has one. My wife makes me carry my cell because she works and I have had a few heart attacks, it makes her feel better if I have it with me. I may up grade to a high speed satelite for my internet just so I can watch all of the awesome videos of these colts, I hate this dial up. Our phone lines wont carry broadband out here in the country so have to go satellite and most of the smart phones wont work her at my house (boonies). But I did splurge for a cool laptop. :clap:

Luck is old school. I have an old LG flip phone that I pre pay and have unlimited text on that cost 15 bucks a month. Only reason I have it is to stay connected to my boys and grandkids. I barely have 1 bar of service out here at my farm and could care less for the new phones, not a priority to me. Even my little grand daughter (10) has one. My wife makes me carry my cell because she works and I have had a few heart attacks, it makes her feel better if I have it with me. I may up grade to a high speed satelite for my internet just so I can watch all of the awesome videos of these colts, I hate this dial up. Our phone lines wont carry broadband out here in the country so have to go satellite and most of the smart phones wont work her at my house (boonies). But I did splurge for a cool laptop. :clap:

So, you're the last one using dial up. :D

So, you're the last one using dial up. :D

Lol yeah guess I am. Have to drive 9 miles to town just to get my updates on this laptop. Go to the local gym and do it there every couple weeks and check out all the cool videos you guys get to see daily. But I enjoy doing it and watch all the ladies work out while Im there(my bad) lol Guess I better go into town tomorrow and catch up. It takes like 3 minutes for this pages to load for the message board.

You can't tell this new day and age anything. It's all about their stupid video games, cell phones and crap. Not letting my kids go down that road

I'm pretty sure this exact statement has been spoken about every generation throughout time.

Just substitute different activities lmao

Should have added about never knowing when you need a camera. I was at our local mall a few years ago, and looking for a table at the food court...low and behold I ran into a NASCAR driver.

My old LG flip has a camera. I got a pic of Luck at LOS on the draft night party when he was doing his interview. I was right above him and my sons said I was on the NFL network right above Luck when he was doing his interview.  If I could just figure out how to get it on here I would be happy.

In a day and age when we count how many phones we get over 5 years through warranty and design choice, maybe Andrew Luck is smarter than most of us as why change something that isn't broken?

Should be complemented for sticking with it, not hounded down by some TMZ scum. 

That video reminded me of when Dwight Freeney was on Dr. Phil with the gold diggers who pretty much wouldn't give him the time of day because they had no clue who he was.

As far as the smartphone, I would have one if I could afford it.  So, I kinda like the idea that someone who can afford to have a different smartphone for every day of the week could care less.  That just tells me that he has more important things (like football) on his mind.