Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats@miami

Coltssouth

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is the Pats fans to Dolphin fans 50-50 right now? The crowd isn't even in it.

Seems that way to me. Florida has so many NE transplants (read: retirees) that games between the Sox and Rays are virtually home games for the Sox.

The Dolphins haven't been good for awhile, so this accounts for part of it.

TD, Welker! Stupid to blitz Brady with Welker having 1-on-1 coverage.

Seems that way to me. Florida has so many NE transplants (read: retirees) that games between the Sox and Rays are virtually home games for the Sox.

TD, Welker! Stupid to blitz Brady with Welker having 1-on-1 coverage.

There are a lot of Pats fans in South Florida I can confirm that. But the last Dolphins game I went to was the Monday Night Football game against the Colts, and the place was crazy. Mind you, they were coming off a playoff season, but still. This is pathetic.

It's pretty much the same when any NY team from any sport goes down there. I wonder if there is anybody living there whose actually from Florida?;)

It's pretty much the same when any NY team from any sport goes down there. I wonder if there is anybody living there whose actually from Florida?;)

FL is kind of weird as far as sports go. I just returned from a year down there. In my limited experience, the people who were from FL originally weren't very passionate about sports. They'd root for the local teams but they didn't really live and breath it. The most passionate fans were the College Football fans; I never ran across what you'd call "die hard" NFL, NBA, or MLB fans who were from FL. The die hards I ran into were all from other areas and still supported their teams from back home.

After watching that 99 yard TD catch & Brady passing for 500+ yards 600+ of total offense, defense is looking solid, I'm not looking forward to the Colts getting stomped. I'm very jealous of them now as that's a team that consistently changes and fixes their problems to make them better. They brought in taller more physical guys in the backfield, got a big run stuffer in Haynesworth + much more. Colts really need to take a lesson from them, atleast fix the rush defense or special teams!!!! Colts can't even do that.

Mod Edit: Insulting nicknames are a no-no.

That game just made me miss Mannning even more. Can't wait to see him again passing for a million yards. Anyone notice how many 300+ yard passing games this week? I can't recall there ever being that many. I thought the offenses were supposed to struggle, but it's the defenses that are just plain sucking. Maybe we're entering into a new passing era, the Super Duper Passing League. I wonder what stats Manning will put up.

Wow, it's crazy to think that if the dumb CB made that tackle against Welker. Brady would have would 450 yards, and the game would have been closer. Brady had a great game, but I've read some stupid reports claiming that this game proves that the 514 yards he threw were all because of him. He had 70 yards because of Welker and 46 yards to Slater, and Hernandez. It was a great game, but chill. Don't get me started about PM's great games...

unbelievable game for brady! miami defense was not prepared for this game, i guess it is a passing league, can't imagine what peyton's numbers would've been....

To be fair Brady with his no huddle and his own substitutions ta boot gassed the Miami defense. I mean they were kneeling before plays,out of position just trying to line up......

I suspect they will rebound.

This is going to sound weird, but did anyone feel that Henne had a better game than Brady? He was going up against a much better defense, his offensive line played horrible, and his defense couldn't do much of anything but he kept his composure. If you take away the YAC from Welker's 100 yard catch they both had about 415 yards, and Henne led the Dolphins in rushing yards! I feel like he had the better game for some reason. Hmm.

Wow, it's crazy to think that if the dumb CB made that tackle against Welker. Brady would have would 450 yards, and the game would have been closer. Brady had a great game, but I've read some stupid reports claiming that this game proves that the 514 yards he threw were all because of him. He had 70 yards because of Welker and 46 yards to Slater, and Hernandez. It was a great game, but chill. Don't get me started about PM's great games...

Take a chill pill.

Peyton was the only reason the colts did well for years.

Polian has been riding on the PM bandwagon for way too long.

Bottom line is Brady completed the pass and got wes in a situation to score a td.

Let's face it Andy, you are still crying about your team and taking out your crappy rage on the pats.

A QB does make all the difference in the world.

This is going to sound weird, but did anyone feel that Henne had a better game than Brady? He was going up against a much better defense, his offensive line played horrible, and his defense couldn't do much of anything but he kept his composure. If you take away the YAC from Welker's 100 yard catch they both had about 415 yards, and Henne led the Dolphins in rushing yards! I feel like he had the better game for some reason. Hmm.

i too felt henne had the better game , not in yards but in throwing under pressure most of the time he had 2 to 3 sec to throw brady most times had 6 to 10 sec. pats have a line that would make painter look world class

Take a chill pill.

Peyton was the only reason the colts did well for years.

Polian has been riding on the PM bandwagon for way too long.

Bottom line is Brady completed the pass and got wes in a situation to score a td.

Let's face it Andy, you are still crying about your team and taking out your crappy rage on the pats.

A QB does make all the difference in the world.

I'm completely chill, bro... I'm not crying over anything, and I'm not angry about the Colts, I'm angry that the media is overblowing this. If it weren't for that pass, it wouldn't be as crazy. I never said a QB doesn't make a difference, I'm just saying it helps to have a guy that got 75 YAC yards, on a play where he should have been covered and tackled. You take the chill pill, because at the end of the day PM is the better QB, and u arrogant PAts know it too. Your turn Rosie...

Did anyone else picture Peyton passing behind an O-line as good as the Pats??

The last time he had anything close to that was 2005.

Those guys are phenomanal at buying time for Brady, and letting smaller backs like Woodhead and The Law Firm sneak through the holes for extra yardage. D.Carter of the Colts would be a top rusher behind a line like this. Since it seems to favor smaller backs.

That organization and staff sure no how to run a team, man, Pats fans are lucky. Speaking of Luck...

+++++++++1 ^^^^^ 10000% agree

Colts fans crack me up. That's because most of you aren't Colts fans, but Peyton Manning fans. If Brady has a great game...downgrade it or blame the other team's incompetency or talk up the rest of the team. Peyton has a bad game or throws a clinching pick 6 in the Super Bowl, the receiver ran the wrong route. Manning throws 17 INT in a year, it's the O-line's fault.

I mean, what has he even done for you guys because win once against a Rex Grossman led team? He'll never win another SB in his career (that is if he even is healthy if/when he returns next year) and he's all around an annoying guy to people who aren't Colts fans.

I can picture a lot of you with your Peyton Manning fatheads in your room all disappointed because he can't play this year. I got news for you...Peyton isn't your whole team...it's just that your organization never bothered to groom a decent backup quarterback.

Colts fans crack me up. That's because most of you aren't Colts fans, but Peyton Manning fans. If Brady has a great game...downgrade it or blame the other team's incompetency or talk up the rest of the team. Peyton has a bad game or throws a clinching pick 6 in the Super Bowl, the receiver ran the wrong route. Manning throws 17 INT in a year, it's the O-line's fault.

I mean, what has he even done for you guys because win once against a Rex Grossman led team? He'll never win another SB in his career (that is if he even is healthy if/when he returns next year) and he's all around an annoying guy to people who aren't Colts fans.

I can picture a lot of you with your Peyton Manning fatheads in your room all disappointed because he can't play this year. I got news for you...Peyton isn't your whole team...it's just that your organization never bothered to groom a decent backup quarterback.

Your logic not only fails, but shows your hypocrisy.

Lemme explain why it fails. Manning is out, and everyone I know on these forums has yet to jump ship. And have ALREADY talked about replacing him after he retires.

Now lemme explain your hypocrisy.

If Brady wins 3 SB's, credit goes to him, lets not acknowledge he has one of the best coaches in NFL history. Or that he has a solid team that played up to the task on all boards. There isn't one Colts fan I know, that would not give our 2006-2007 post season defense credit for that SB win. We had the #1 D in the playoffs that year. Albeit, are D rarely shapes up too be that good. Pollian called out the O-line after the SB, I didn't.

Here's another one of my favs "Brady would have 5 rings with all of Manning's weapons." But what about with the Colts special teams, or defense? Or coaches?? There are far more things to factor in besides who he's throwing to.

When the Pats lost SB XLII, "He lost because of the O-line and Asante Samuel dropped that pick, not because we couldn't score enough with the leagues best offense.". "The Giants got lucky". Why couldn't just be that the Giants beat you?

You call out Colts fans on something that's just as common in your fanbase...

EDIT: 1 post, of course, just another Pats fan trolling.

Here's the thing arrogant Pats fan (that's how I refer to all you guys),

Let's get one thing straight, I'm a Colts fan, and a PM fan. I was a Colts fan before PM. Now I never heard anyone say that Reggie ran the wrong route, and the 17 INTs was partly due to the line, but the QB makes the throws.

That Rex Grossman lead team had arguably the best defense in the past 20 years, and if they beat the Seahawks, the reigning NFC champs, and the Saints led by Drew Brees, and have an incredible season, they deserve to be there no matter who the QB is. They deserved to be there, and we beat them. Don't get me started with you guys. Want me to say, oh and you guys beat a Jake Delhomme led team with a mediocre defense, or your lucky just to be in the SB against the Rams... the tuck rule game, the AFC championship vs the backup Qb of the Steelers and Bledsoe coming in to save Brady, and in the SB your defense stopping the best offense in the league.

Him not winning another SB is your opinion. What's a fact is that we went to the SB in 09, and have won playoffs game since 07, you have not won a game since Spygate. Your last win was against the Chargers without LT in 07.

I don't have fatheads, they're way too expensive, bobbleheads are the way to go. Clearly you don't know anything about the Colts, because if you did you would realize that it's really hard to win without PM all because the team is set up to revolve around him. Brady is apart of your team, your team revolves around Belicheck. Oh and by the way, why reply to the guy who just agreed with another guys comment? Anyways, what do you have to say for yourself arrogant Pats fan.

unbelievable game for brady! miami defense was not prepared for this game, i guess it is a passing league, can't imagine what peyton's numbers would've been....

Me too :(

seeing allllllll these QB's have monster games week one makes me think of Peyton

oh well

we gotta trust Collin's for now. And fix that O-line before Manning comes back.

I'm not a huge Brady fan...but a Pats fan. And I don't know about other fans, but I never gave Brady full credit for all those SB wins...he was a part of it...but they also had a great D and just had "it" as a team.

My point is that Colts fans are so caught up in hating Brady that they would rather give a coach they hate (Belichick) credit or blame a member of their team for Manning's mistakes.

Take away the Welker play tonight and Brady still would have thrown for 450 yards. And the idea that Henne outplayed him is laughable. The Pats defense is horrible, and even the analysts said the D looked bad.

Colts fans used to have a decent argument..."Brady doesn't put up big stats, has never shown he can...Brady has no regular season MVPs"..but the only thing Manning has over him is that he started in the league 3 years before him and had a head start in stats. Brady actually throws FAR LESS interceptions and when he does they are fluke INTs like the one tonight. Manning is basically Brett Favre without the "will he/won't he" Drama...one SB win/one SB loss...lots of media attention...and lots of bulk stats including INTs.

You can't say he had a better game but you can say he played extremely well. Fins could be interesting this year.

I'm not a huge Brady fan...but a Pats fan. And I don't know about other fans, but I never gave Brady full credit for all those SB wins...he was a part of it...but they also had a great D and just had "it" as a team.

My point is that Colts fans are so caught up in hating Brady that they would rather give a coach they hate (Belichick) credit or blame a member of their team for Manning's mistakes.

Take away the Welker play tonight and Brady still would have thrown for 450 yards. And the idea that Henne outplayed him is laughable. The Pats defense is horrible, and even the analysts said the D looked bad.

Colts fans used to have a decent argument..."Brady doesn't put up big stats, has never shown he can...Brady has no regular season MVPs"..but the only thing Manning has over him is that he started in the league 3 years before him and had a head start in stats. Brady actually throws FAR LESS interceptions and when he does they are fluke INTs like the one tonight. Manning is basically Brett Favre without the "will he/won't he" Drama...one SB win/one SB loss...lots of media attention...and lots of bulk stats including INTs.

Ok arrogant fan,

Im surprised to hear that from a Pats fan, but kudos.

I completely disagree on that one. We blamed Manning for 13 INTs in 3 games last, and we also blamed the line becuase he was hit constantly.

Brady had a great game tonight, but I've read some reports that made me laugh my butt off. The Pats defense IS NOT HORRIBLE. They put constant pressure on Henne, and the fins played a smart game. Shows your lack of knowledge on the Pats, if you think they have a bad D. Just constant constant pressure on Henne tonight...

In those 3 years, the Colts and sort of Manning, had 2 bad seasons, and Brady is NOT on pace to break any of Manning's records BTW. He can't get 6000 yards a season for 3 years, he can't get 40 TDs (he can but unlieky). Manning has better stats than him and is a better thrower and QB, but not a better winnner. Manning is basically Dan Marino instead of Favre. Great player, no defense. Manning has more interceptions because he throws more, simple as that. The more throws the higher chance of INTs, simple math, logic and common sense. He does get a lot of media attention because the best player in the league is out for 2 months, and no one knew if he would play. Brady is also less riskier in his throws than PM, and has a much much much better line than PM. He averages like 4 yards per pass, then gets 4 YAC yards from a guy like Welker. I also doubt that your not a huge Brady fan, but a Pats fan. I'm a huge PM fan, but an even bigger Colts fan. For God sake, I devote a lot of my time on the Colts, not PM. I have a website (don't worry mods no link) on the Colts not PM.

Ok arrogant fan,

Im surprised to hear that from a Pats fan, but kudos.

I completely disagree on that one. We blamed Manning for 13 INTs in 3 games last, and we also blamed the line becuase he was hit constantly.

Brady had a great game tonight, but I've read some reports that made me laugh my butt off. The Pats defense IS NOT HORRIBLE. They put constant pressure on Henne, and the fins played a smart game. Shows your lack of knowledge on the Pats, if you think they have a bad D. Just constant constant pressure on Henne tonight...

In those 3 years, the Colts and sort of Manning, had 2 bad seasons, and Brady is NOT on pace to break any of Manning's records BTW. He can't get 6000 yards a season for 3 years, he can't get 40 TDs (he can but unlieky). Manning has better stats than him and is a better thrower and QB, but not a better winnner. Manning is basically Dan Marino instead of Favre. Great player, no defense. Manning has more interceptions because he throws more, simple as that. The more throws the higher chance of INTs, simple math, logic and common sense. He does get a lot of media attention because the best player in the league is out for 2 months, and no one knew if he would play. Brady is also less riskier in his throws than PM, and has a much much much better line than PM. He averages like 4 yards per pass, then gets 4 YAC yards from a guy like Welker. I also doubt that your not a huge Brady fan, but a Pats fan. I'm a huge PM fan, but an even bigger Colts fan. For God sake, I devote a lot of my time on the Colts, not PM. I have a website (don't worry mods no link) on the Colts not PM.

Fair enough.

You're overgeneralizing about Colts fans. Belichek has proven himself as a great coach(Brady has proven himself as a great QB too), even before he came to NE he had a ring with another organization. I don't hate Brady, I don't even know him. But I dislike him, only because he is a rival to my team, not to mention how people try to belittle Manning's career by rubbing 3 Super Bowl wins in the face of his fans. As if it's the official or objective way to rate an individual player.

Manning has 7,210 attempts, while Brady has 4,758 attempts.

Manning has 54,828yds and 399 TD's, while Brady has 35,261yds and 265TD's.

Manning has 198INT's, and Brady has 104INT's.

There are a few things to understand here. First off, Brady is NEVER required to throw as much as Manning. And Manning still has the biggest TD-INT differential(201TD's).

Manning has played from day one, while Brady walked into a organization that has proven to be successful for QB's. You don't know how Brady would've played if he had to start with a dead franchise. Cassel(and don't tell me Cassel can carry a bad team, the Chiefs were a good team last year) and Bledsoe for examples are QB's that had success with the Pats. I'm not taking away from Brady, I'm just saying, talking about stats between Manning and Brady is a losing battle for Brady. Manning is a statistical juggernaut You talk about yards, but Manning has 11 4,000 yard passing seasons to Brady's 3. Manning has 6 30+ TD seasons to Brady's 2. He also shows far more efficiency and good decision making than Favre. You are spewing nonsense. If Manning is Brett Favre, then Tom Brady is Terry Bradshaw minus the steroids(4 rings, but horrible numbers, but it doesn't matter when you have the Steel Curtain as your D).

Brady isn't even on pace to shatter any of Manning's major records. Manning could come back next year, throw less, and still maintain most of his records. Manning also has a much better QB rating than Favre.