Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can't Wait For Victory Tomorrow

unitaswestand

I will laugh my head off tomorrow when the Colts take out the Texans tomorrow. I think we have a few things going for us that the "experts" don't highlight too much:

1) Collins may not be prepared as much as we would like, but teams are not prepared for him. If you are the Texans, what do you game plan for? Same Colt offense? Multiple changes at the line? What if Colts come on and run a more traditional offense? Don't discount other teams not being prepared for someone.

2) The offensive line maybe be new and younger, but it is bigger and more physical. As a football coach, I find that run blocking comes quicker to a group then pass blocking. So I expect more running from the Colts and the suprising ability to do it much better than what people expect.

3) Other than Manning, the Colts are fairly healthly compared to last year.

4) The Colts, as a team, are improved. I believe the additions of Anderson, Brayton, and the beast named Drake Nevis will make a huge difference against the run. But I also think, because Andersono and Brayton may play more on running downs, Mathis and Freeney will be physically ahead of the tackles they line up on. Look what Freeney did in preseason with 3 sacks. I expect a monster season from Freeney and Mathis.

I fully expect the Colts to win tomorrow. I think Collins throws 2 TDs and we get 140 yards rushing. Collins is a good QB with a big arm. He will surprise some people.

It'll be a great game, I can't wait! I'm interested to see how Williams does as a LB

Yeah hopefully he does horrible & the transition doesn't go that smooth. Would be highly beneficial, for tomorrow. I like Mario as a player but don't want to see him smash the Colts. Brooks Reed is also a goliath linebacker, wonder if the LB core is strong and physical but lacks speed. I'm thinking it migh be a great opportunity to run down their throats tomorrow.

I agree with the OP but one thing is, coaches are just gonna look at how collins played with the texans. They know he wont run the offense like peyton does he's gonna get plays from the coaches and run audibles if he sees anything so hopefully the coaches are ready for this big test come tomorrow... i think im gonna go sleep late tonight just so i can wake up at 11 or 12 for the game.... hate waiting lol

I agree with the OP but one thing is, coaches are just gonna look at how collins played with the texans. They know he wont run the offense like peyton does he's gonna get plays from the coaches and run audibles if he sees anything so hopefully the coaches are ready for this big test come tomorrow... i think im gonna go sleep late tonight just so i can wake up at 11 or 12 for the game.... hate waiting lol

Thought Collins played with the Titans? Go Collins

its like this teams ran on us on first down normally had 2 an 5 passed an then ran or screened when freeney and mathis would sell out for the rush

the idea is to have brayton and anderson in early to stop the early run calls and force more second and long and third and long then we brong in a fresh freeney and mathis and let them loose

if we can get anytype of pass rush from brayton and anderson that would be great because after the first couple games and teams see this they will start trying to pass on early down due to lack of pass rush but this alot works in are favor if we can get an incomplete pass on early downs and stop the run to a 2 or 3 yards gain then we looking at 3 an 7 or 3 an 8 an freeney an mathis can let loose with out real fear of someone running on 3 an 3 or 3 an 1 like they normally would do but what is yet to be seen is what are we gonna get from the d tackle position also

i like wheeler in the joker look lets get creative use a 3'4 hybrid use wheeler in the joker route but dont always rush him drop him in coverage at time an things like this

I hope Drake plays and we protect Collins and if we can run the football that's everything this season running the rock! We do that we can compete and win games. Also stopping the run we can't give up long runs as per usual 2 or 3 times a game last years we've done this. Must tackle well! Colts 26 Texans 20. Go Colts!!!

I can't wait either. I think Carter will run for 150+ tomorrow!

Only way Carter gets 150 yrds against the Texans is if Addai gets injured or something. Addai is still the starter and he will get most of the carries especially during the early part of the season.

Without Manning it will definitely be "Do Addai Time!" But I want to see Carter get carries as well. Would be great if they could combine for 150.

I will laugh my head off tomorrow when the Colts take out the Texans tomorrow. I think we have a few things going for us that the "experts" don't highlight too much:

1) Collins may not be prepared as much as we would like, but teams are not prepared for him. If you are the Texans, what do you game plan for? Same Colt offense? Multiple changes at the line? What if Colts come on and run a more traditional offense? Don't discount other teams not being prepared for someone.

2) The offensive line maybe be new and younger, but it is bigger and more physical. As a football coach, I find that run blocking comes quicker to a group then pass blocking. So I expect more running from the Colts and the suprising ability to do it much better than what people expect.

3) Other than Manning, the Colts are fairly healthly compared to last year.

4) The Colts, as a team, are improved. I believe the additions of Anderson, Brayton, and the beast named Drake Nevis will make a huge difference against the run. But I also think, because Andersono and Brayton may play more on running downs, Mathis and Freeney will be physically ahead of the tackles they line up on. Look what Freeney did in preseason with 3 sacks. I expect a monster season from Freeney and Mathis.

I fully expect the Colts to win tomorrow. I think Collins throws 2 TDs and we get 140 yards rushing. Collins is a good QB with a big arm. He will surprise some people.

I'm expecting a victory, too. The Colts will play a good game and the Texans are overrated. Colts 24-21 win in Houston.