Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it Possible?

Greenoughrunner

That in a few years we have the dangrous duo with Hilton and Brzile or Avery or someone not here lol. But Hilton and another WR duo would be sick. Kinda like we have now, but he isnt fully devolpted and Wayne will be gone soon

Doubt avery...he will be on the wrong side of 30 and he is not an indianapolis icon like Wayne is, so he will be expendable. what we do need though is a guy who can be the go to guy when wayne retires and id love to say hilton but do we really want to take him out of his comfort zone?? he is playing well where he is at. i mean heck its his 3rd or 4th 100 yard receiving game (i think thats a rookie WR record)

I am still hoping this offseason we drop Avery and aquire Wallace. He would 100% be an upgrade and doesn't drop as many balls. Avery has done ok, but he drops a lot.

That would be a huge mistake, in my opinion. Wallace wouldn't bring anything different to our receiving core that we don't already have, and he'd be overpriced. The sum of Avery/Hilton/Brazil is sufficient in filling the role of deep threat, and at half the price

...id love to say hilton but do we really want to take him out of his comfort zone?? he is playing well where he is at. i mean heck its his 3rd or 4th 100 yard receiving game (i think thats a rookie WR record)

Comfort zone??? Again, the board continues to baffle me. It's as though players are stuck in a vacuum, and whatever they do in the here and now cannot be improved upon. Hilton is comfortable, as a #3, so that's the best he'll ever be... really? Is that what the NFL is all about?

As far as I am concerned, I looked at what Arians did in Pittsburgh, and he had 2-3 little receivers with speed. Brown and Sanders were his most recent ones. You keep increasing reps, as they get more comfortable. Eventually, they become a big part of the team. Brown just this year signed a 6 year, 43 million dollar deal. At 5-10, 184, I'd put him as right about identical to Hilton in terms of physique. You don't pay a guy that kinda money to stick him in a "comfort zone."

So, what I am getting at, is that this team will have to let things shake out. Thus far, Hilton appears to be a stud. His stature is the one thing that allowed us to grab him late in round 3.

On to Brazill... to me, this guy was a steal. He doesn't seem to get a fair evaluation, IMO. At this point, he's stuck behind Wayne, Avery, and Hilton. All of which are performing on one level or another. Hilton has been the biggest riser. Avery has been a big contributor, and Wayne has been... well... Wayne. But Brazill, to me, when his opportunities come, he always seems to capitalize. Some of his grabs have been insane. And, at least from what I can recall, he doesn't seem to drop very much. I think if we were to suffer an injury to any of our top 3, the drop off wouldn't be that pronounced.

As to the possibility of an acquisition of Wallace next year... meh. The guy has game changing speed, but he seems to value himself far too high. He's the 32nd ranked receiver at this moment. And he's been looking for top dog type of money. I'd prefer this team continues to move down the path they have been. If they lose Avery, bring in another youngster through the draft in the later rounds. Right now, this team needs help at the G positions, and a lot of help on the defensive side, IMO. We don't need to pay Wallace top money.

I would take Wallace, Bowe, or Welker. That said I believe we have a lot of good young talent in house already, with the money we have we need O-Line and Defense. I have been a huge Hilton fan since I went to the preseason game in D.C..

Comfort zone??? Again, the board continues to baffle me. It's as though players are stuck in a vacuum, and whatever they do in the here and now cannot be improved upon. Hilton is comfortable, as a #3, so that's the best he'll ever be... really? Is that what the NFL is all about?

As far as I am concerned, I looked at what Arians did in Pittsburgh, and he had 2-3 little receivers with speed. Brown and Sanders were his most recent ones. You keep increasing reps, as they get more comfortable. Eventually, they become a big part of the team. Brown just this year signed a 6 year, 43 million dollar deal. At 5-10, 184, I'd put him as right about identical to Hilton in terms of physique. You don't pay a guy that kinda money to stick him in a "comfort zone."

So, what I am getting at, is that this team will have to let things shake out. Thus far, Hilton appears to be a stud. His stature is the one thing that allowed us to grab him late in round 3.

On to Brazill... to me, this guy was a steal. He doesn't seem to get a fair evaluation, IMO. At this point, he's stuck behind Wayne, Avery, and Hilton. All of which are performing on one level or another. Hilton has been the biggest riser. Avery has been a big contributor, and Wayne has been... well... Wayne. But Brazill, to me, when his opportunities come, he always seems to capitalize. Some of his grabs have been insane. And, at least from what I can recall, he doesn't seem to drop very much. I think if we were to suffer an injury to any of our top 3, the drop off wouldn't be that pronounced.

As to the possibility of an acquisition of Wallace next year... meh. The guy has game changing speed, but he seems to value himself far too high. He's the 32nd ranked receiver at this moment. And he's been looking for top dog type of money. I'd prefer this team continues to move down the path they have been. If they lose Avery, bring in another youngster through the draft in the later rounds. Right now, this team needs help at the G positions, and a lot of help on the defensive side, IMO. We don't need to pay Wallace top money.

I agree 100%....and I also think that as our O-Line/ground attack is improved, which IMO is a top priority in maximizing Luck's potential....our WR/TE corps is fine, for now. Obviously, Reggie and Avery are winding down their careers, but still very effective and barring serious injury, should be for 1-2 more seasons.

And although Mike Wallace is a speed merchant and I was intrigued by what he'd offer our offense before Luck rang up this production with these WRs....Wallace has also proven to be a less than stellar route runner and his price tag is too high in light of O-line help and other areas of need.

There is a reason Wallace didn't have the Steelers eating out of his hand prior to this season, and they know him better than anyone. He's a very good NFL WR....but not elite, and he wanted a contract to the tune of Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson....which is absolutely out of the question.