Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please Refrain From Calling Other Fans “Bandwagon” Or "fair-Weather" Fans

Guest BlueShoe

Guest BlueShoe

We all have to keep a perspective here and understand that most fans who take the time to post on this website and other message boards are far too committed to deserve for another person to say they are anything less than a die-hard fan.

We are going to have some differences about the whole Manning injury and it will be emotional, but I ask that everyone please refrain from calling other fans “Bandwagon” or "Fair-Weather" Fans.

We all deal with things differently. Just because a fan thinks will are in for a rough year doesn’t mean they aren’t optimistic and just because a fan is optimistic, doesn’t mean they are just a fan of “Manning”.

We are all here and we are all great fans so respect that!!

I spent years trying to find another Colts fan just as many of you did as well. Now that we have each other to talk Colts football with let’s not put each other down because we have a difference of opinions. It is an opinion. It may not be yours. Deal with it and accept that what you believe isn’t the only way a person can believe to be a Colts fan. A Colts fan is not a Colts fan because he or she agrees with what the majority of the fans on this board believe either.

A Colts fan is someone who loves the Colts and no one has the right to say that they do or they don’t. Only the person knows that and judging by that fan being here on this board right now and reading this message, I am willing to bet that they do love the Colts.

Disagree all you want to but please stay respectful.

Hi I agree I'm a new member from Maryland and its tough enough though right after they left in 84 now that was tough! But I've stayed the course a d then 98 we got Peyton! There is no need too belittle anyoneor say negative comments everyone has an opinion. I was reading stampede blue they are reporting that Mike Hartline brother of Pats said on his twitter acct that his brother (Mike) had signed with colts practice squad that makes 6 so far.

Guest BlueShoe

I agree with that. But we should also add... please refrain from pretending that people are pessimistic about the Colts are being "real", while people who do not believe in the doom and gloom are somehow being not real or realistic.

Absolutely!

And I apologize if that's what you thought I meant in another thread. It was not and I think I followed up with a post explaining that.

We are all real fans.

I also think that someone who believes that we have a tough road ahead of us isn't necessarily being pessimistic either. It boils down to how a person sees this whole thing unfolding and in my opinion it doesn't look good. I can see a scenario where we don't even have Peyton at all this season and if that is the case then it's going to be very tough for us to be successful, in my opinion. That is not being pessimistic; it's just my point of view, in this situation.

We will all be rooting for us to win every week, but I have to believe that the expectations are not what they were before Peyton was downgraded to doubtful. It has been a long time since a player who was listed as doubtful by the Colts actually played the game or the week after.

We all have to keep a perspective here and understand that most fans who take the time to post on this website and other message boards are far too committed to deserve for another person to say they are anything less than a die-hard fan.

We are going to have some differences about the whole Manning injury and it will be emotional, but I ask that everyone please refrain from calling other fans “Bandwagon” or "Fair-Weather" Fans.

We all deal with things differently. Just because a fan thinks will are in for a rough year doesn’t mean they aren’t optimistic and just because a fan is optimistic, doesn’t mean they are just a fan of “Manning”.

We are all here and we are all great fans so respect that!!

I spent years trying to find another Colts fan just as many of you did as well. Now that we have each other to talk Colts football with let’s not put each other down because we have a difference of opinions. It is an opinion. It may not be yours. Deal with it and accept that what you believe isn’t the only way a person can believe to be a Colts fan. A Colts fan is not a Colts fan because he or she agrees with what the majority of the fans on this board believe either.

A Colts fan is someone who loves the Colts and no one has the right to say that they do or they don’t. Only the person knows that and judging by that fan being here on this board right now and reading this message, I am willing to bet that they do love the Colts.

Disagree all you want to but please stay respectful.

great post i hope the people who make snide remarks to other fans read this and think about what they are doing. we are all colts fans please dont judge how good of a fan we are

I agree with that. But we should also add... please refrain from pretending that people are pessimistic about the Colts are being "real", while people who do not believe in the doom and gloom are somehow being not real or realistic.

Yep. And while we're at it, how about people refrain from making controversial statements with no support just to start a flaming thread. I believe that's also against the forum rules.

Smonroe, perhaps you should take your own advice. And i don't appreciate being called debbie downer because IMO Manning is out for the Texans game.. Susie Q. We are all fans and to whomever's opinion, stop personally attacking them. I for one will attack back. I will admit it openly, Im a Manning fan first, a colts fan second. I followed Mannings career from Tennessee to Indy. Does that make me less of a fan. According to some, ya. To others, no.

Smonroe, perhaps you should take your own advice. And i don't appreciate being called debbie downer because IMO Manning is out for the Texans game.. Susie Q. We are all fans and to whomever's opinion, stop personally attacking them. I for one will attack back. I will admit it openly, Im a Manning fan first, a colts fan second. I followed Mannings career from Tennessee to Indy. Does that make me less of a fan. According to some, ya. To others, no.

Sorry if you took anything I have said as an attack because I have never tried to attack anyone I just say my opinion and we are all entitled to our opinions. Right? When I posted Debbie Downer I also did a lol which I meant I was joking. I will try and watch what I say to you from now on.

Sorry if you took anything I have said as an attack because I have never tried to attack anyone I just say my opinion and we are all entitled to our opinions. Right? When I posted Debbie Downer I also did a lol which I meant I was joking. I will try and watch what I say to you from now on.

A psychologist would say with the ending statment it was my fault for taking it the wrong way when in fact if it were said to anyone, anybody could have taken it as a rude comment. Not just myself. Im done discussing this. Moveon.org

Guest BlueShoe

I love my colts even if they go 0-16. :foam: :coltslogo:

Hopefully that doesn't happen, but I am with you. ;)

Thankfully we play the Bengals and the Panthers this year.

Everyone needs to just chill and remember the rules.

We're all on edge over the Manning situation. However, it's not an excuse to throw the rules out the window.

NO personal attacks or name calling.

NO masked cursing or trying to get around the word filter.

If you have a problem with the mods... Either report a post or PM one of us to discuss it.

Take your personal arguments to PMs. They have no place on a discussion board.

And keep in mind our primary motto "Don't be a jerk."

We've got some good discussions going...let's not overrun them with playground antics.

Thanks in advance.

My :2c:

Just as there are different kinds of fans, there are also those who approach things with different outlooks. And the OP is correct. As a long as a member is posting within forum rules, they have every right to voice their opinion. I tend to be a realistic optomist. In other words, my Colt's glass is half full right now; but I still hold out every hope that my glass will runneth over.

It is also often hard to express one's self in the written form. That is something I struggle with myself. Often what I want to say may come off sounding very different. In fact, I have often thought about adding this to my sig:

Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.

William Howard Taft

Also, it's sad but true, that in times of adversity the traffic on a forum increases. Perhaps, it's just a case of misery loving company. Last year, the most traffic recorded was after losses, not wins.

As Colt's fans, we are all anxious right now as to what the future will bring. No need to fight among ourselves. Save that for the trolls. I can already smell them coming.

Guest BlueShoe

My :2c:

Just as there are different kinds of fans, there are also those who approach things with different outlooks. And the OP is correct. As a long as a member is posting within forum rules, they have every right to voice their opinion. I tend to be a realistic optomist. In other words, my Colt's glass is half full right now; but I still hold out every hope that my glass will runneth over.

It is also often hard to express one's self in the written form. That is something I struggle with myself. Often what I want to say may come off sounding very different. In fact, I have often thought about adding this to my sig:

Don't write so that you can be understood, write so that you can't be misunderstood.

William Howard Taft

Also, it's sad but true, that in times of adversity the traffic on a forum increases. Perhaps, it's just a case of misery loving company. Last year, the most traffic recorded was after losses, not wins.

As Colt's fans, we are all anxious right now as to what the future will bring. No need to fight among ourselves. Save that for the trolls. I can already smell them coming.

I agree.

I can also smell the trolls coming soon. Good thing we have moderators on this board. The old IndyStar days were brutal in times like these. That 2001 season was pretty tough to deal with and we won 6 games that year. Could be worse this season as far as record is concerned. We need to save our energy for the trolls that are sure to be here soon.

Whenever I give my opinion, I certainly try to discuss it with others. I'm talking about when someone starts a thread by saying, for example "We have the worst O-line in the last 10 years." And then they never explain why they feel that way. It's like they're just trying to start a fight.

Guest BlueShoe

Whenever I give my opinion, I certainly try to discuss it with others. I'm talking about when someone starts a thread by saying, for example "We have the worst O-line in the last 10 years." And then they never explain why they feel that way. It's like they're just trying to start a fight.

Hmm, well I have stated that we have the makings of the best OL that we have had in the past 10 years. I am sure I gave many reasons as to why I believe that though.