Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Donald Brown Be Cut?

shakedownstreet

Colts  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Are they a Top 10 Team in the NFL

It is time to let him go. A fan had a picture on here under the Doland brown thread and its explained him 100% with this picture..He has horrible vision! He IS quick and elusive but he PLAYS as if he is a bruiser and can just run people over. Well he CAN NOT. We have 3 rookie running backs who have an exreme amount of potention and in all diferent ways. Evans is an physically amazing at 6'1 200somethin reminds me of arian foster, he takes big strides only needs one cut and can carry the pile and run over players. Chad Spann has extreme quickness and cutting ability reminds me of Sproles. Delone Carter has rediculous power and amazing speed and quickness for a guy with his build. The colts staff did an amazing job as always of pickin up great Undrafted talent. We have to keep these three rookie running backs they will be great for our team in the future and even for this season!! SPANN CARTER EVANS MUST BE COLTS!!!!!!!

It is time to let him go. A fan had a picture on here under the Doland brown thread and its explained him 100% with this picture..He has horrible vision! He IS quick and elusive but he PLAYS as if he is a bruiser and can just run people over. Well he CAN NOT. We have 3 rookie running backs who have an exreme amount of potention and in all diferent ways. Evans is an physically amazing at 6'1 200somethin reminds me of arian foster, he takes big strides only needs one cut and can carry the pile and run over players. Chad Spann has extreme quickness and cutting ability reminds me of Sproles. Delone Carter has rediculous power and amazing speed and quickness for a guy with his build. The colts staff did an amazing job as always of pickin up great Undrafted talent. We have to keep these three rookie running backs they will be great for our team in the future and even for this season!! SPANN CARTER EVANS MUST BE COLTS!!!!!!!

Either Spann or Evans will more than likely be on the practice squad this year. They will likely have a shot next year when Brown is no longer a Colt. I hope Brown is cut, but I highly doubt it. Because of the limited amount of roster spots, some will be PS material and will get a shot if there is an injury.

He's our first round draft pick. Polian won't eat crow. I swear, if they keep this guy, I'm

going to have a Dustin Hoffman,Rainman, Jeopardy type fit!!! :pullhair:

Please, what do you want him to do? Stand up and hold a presser and say "Yeah I screwed up sorry Colts fans." Even if he did what would be the point? So Polian haters can get on a message board and beat him up for it? Polian isn't concerned about that he's concerned about building a team that can win games which is something he has done very well the whole time he's been here.

No GM "eats crow" they just release the player and try to make the best of the situation they are now in because of the mistake. That's what successful people do in general because sitting around and whinning about the mistake doesn't do anything to make the situation better. The closest I have ever heard a GM to admiting a mistake was Polian last year when he admitted knowing what they know now about Saffold they should have probably taken him. That's all but saying yeah I screwed up and picked the wrong player.

Polian has no problem releasing players if they don't work out. See Ugoh getting cut last year in the pre-season being an example of that. See them releasing Sanders this year when his contract no longer became reasonable. See him dumping Hayden this off-season because he wasn't living up to his contract.

Also sometimes admiting a mistake isn't about cutting a player it's doing other things. If Polian was truly sturburn as you say he is we wouldn't have signed Rhodes at the end of last year. We wouldn't have drafted Carter. We wouldn't have resigned Addai. Those are all signs that clearly the Colts front office was concerned about what they hadn't seen from Brown.

This is insane idk why i even keep posting in threads like this.. brown will not be cut and he will not be demoted. Carter nor evans hasnt even showed they can play against starters. Do ppl know what the colts even run now? its a committee brown had 129 carries addai had 116 making the yardage almost total 1000. Carter was brought in to be a better javarris james meaning short yardage back. Brown is a better receiver quicker and he aint scared to lower his shoulders... This is like the time when ppl were calling for Hart to start over addai lol

This is insane idk why i even keep posting in threads like this.. brown will not be cut and he will not be demoted. Carter nor evans hasnt even showed they can play against starters. Do ppl know what the colts even run now? its a committee brown had 129 carries addai had 116 making the yardage almost total 1000. Carter was brought in to be a better javarris james meaning short yardage back. Brown is a better receiver quicker and he aint scared to lower his shoulders... This is like the time when ppl were calling for Hart to start over addai lol

I disagree with you about Brown being better at receiver unless you are comparing him to Carter or Evans. Addai is one of the best if not the best receiving running back in the NFL.

I disagree with you about Brown being better at receiver unless you are comparing him to Carter or Evans. Addai is one of the best if not the best receiving running back in the NFL.

This link is for ppl who dont think Donald brown is tough, top 5 when it comes to yards after contact.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/24/elusive-rating-2010/

Addai's avg on receiving is 7.7 while browns is 12.1... your link nfl.com... so yea id say he's the better receiver.

Oh and addais name isnt even mentioned on the profootball focus site.

This link is for ppl who dont think Donald brown is tough, top 5 when it comes to yards after contact.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/03/24/elusive-rating-2010/

Addai's avg on receiving is 7.7 while browns is 12.1... your link nfl.com... so yea id say he's the better receiver.

Oh and addais name isnt even mentioned on the profootball focus site.

Okay first of all that's a blog anyone in the world can make a blog. It's pretty much the same as one of us getting on here and stating our opinion. That also has NOTHING to do with pass catching which is what I was talking about.

Again you can find anything in the world that says Brown SHOULD be a good back. Till he produces on the field (for more than one game) it doesn't matter.

Exactly. Brown will not be cut. He is not my favorite and i think he will be here till the Rookies get a year under their belts

Okay first of all that's a blog anyone in the world can make a blog. It's pretty much the same as one of us getting on here and stating our opinion. That also has NOTHING to do with pass catching which is what I was talking about.

Again you can find anything in the world that says Brown SHOULD be a good back. Till he produces on the field (for more than one game) it doesn't matter.

I hate to say it but it might be time to release him. I have watched all pre-season games and he has showed nothing. He is much too streaky of a running back. I agree with the other posters in that the other backs look much more promising than Brown. As for other first round busts that I am sure many have forgot about, how about Trev Alberts. Quentin Coryatt. I will never forget when they drafted Edgerrin James over Ricky Wiliams. I was so steamed at Polian.I have to give him alot of credit on that one and also Dallas Clark pick.

Please, what do you want him to do? Stand up and hold a presser and say "Yeah I screwed up sorry Colts fans." Even if he did what would be the point? So Polian haters can get on a message board and beat him up for it? Polian isn't concerned about that he's concerned about building a team that can win games which is something he has done very well the whole time he's been here.

No GM "eats crow" they just release the player and try to make the best of the situation they are now in because of the mistake. That's what successful people do in general because sitting around and whinning about the mistake doesn't do anything to make the situation better. The closest I have ever heard a GM to admiting a mistake was Polian last year when he admitted knowing what they know now about Saffold they should have probably taken him. That's all but saying yeah I screwed up and picked the wrong player.

Polian has no problem releasing players if they don't work out. See Ugoh getting cut last year in the pre-season being an example of that. See them releasing Sanders this year when his contract no longer became reasonable. See him dumping Hayden this off-season because he wasn't living up to his contract.

Also sometimes admiting a mistake isn't about cutting a player it's doing other things. If Polian was truly sturburn as you say he is we wouldn't have signed Rhodes at the end of last year. We wouldn't have drafted Carter. We wouldn't have resigned Addai. Those are all signs that clearly the Colts front office was concerned about what they hadn't seen from Brown.

I was talking about keeping the players on the team that has performed well and cutting players that haven't, regardless if they are a high draft player or UDFA. Not hold a

presser and state that he made a mistake......you are getting trouted. :trout:

Did you not just see the avg i posted for his receiving?, brown HAS produced on the field WITH the horrible line the colts have id say he has done a pretty darn good job... the very first play carter came in for he lost a yard then the line started making holes, phil sims said it perfectly doesnt matter how big or how fast of a back you have if your line cant block your not gonna get nothing *paraphrasing*. profootball focus is one of the best sites when it comes to evaluation so umm you can take it or leave it, dont matter cause no one here has much of a reason why brown should be cut... if fans actually knew what they were talking about when it comes to backs on the colts forum addai would have never been back cause ppl were giving him a proper bashing earlier in his career.

I voted to cut him. That's what my heart says. My head says Brown will get a roster spot, but demoted to a 3rd stringer.

This wasn't a vote to cut him, it was a vote on whether or not he WILL be cut.

I promise you, he's not getting cut unless he's abysmal this year. That would also have to be in comparison to the other backs. If we're still not getting any run blocking, it really wouldn't be fair to make an assessment of his ability.

I was talking about keeping the players on the team that has performed well and cutting players that haven't, regardless if they are a high draft player or UDFA. Not hold a

presser and state that he made a mistake......you are getting trouted. :trout:

Kinda like how we cut Ugoh and Hayden like I said in my post...

Trout yourself :trout:

I hate to say it but it might be time to release him. I have watched all pre-season games and he has showed nothing. He is much too streaky of a running back. I agree with the other posters in that the other backs look much more promising than Brown. As for other first round busts that I am sure many have forgot about, how about Trev Alberts. Quentin Coryatt. I will never forget when they drafted Edgerrin James over Ricky Wiliams. I was so steamed at Polian.I have to give him alot of credit on that one and also Dallas Clark pick.

lol is this what fans are basing their reasoning on? for such a horrible line the colts had brown has done a pretty good job.

Did you not just see the avg i posted for his receiving?, brown HAS produced on the field WITH the horrible line the colts have id say he has done a pretty darn good job... the very first play carter came in for he lost a yard then the line started making holes, phil sims said it perfectly doesnt matter how big or how fast of a back you have if your line cant block your not gonna get nothing *paraphrasing*. profootball focus is one of the best sites when it comes to evaluation so umm you can take it or leave it, dont matter cause no one here has much of a reason why brown should be cut... if fans actually knew what they were talking about when it comes to backs on the colts forum addai would have never been back cause ppl were giving him a proper bashing earlier in his career.

Yes I read the blog post, and it mentioned Brown one time and that was in a chart about yards after contact which has nothing to do with pass catching.

Brown has proudced in ONE game. Two if you count the Giants game last year which was the second best game of his career. Even then he had all of 69 yards rushing.

Brown had 13 catches last season. Addai had 19 while playing in five less games than Brown. The year before that Addai had 51 passes caught to Brown's 11. Brown is a running back who can catch a pass at times. Other than blocking the best part of Addai's game is pass catching.

I voted yes. Sry, but he hasn't shown enough to me to be worth keeping.

As has often been remarked, running backs are cheap and readily available.

So why would evans or carter have any success running behind the same line brown ran behind. The line is good sometimes but inconsistent, all the plays ive seen brown in the line has done a poor job.. Both carter and evans deserve to be on this team but not more than brown cause the colts know brown can produce.. let both of those backs play against some STARTERS and see how they are.

aBrown doesn't run as hard as carter, evans or james. He waits for a hole and tries to use his speed. I don't know how people can keep making excuses for brown.

Carter and Evans do something that neither Addai or Brown does. They hit guys and the tacklers go backwards. Now I am not saying they should start over Joe or anything like that but it is something they would give our game that we don't have at the moment.

Yes I read the blog post, and it mentioned Brown one time and that was in a chart about yards after contact which has nothing to do with pass catching.

Brown has proudced in ONE game. Two if you count the Giants game last year which was the second best game of his career. Even then he had all of 69 yards rushing.

Brown had 13 catches last season. Addai had 19 while playing in five less games than Brown. The year before that Addai had 51 passes caught to Brown's 11. Brown is a running back who can catch a pass at times. Other than blocking the best part of Addai's game is pass catching.

idk what your calling a good game but brown avg 4.3yds in the giants game 4.2 in the cincinati game mind you the same team in which he played against on thursday, 4.7 in oakland game... thats what i look at thats what makes a back good.

And your stats are wrong brown caught 20 balls for 205yds with addai for 19yds for 124yds.. 2010

In 2009 addai caught 51 catches for 336 yds where as brown had 11 catches for 169yds...

So when its all said and done brown has the better avg

http://titansized.com/2011/06/05/titans-chris-johnson-ranks-low-pt-1-receiving/

thats another link... take it how you want it dude but all this talk about releasing brown is ridiculous.

idk what your calling a good game but brown avg 4.3yds in the giants game 4.2 in the cincinati game mind you the same team in which he played against on thursday, 4.7 in oakland game... thats what i look at thats what makes a back good.

And your stats are wrong brown caught 20 balls for 205yds with addai for 19yds for 124yds.. 2010

In 2009 addai caught 51 catches for 336 yds where as brown had 11 catches for 169yds...

So when its all said and done brown has the better avg

http://titansized.com/2011/06/05/titans-chris-johnson-ranks-low-pt-1-receiving/

thats another link... take it how you want it dude but all this talk about releasing brown is ridiculous.

First of all you are correct, I looked at the wrong line on the stat sheet. It was 20 catches last season. Still one more than Addai had in 5 games more isn't saying much about guy if you are trying to argue he is better at pass catching.

As for the Bengals game he had 50 yards that day, 21 of which came on one carry. Take that one carry out and he had a 2.6 YPC average. Congrats he broke a nice run but the rest of the day was not effective. Samething in the Pats game he had 17 carries for 68 yards for a 4.0 YPC which looks really nice till you realize one of those runs was 36 yards. Once you take that play out his average falls to 2.0 YPC. Again not effective the rest of the day. If he was having great days like he did in the Jags game you should be able to take his longest run out and not have his YPC drop well below 4.0 YPC. In the Jags game he had a 9.2 YPC. You take out the long run of 49 yards and his YPC 6.1 which is a good day regardless. That's being effective. Even in the Giants game when you remove his long of 11 yards his YPC only falls from 4.3 YPC to 3.9. Still a good YPC. That's only two games though. Most of the time when you take out the one run Brown breaks once in a while his YPC plumits as a result. That's called breaking a long run once in a while which all running backs are going to do if you give them the ball enough times.

You can do the same with his season stats. If you take out his long run for the year in 2010 his YPC drops to 3.5 while in 2009 it drops down to 3.0. Addai's for example only drops to 3.9 for last year and it falls to a 3.7. Both of which are much closer to his season averages of 4.3 and 3.8 resepectivaly. Which is a sign of a back who is far less streaky than what you get in Brown. I'd rather have a back who gets you close to four yards every play than one who is going to give you something like 8 carries of 2 yards and then break a 15 yarder.

As for 2009 72 of those yards came on one play. That's the problem he's pure hit or miss. He hasn't to this point brought it every play every week. Again, if Brown was this great back you are talking about why did we sign Rhodes last year? Why did we bench him in the playoffs for Addai and Rhodes? Why did we go out resign Addai and why did we draft Carter? Those aren't moves you make if you think you have a stud in Brown. Heck why is he still the back up if he's this great back you keep saying he is?

Does he get cut? I don't know I think he should be but I don't expect him to be. I fully expect us to give him one more year to try to prove himself. However, if he doesn't produce this year he'll be gone.

This wasn't a vote to cut him, it was a vote on whether or not he WILL be cut.

I promise you, he's not getting cut unless he's abysmal this year. That would also have to be in comparison to the other backs. If we're still not getting any run blocking, it really wouldn't be fair to make an assessment of his ability.

Of course he won't be cut;-) 1st rnd pick in 3rd yr with a healthy contract. Even if he's a backup.

Unless some other RB is cut around the league that is better which would seem doubtful:)