Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FREENEY

OLD FAN MAN

I think he is, but I don't think it's as bad as it may seem. He is without a doubt better at DE, but that doesn't mean that:

a) he can't learn how to play OLB well

b) he is terrible at OLB

Right. Clearly not 100%. The question is, do we have anyone that could be better than he is right now?

The Jets ran the ball down our throats, up the middle. Didn't matter if Freeney was in or not. When the Jets did throw the ball, it was a 3-step drop and short passes, negating any pass rush.

Freeney, even if healthy wouldn't have been a factor. They had a better gameplay and execution.

No way can this team justify bringing him back next year. He just isn't worth it based on how much he is getting paid vs. his onfield contributions thus far this season.

The missed tackle in the backfield on that second quarter running play was pathetic. He has to make that play there.

He's not 100% and i wish the coaching staff would let him heal completely before they play him. I have never understood when they say a guy is not healthy enough to start but, will play. Why play him at all and risk futher injuey if he's not healed completely. if you play him he's not going to be healthy the whole season. Sit him until he's healthy, I know how important he is to this team but, at half speed he's not helping the team anyway.

redding is always hurt, freeney can take his place

So let me get this straight, you think Freeney is out of position playing OLB, which he only plays that position in the 3-4 front. Yet you want to put Freeney at DE in Redding's place, while Redding only plays DE in the 3-4 front. So, you want to put Freeney, who is somewhat undersized as a 4-3 DE, at 3-4 DE?!? The only position that Freeney COULD play in a 3-4 front is OLB. There is no way, zero, that he would be effective as a 3-4 DE. Try to remember that they are only playing the 3-4 front when they're playing the run. When they play the pass, they go back to a 4 man front and Freeney goes back to the DE position. If they were playing Freeney as an OLB in a 4-3 look then I would agree with you, but he's not, so I don't.

No offense, but if you seriously believe this you should have your right to comment on such matters taken away.

lol...I agree with you 100%