Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

what records will luck and wayne be able to challenge?

Stephen

So far Luck is ahead of manning his rookie year as far as passing yards and tds are concerned after 4 games if he keeps up the pace he should destroy mannings rookie passing record with over 4000 yards and may exceed his 26 tds

wayne is also on pace to beat jerry rice receiving yards record but i wonder if he will keep it up

Definitely most of the rookie passing records for Luck.

As for Reggie, most catches in a year isn't out of the question, but I highly doubt he'll get it.

I think Reggie's best shot at breaking a major records comes in the most receiving yards department. Rice had the most with 1848 or 115 a game. Reggie, yes it's still early, is averaging 126 a game.

I bet luck is the first quarterback to ever have 6,000 yards passing this season. Donald Brown Will rush for 2000 easy as well.

I agree. And Vinatieri is going to kick and score at least 300 points worth of field goals, and Allen and Fleener both are going to surpass Gronkowski and Graham as the premier and elite TEs in the league this year.

What, nobody wants to go out on a REAL limb and predict that Pat McAfee breaks Sammy Baugh's 72-year-old record of 51.4 yards per punt in a season?

Better yet, Brown is going to break Ernie Nevers 83 year old record of 40 points in a game by scoring 7 touchdowns against the Patriots.

It seems ridiculous to think that Reggie can keep up his pace. But when you watch this team, it's clear that Luck trusts Reggie completely. And it's obvious that he doesn't trust the other guys in the same way, even his boy Fleener. Unless teams just start lining two corners up against Reggie, with his ability to come across the middle and Luck's single mindedness in throwing to Reggie, it's going to be interesting to see if Reggie can challenge Marvin's 143 catch season. Rice's 1848 yards will be tougher but we'll see.

It seems ridiculous to think that Reggie can keep up his pace. But when you watch this team, it's clear that Luck trusts Reggie completely. And it's obvious that he doesn't trust the other guys in the same way, even his boy Fleener. Unless teams just start lining two corners up against Reggie, with his ability to come across the middle and Luck's single mindedness in throwing to Reggie, it's going to be interesting to see if Reggie can challenge Marvin's 143 catch season. Rice's 1848 yards will be tougher but we'll see.

There's no doubt that Luck has great trust in Reggie. He's already had a 100-yard game and now a 200-yard game. But Avery and Hilton have also had 100-yard games respectively this season. So Luck is able to find other receivers when Reggie is covered.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Nice review here. You put a lot of work into it. I actually enjoyed Ballard not taking a CB after round 2. When Melton went in the mini CB run in round 2 before our pick, I was saying in the chat for Ballard not to take a CB. Sometimes you just miss out on a run. Better not to chase. Mitchell is going to be a lot of fun to watch. Same with Gould. Our O-Line may be the best it's been since Ballard got here from 1-10. We probably have 10 O-Lineman that could make the team and be of at least backup level play.    We got a bunch of my sleepers and guys. Loved Latu, Goncalves, Bortolini, Gould and Simpson. Mitchell wasn't particularly a guy of mine, but that's because I didn't feel I had the proper information to judge whether his character concerns were overblown or not. If Ballard took him, then I figured they were a bit overblown. I thought Mitchell might possibly fall out of the 1st round, but I didn't expect he'd fall to us at 46, much less in a trade down to 52.    Carlies was a nice pick, and even though I'm not really a big fan of Abraham, he did well in college and has starting experience. I just don't like how unathletic he is. Laulu is a nice developmental athlete IMO.   Overall, fun draft. Wish we would have drafted a RB as I don't like our depth, and Hull is too unproven to rely on IMO, but we'll be fine. For the first time since 2018, I have hope in this team as it looks like Ballard is finally growing as a GM.
    • Feel like we could have taken a RB or LB on day 3.   Hopefully our decision to pass up on Braelon Allen (RB) and Jeremiah Trotter Jr (LB) doesn't come back to bite us.
    • I don't know what has come over me....but that right there...oh my goodness....that right there makes me cry tears of joy for that young man.  So emotional!!  Go Colts!!
    • Yeah, I believe tomorrow is that date, but it doesn't matter, because we are not projected to get any comp picks.   Minshew + Moss got wiped out by Davis + Flacco   EDIT: 4:01pm, Monday following draft.
    • As always... I feel the best about Ballard right after the draft. I really do think he's a good drafter. I love a ton of what he does on draft day. I love his feel for the board, I love his trade backs(controversial take, I know), I love that he does have a thing for athleticism and I cannot understand people who dislike that(football is one of the most athleticism-dependent games out there... it's only natural to bet on athletic traits). And now I love that he's starting to diversify his approach a bit by making some exceptions to his rules.    If Ballard fails as a GM it will not be because of his overall draft acumen IMO. It will be the other stuff... 
  • Members

• dw49

dw49 1,333

• Yoshinator

Yoshinator 9,346

• ColtMan

ColtMan 8

• Solid84

Solid84 6,804

• w87r

w87r 14,109

Moderators