Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on Matt Ryan

bap1331

He seems to go to the playoffs every year but cant even seem to get a single win in the playoffs. Its basically a waste of a playoff spot because that team, usually just ends up blowing the Falcons for an easy trip to the AFC Championship every year. I think they should be put on probation for the next 5 years to get another try like USC.

I have a good feeling this year they will make it to the Super Bowl somehow though, if they pass on the 1st byeweek and get a wildcard spot. Wild card teams win Super Bowls.

Wild card teams win Super Bowls.

It wasn't long ago when that statement would have drawn more than a few odd looks. Nowadays though....

I like Ryan - best QB coming out of his class I thought. Its been a good run for him and Atlanta's done a good job with putting weapons around him. Next step is a playoff win, which I believe he will get this year. I think it will be between SF, NYG, and ATL for the 2 bye weeks. Whoever is the odd team out will face the #6 seed. Somebody like Tampa or Dallas maybe?

I can forgive Ryan's 3 losses in the playoffs....first one he was a rookie, then next two were both to the eventual super bowl champs.

if that same thought process was applied to Peyton Manning and the previous Colts era then we may not have went to two SuperBowls because the Colts had several 1 and dones as well as 2 and dones

this is what i was thinking when i started reading the first post on this thread. I like Ryan and the falcons, they seem to be a pretty good team this year and will be probably for a few more years to come

Ryan wont get past the 49ers or Eagles in the NFCCG, and that is as far as the Falcons go, NFCCG, IMO.

I am still not sure I understand the Eagles love.

Then again what do I know. I thought the Saints might be awesome this year. I do think the refs have been jobbing them though but 0-3 is 0-3 and I was wrong on them so far.

I still like the Cowboys and Giants best from the NFC East right now.

Andy- might want to take a look at this site,

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

chargers d is ranked 3rd and Denver's d is 8th put up 27 on both of them and probably could of put up more on chargers if the game was close

Ryan wont get past the 49ers or Eagles in the NFCCG, and that is as far as the Falcons go, NFCCG, IMO.

The Eagles have looked like a complete disaster in all three of their games but were extremely fortunate that the Browns are just plain bad and Flacco imploded big time in the second half. Vick needs to get it together because he is REALLY holding the team back with poor play and turnovers.

The Falcons are playing some outstanding football. Barring any injuries, this just might be their year. It's too early to determine most of the playoff teams, though.

I had a feeling that New Orleans wouldn't do as well as last year, but didn't think that they would go 0-3. All the problems they had off season must have affected them. I think a big part of it is that Brees doesn't have Sean Payton to work with. It's like the team is off kilter; maybe their heart isn't into it. I don't know for sure.