Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dwayne Allen

haseo15

Never targeted

Yeah, Luck was too keyed in on Reggie and Fleener. I understand that those are his safety valves but he still needs to go through his progressions. I saw at least 2 plays where Allen was open, throwing his hands up and Luck just ignored him. He doesn't seem to target Allen much at all, even in preseason.

Yeah, Luck was too keyed in on Reggie and Fleener. I understand that those are his safety valves but he still needs to go through his progressions. I saw at least 2 plays where Allen was open, throwing his hands up and Luck just ignored him. He doesn't seem to target Allen much at all, even in preseason.

It's kind of hard to go through your progressions when the pocket is constantly collapsed and you are nearly sacked every play

Allen didn't get Targeted because Andrew Luck was panicking in the Pocket. We all know Luck is TE happy, but when you're in trouble you're gonna go to your Best Friend (Fleener) or your #1 Target (Wayne). If we can protect him come this Sunday, I'm sure he'll spread the ball to everyone who touches the field for our offense (Excluding O-Lineman of course).

He's the number two blocking TE. How many passes did the Packers #2 TE catch last year?

Hard to make your read when it would result in being maimed...

Click the picture below and you'll see the main reason Allen had to stay back and block all day:

post-2288-0-00910000-1347377872_thumb.jp

That's right..krunk...

we get all self-centered and caught up in out own thing....

but the Bears have 3 perrennial all-pros in Urlacher, Briggs and Peppers...and we're ragging on our boys from only getting 21 points and 350 yards?

Really??

How did he do? I did not get to see a lot of the game yet because of work. Was wondering if he was even targeted or just blocking every time?

I don't know this for a fact, but my hunch is that they kept Allen in as a blocker for most of the game. The line was getting so overwhelmed that they needed help....

So, my guess is Allen did not go out for many passes. Just a guess, but it seems reasonable to me.

How did he do? I did not get to see a lot of the game yet because of work. Was wondering if he was even targeted or just blocking every time?

He wasn't targeted at all not from what i can recall, anytime i seen him on the field most of the time he was adding protection for luck, only other TE that was targeted besides Fleener was Dominique Jones. I think the fact that they used Allen more as an extra blocker and that Luck went to his safety blankets were the reasons Allen didn't get any grabs.

At one point in the game, it was clear that the rush got to his head.

I really do wanna see more of Dwayne though, I think Luck will start going to him more, we just need to give the guy more time.

Also, I understand that the running game was.. not there for the most part. But having a rookie QB throw 45 times against that D(Pass Rush Heavy D)... isn't exactly a good thing either.

At one point in the game, it was clear that the rush got to his head.

I really do wanna see more of Dwayne though, I think Luck will start going to him more, we just need to give the guy more time.

Also, I understand that the running game was.. not there for the most part. But having a rookie QB throw 45 times against that D(Pass Rush Heavy D)... isn't exactly a good thing either.

I am sure it wasn't by design. If they could run more they would.