Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's the story on this NaVorro Bowman dude

manning2dallas

• 2 months later...

We let him pass and opted for Angerer in the 2nd round. He went in the 3rd.

I sometimes really wish we chose him instead of Angerer, but i'm not upset with Angerer either.

Either way, he's a beast. Some were even thinking he could be better than Willis, which he isn't, but darn close.

Edited by Coltssouth
language

Saw this dude absolutely BEASTIN the other day but am not aware of his story? Where did he come from and has anyone else noticed this cat play?

You might be the last person to notice his play ;)

There were a LOT of people who believed that he was the 49ers' best LB last year, even ahead of Patrick Willis. That whole group is just plain scary, though. There might not be another group of LBs in the history of the league that athletic and that individually dominant.

You might be the last person to notice his play ;)

There were a LOT of people who believed that he was the 49ers' best LB last year, even ahead of Patrick Willis. That whole group is just plain scary, though. There might not be another group of LBs in the history of the league that athletic and that individually dominant.

I believe those guys are proof that the LB position is not obsolete in today's NFL. The impact those two players have in the middle is ridiculous. Did you see them LAY OUT offensive linemen while bringing down forte with their free arm??? Who does that?! that is absurd. Those guys cover, hit, wrap up, chase down, shut down. I was amazed last night. How does a guy as athletic and instinctual as Bowman last till the late 3rd??? dont get it.

Now I really wanna draft a LB with our top couple pix....lol

I sometimes really wish we chose him instead of Angerer, but i'm not upset with Angerer either.

Either way, he's a beast. Some were even thinking he could be better than Willis, which he isn't, but damm close.

In all fairness, we weren't the only ones to pass on him. Every team in the league passed on him at least once, even the 49ers.

Either way, he's a beast. Some were even thinking he could be better than Willis, which he isn't, but damm close.

sometimes? i like angerer, but i would dump him like a naggy woman for bowman.

I believe those guys are proof that the LB position is not obsolete in today's NFL. The impact those two players have in the middle is ridiculous. Did you see them LAY OUT offensive linemen while bringing down forte with their free arm??? Who does that?! that is absurd. Those guys cover, hit, wrap up, chase down, shut down. I was amazed last night. How does a guy as athletic and instinctual as Bowman last till the late 3rd??? dont get it.

Now I really wanna draft a LB with our top couple pix....lol

Who ever said that the LB position was becoming obsolete? :scratch:

They're impressive specimens... but it was the Bears offensive line. Cutler makes that group look about 10 times better than they actually are and they still look pretty bad even when he's under center.

The college game is very different from the NFL, it's never easy to project how a guy will do at the next level. There's only so much you can learn about any one player even through a fairly rigorous evaluation process.

Who ever said that the LB position was becoming obsolete? :scratch:

They're impressive specimens... but it was the Bears offensive line. Cutler makes that group look about 10 times better than they actually are and they still look pretty bad even when he's under center.

The college game is very different from the NFL, it's never easy to project how a guy will do at the next level. There's only so much you can learn about any one player even through a fairly rigorous evaluation process.

i hear a lot of people sayin' that LBs are obsolete and not worthy of 1st round selections since it is a passing league....which i dont buy for a hot second

i hear a lot of people sayin' that LBs are obsolete and not worthy of 1st round selections since it is a passing league....which i dont buy for a hot second

There are a lot of different approaches to team building. Some teams don't place a lot of emphasis on drafting LBs but a lot of teams still do and LBs still play a critical role in a passing league (especially for 3-4 teams). Really, they're probably the best pure athletes in the NFL and it behooves most teams to make use of them in a wide variety of ways.

Basically, whoever said that is full of it.

I was infuritated when we passed on him. I watched him play at Linebacker U (PSU) next to Sean Lee and these guys kept PSU in most of their games with an inept offense. I'm not mad with Angryman either, but I felt like we should have pulled some kind of trade to get both. Man, that would have been nice.