Why i bash Freeney.

bahhummbug

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not certain that any of those players makes the team a better team.

It might provide more depth, but that might be the limit to that. There aren't many if any game changers on your beloved list.

//lol link better mcglynn in your words link and mcglynn is better and Aubrayo no good pat no good lol in your words

How would cutting him help us in FA next year? And what question do you keep saying we haven't answered? It's all in one big wall of text, with no spaces or punctuation.

14 million to spend more on a an oline? and would our team be better with olinemen i mentioned or nt or cb then we are now seriously

you said it would not improve the team?so your saying link and mcglynn is better than carl nicks ben grubbs pat williams aubrayo

No, this is what I said.

I'm not certain that any of those players makes the team a better team.

It might provide more depth, but that might be the limit to that. There aren't many if any game changers on your beloved list.

Iam saying hes not worth 19 million dollars

So, are you saying he should volunteer for a pay cut? We haven't seen him play for real this year, but still, it's managements decision to go ahead with the pay structure.

Your not happy with how that salary affects the team structure. We get that. It's not rocket science. But to be upset with Freeney about it is senseless IMHO.

Maybe I don't understand your dialect of English(it seems i'm not the only one), but I would love to see where I said any of that.

can you read your reply now they would only be depth to them lol and i use cap links for all answers and still talk alot to undecided frog

So, are you saying he should volunteer for a pay cut? We haven't seen him play for real this year, but still, it's managements decision to go ahead with the pay structure.

Your not happy with how that salary affects the team structure. We get that. It's not rocket science. But to be upset with Freeney about it is senseless IMHO.

no cut him

No, I'm literally asking, what are the long term benefits of cutting him?

we dont need a project at his age as OLB draft a OLB FA a vet til rookie is up to speed and not gamble away a whole season on maybe he can.Because noone can answer he can for sure and at 14 million roll it over on a OLB

can you read your reply now they would only be depth to them lol and i use cap links for all answers and still talk alot to undecided frog

Well doesn't that make you special.

Are some of those better straight up? Sure. But at what cost?

Oline.

Ben Grubbs, 2,700,000 signed 5 year 36 million contract 10 million SB

Evan Mathis,,2,000,000 signed 5 year 25 million contract 5 million SB

Jared Gaither, 3,000,000 signed 4 year 24.6 million contract 8 million SB

Carl Nicks, 12,500,000 cap hit. Signed 5 year 47.5 million contract 31 million guaranteed

Demetrius Bell.3,250,000 cap hit, signed 5 year 34.5 contract

CBs

Carlos Rogers 5,500,000 cap hit signed 4 year 29.300 contract 5 million SB

C. Finnegan, 6,000,000 cap hit signed 5 year 50 million contract 5 million SB 27 million guaranteed

Brandon Carr . 3,200,000 cap hit 5 year 50.1 million contract 10 million sb 25.5 million guaranteed

DTs

Brandon Mebane, 4,200,000 cap hit 5 year 25 million

Aubrayo Franklin, 1 year 890k contract

Pat Wiliams Free agent. 73 years old but he is a free agent.

The majority of those guys were signed to contracts I wouldn't dare offer them, so it is hard to say whether they would accept lesser deals or not.

Well doesn't that make you special.

Are some of those better straight up? Sure. But at what cost?

The majority of those guys were signed to contracts I wouldn't dare offer them, so it is hard to say whether they would accept lesser deals or not.

What i said and been saying could we have a better team now without his 14 million really easy to answer saying grubbs is no upgrade is insaneBy signing people we could of signed and are upgrades not depth simple answer would our team be better?yes

We had 35 million in dead money we payed players not to play.Then we keep Freeney for near another 20 mill.With the 14 million we could of spent months ago we could of put together a much more competitive team.People we passed on to keep Freeney upgrades over Oline.Ben Grubbs, Evan Mathis,,Jared Gaither,Carl Nicks,Demetrius Bell.CBs Carlos Rogers C. Finnegan, Brandon Carr .DTs Brandon Mebane,Aubrayo Franklin,Pat Wiliams Now anyone who can say these are not upgrades and starters plz give your real reason as to why 1 person fits on a gamble than 3 of these or more?Add the above OGs to our line and Aubrayo would you feel better about our team?1 man army fails for this reasoning if you cannot see what ive been saying for months in black and white i do not get your reasoning.Start Hughes or Addison and the players i mentioned?Then tell me what you think our record would be.

You title the thread "Why I bash Freeney," then in your original post you go on to bash the Colts management NOT Freeney. Yeah, I agree with you, the contract structure probably hurt the Colts and they probably could have used some extra money to spend on free agents, but at this point its a moot point. Freeney is owed his money, and if we cut him, we would still have to owe it to him (as far as I know).

Also...please, please, please use more understandable grammar. Your lack of punctuation and run on sentences make trying to understand the information you are trying to convey much more difficult. Everyone can make mistakes, and if this is due to extenuating circumstances, I apologize.

What i said and been saying could we have a better team now without his 14 million really easy to answer saying grubbs is no upgrade is insaneBy signing people we could of signed and are upgrades not depth simple answer would our team be better?yes

Maybe.

Maybe not.

You won't like the answer but that is what the answer is.

Your believe it would be.

I'm not so sure..

You title the thread "Why I bash Freeney," then in your original post you go on to bash the Colts management NOT Freeney. Yeah, I agree with you, the contract structure probably hurt the Colts and they probably could have used some extra money to spend on free agents, but at this point its a moot point. Freeney is owed his money, and if we cut him, we would still have to owe it to him (as far as I know).

Also...please, please, please use more understandable grammar. Your lack of punctuation and run on sentences make trying to understand the information you are trying to convey much more difficult. Everyone can make mistakes, and if this is due to extenuating circumstances, I apologize.

no we wouldnt owe him anymore not a penny

Free agents have to agree to come here too. Just because they were available doesn't mean they would come here. A few months ago we weren't a very attractive destination to people on the outside.

lol money talks lol hmm colts pay you 4 million another team 2 you take the 2 of course

really thats your reply?

Reading your posts makes my head hurt. You have little to no grasp on the English language, let alone Grammar. I can't decide if you just type everything as you think it, or just don't understand where to cut off a sentence with a period or comma.

Back to your random posts though... Freeney is here for another year at least, so just deal with it. If he flops this season, then he flops. Nothing we can do about it. If Freeney records 20+ sacks this season, then great. He'll probably be gone after this season is over with anyway, so you may as well quit complaining that we didn't sign player X or player Y instead. It isn't proven that we would of gained a better player, or wasted our money signing any of those who you mentioned.

We had 35 million in dead money we payed players not to play.Then we keep Freeney for near another 20 mill.With the 14 million we could of spent months ago we could of put together a much more competitive team.People we passed on to keep Freeney upgrades over Oline.Ben Grubbs, Evan Mathis,,Jared Gaither,Carl Nicks,Demetrius Bell.CBs Carlos Rogers C. Finnegan, Brandon Carr .DTs Brandon Mebane,Aubrayo Franklin,Pat Wiliams Now anyone who can say these are not upgrades and starters plz give your real reason as to why 1 person fits on a gamble than 3 of these or more?Add the above OGs to our line and Aubrayo would you feel better about our team?1 man army fails for this reasoning if you cannot see what ive been saying for months in black and white i do not get your reasoning.Start Hughes or Addison and the players i mentioned?Then tell me what you think our record would be.

The premise of this post betrays a lack of understanding of how NFL free agency works. You're not buying appliances at the electronics store. Having Nicks or Grubbs would be nice, but both were overpaid due to the nature of free agency. On top of that, all of the players you list had multiple suitors, so having cap space doesn't guarantee you land the players you want.

You keep talking about a one man army, but no one suggests that Freeney is single-handedly making the team better. However, he is still one of the best players on the team. And it's absolutely laughable that you're suggesting handing his spot to either a player that was one foot out the door, or an undrafted free agent in his second year, neither of which has done anything in the NFL so far. After both have had a good preseason, now we're saying that we should have just given them Freeney's spot in order to have more room in free agency? No sir, that dog don't hunt.

Another thing, we're set to have a ton of cap space next season. Rolling over even more wouldn't hurt, but it wouldn't make that much of a difference. You can't stack heavy amounts of base salary in the first year of a contract, and you still need to consider total cash outlay from bonuses. Forty million in one season is already enough to make several major acquisitions.

None of you know if freeney will fit this defense or not, not one. The guy could turn out to be great or the opposite, i think he will have a good season but his age says differently.

Im sure if freeney has a great season same ppl bashing him will be the same ppl who arent saying anything.

And for god sakes pat williams is 39 :facepalm: