Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why i bash Freeney.

bahhummbug

lol good 1 but still wont help the team unless Freeney gets 21 sacks 5 ints and 5 pd and 45 tckls

This is your most ridiculous post yet, and that's saying something. Freeney could do half of that and help the team.

Did he steal your girlfriend or something? Did he shoot your dog? Did he forget to water your plants while you were out of town? Seriously, the level of dislike you have for him is comical. Even your friend the Frog didn't dislike Manning this much.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is your most ridiculous post yet, and that's saying something. Freeney could do half of that and help the team.

Did he steal your girlfriend or something? Did he shoot your dog? Did he forget to water your plants while you were out of town? Seriously, the level of dislike you have for him is comical. Even your friend the Frog didn't dislike Manning this much.

I don't know about that..

I'm not sold on how Freeney will play in this defense this year. I know in the past that he's been horrible at maintaining any sort of containment edge to stop the run. I can't tell you how many times a team would just let him fly into the backfield and then run a draw or toss a screen to the area that he just vacated. Was that his fault? Maybe yes, maybe no. He was doing what his role in that previous defense asked of him to do. He will have to break some old habits, and show some more discipline this year, IMO, if he is going to help this defense out.

All that being said, he is still a member of this team. I hope that he has a season like no other and proves anybody that has a doubt about him that he can still get it done at a high level in this league (at a different position no less). Being upset about his contract (as said earlier) is a moot point. What is done is done. Time to deal with it, move on, and hope that the people who get paid the big bucks to make the important decisions are making the right ones.

As far as the OP, who is to say that one person that has a certain amount of success with one team will replicate that with another? Somebody that thrives in a particular system might not thrive once joining another. Other than adding depth like FJC said, I'm not sold that adding more new faces to the mix makes your team any better. Regardless of how many players you would like to get with the money you are paying Freeney, you can still only have 53 men on the roster.

That every position everyone is complaining about shouldve been fielded i asked what and where we could be with above mentioned players instead of 1 man you all think is an army? read OP

If we had all of those players you mentioned it doesn't guarantee we will go anywhere. I noticed you did not mention any pass rushers in your list and regardless of what we saw in the pre-season, Addison and Hughes are unproven at best. If there is a decision to be made about his salary we need to make that at the end of the season and not this season when we have so many unknowns. Do you realize you named a bunch of players who have never even sniffed a Super Bowl? In light of that fact it says we wouldn't have much more shot of getting one either. I didn't see anyone on that list of players you mentioned that are potential hall of famers and many of them were not even pro bowlers at that to be compared in the same breath with Freeney. We justify his salary because great players don't come in bunches at his position and everyone knows D Free can still ball. If this were Revis or some other guy we probably wouldn't even see you making a post about this. If you want justification for past years I think everyone on this forum knows D Free was easily one of our best if not the best player on our defense.

Pass rushers come at a premium on any team and when you have ones that are still productive i.e. Mathis and Freeney you find a way to keep them even if it's for nothing but one season. If you have a gripe you need to make that with the Colts management and not Freeney who is still productive. Let the season play out before you say the guy can't play in a 3-4! Sure I've noticed some things but the coaching staff has not even revealed entirely all the different ways they will be utilizing him for me to even say with full confidence he doesn't fit the scheme.

You want to dump one player with a name in order to go out and get other players with names. Everyone knows NAMES cost money. How many names do you plan on getting with 15 million? Maybe 3 at the most and you can count on 1 to 2 of those guys not panning out. The one name we got in Vontae Davis, we certainly could not have gotten Finnegan or Rogers for what we are paying Davis and he is better than Finnegan and Rogers. I think between Gordy, Vaughn, and King we have decent depth, and Powers is a solid number 2 corner back. We are maybe 1 to 2 more players away from having a fairly decent defense, and as we can see from today the coaches are still shaping the roster so who knows what will happen before the 1st game.

I caught the unabridged version...

But the equivalent would be saying that Manning could throw for 46 touchdowns, 4800 yards, and wouldn't help the team. Maybe it's just a heightened level of delusion.

Yeah, I decided not to expand on that. I don't know as much about bahumbug as the other. He might be an unhappy COLTS fan unhappy with the decision as opposed to having a specific agenda.

As you and I have batted this topic around before. It's not a perfect situation by any means, but the last person that should receive any venom or bashing for it is Dwight Freeney.

The random reader here might get 20 bucks a week for an allowance from his/her parents.. Are they going to give half of that way?

The random reader might make minimum wage. Are they supposed to work on 8-10k a year.

The random reader here might pull down 6 figures.. Are they supposed to work for 50-75k?

I just don't see how Dwight can be "bashed" for any of this.

What i said and been saying could we have a better team now without his 14 million really easy to answer saying grubbs is no upgrade is insaneBy signing people we could of signed and are upgrades not depth simple answer would our team be better?yes

I am reminded of a discussion between a person who was mad at God over how the universe was being run and a famous bible scholar. The bible scholar said, "Well, it's God's universe, if you don't like it, make your own."

Well, it Jim Irsay's team, if you don't like the way he runs it, buy your own.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, September 3, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Superman, September 3, 2012 - personal shot

wow a mod calling someone ridiculous you putting me down? i lmao at you for him to receive the money he needs to out perform anyone else at his * by 2 factor to be = value really a mod lmao go put your mom down shes heavy

We had 35 million in dead money we payed players not to play.Then we keep Freeney for near another 20 mill.With the 14 million we could of spent months ago we could of put together a much more competitive team.People we passed on to keep Freeney upgrades over Oline.Ben Grubbs, Evan Mathis,,Jared Gaither,Carl Nicks,Demetrius Bell.CBs Carlos Rogers C. Finnegan, Brandon Carr .DTs Brandon Mebane,Aubrayo Franklin,Pat Wiliams Now anyone who can say these are not upgrades and starters plz give your real reason as to why 1 person fits on a gamble than 3 of these or more?Add the above OGs to our line and Aubrayo would you feel better about our team?1 man army fails for this reasoning if you cannot see what ive been saying for months in black and white i do not get your reasoning.Start Hughes or Addison and the players i mentioned?Then tell me what you think our record would be.

So who's to gurantee that because we picked up these players our O line would be great and our D line would be great or have no problems. The unit we have now has not done all that bad If you really look at it. You just have to remeber thier still getting thier timing, communication and chemistry down. Its not gonna come over night. You should look at giving who we have a little more of chance. And also at the same time who says or where is it proven already that Freeny is not gonna produce this season??? What just becuase he has not done a whole lot in pre season he's assumed a failure? Remeber he is still learning this defense and getting adjusted!!!! How about giving him some time and then making a judment. I think somone needs to look at the actuall situations a little closer and consider the changes and adjustment these players are going through IE the O line and Freeny. Your basically making judments off very very insufficient evidence. Plus Freeny has been a proven player and pro bowler on this team for years and the team recognizes he's going through a change and adjustment, so thier giving him the proper chance and time to adjust. And he has DEFINATLEY earned that by what he has done with this Franchise!!! This is just gonna require some PATIENCE on our part. Now they may not work out and when that proper assesment is made then we can act accordingly but to start making these calls and judments now is not accurate and really not fair.

I caught the unabridged version...

But the equivalent would be saying that Manning could throw for 46 touchdowns, 4800 yards, and wouldn't help the team. Maybe it's just a heightened level of delusion.

again your the 1 saying hes worth 14million or boot him from team to be worth that much produce that much? a mod lol seriously of what

again your the 1 saying hes worth 14million or boot him from team to be worth that much produce that much? a mod lol seriously of what

I didn't say he's worth $14 million. You are the one -- not I -- who said that he would have to have a record breaking season in order to help the team. I disagree.

As for your comments about moderation, you'd be well served to hold them back from now on.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 4, 2012 - calling out mods
Hidden by Nadine, September 4, 2012 - calling out mods

I didn't say he's worth $14 million. You are the one -- not I -- who said that he would have to have a record breaking season in order to help the team. I disagree.

As for your comments about moderation, you'd be well served to hold them back from now on.

woh woh mod your not going to throw at me and me not throw back should i get suzieq? or a real mod? now you threaten me cmon dont be childish

I'm not sold on how Freeney will play in this defense this year. I know in the past that he's been horrible at maintaining any sort of containment edge to stop the run. I can't tell you how many times a team would just let him fly into the backfield and then run a draw or toss a screen to the area that he just vacated. Was that his fault? Maybe yes, maybe no. He was doing what his role in that previous defense asked of him to do. He will have to break some old habits, and show some more discipline this year, IMO, if he is going to help this defense out.

All that being said, he is still a member of this team. I hope that he has a season like no other and proves anybody that has a doubt about him that he can still get it done at a high level in this league (at a different position no less). Being upset about his contract (as said earlier) is a moot point. What is done is done. Time to deal with it, move on, and hope that the people who get paid the big bucks to make the important decisions are making the right ones.

As far as the OP, who is to say that one person that has a certain amount of success with one team will replicate that with another? Somebody that thrives in a particular system might not thrive once joining another. Other than adding depth like FJC said, I'm not sold that adding more new faces to the mix makes your team any better. Regardless of how many players you would like to get with the money you are paying Freeney, you can still only have 53 men on the roster.

so mcglynn olsen and link are the best in the fields or they couldnt help team ? if their better they help

woh woh mod your not going to throw at me and me not throw back should i get suzieq? or a real mod? now you threaten me cmon dont be childish

There's no threat. When your posts are ill-informed or even annoying, that's not against the rules. Discussing moderation on the board is. Whether you think I'm a "real mod" or not doesn't matter. If you want to discuss moderation, then PM a mod and have it out. If you continue to do this on the board, in violation of the rules, there's going to be a problem. Take that under advisement.

so mcglynn olsen and link are the best in the fields or they couldnt help team ? if their better they help

Never said that they were the best at their position, but just because another guy is better IYO on a different offense doesn't mean that he's going to be better in this offense. Some guys are great blockers for a pass happy team, some are great for opening holes for a run happy team, and some are just good all around. But you can't take player X that is used to playing in system Y and put him in new system Z and expect him to be just as good if not better. The only way that might be the case is if system Y = system Z, and then you still have a lot of variables around them like all the other players.

We had 35 million in dead money we payed players not to play.Then we keep Freeney for near another 20 mill.With the 14 million we could of spent months ago we could of put together a much more competitive team.People we passed on to keep Freeney upgrades over Oline.Ben Grubbs, Evan Mathis,,Jared Gaither,Carl Nicks,Demetrius Bell.CBs Carlos Rogers C. Finnegan, Brandon Carr .DTs Brandon Mebane,Aubrayo Franklin,Pat Wiliams Now anyone who can say these are not upgrades and starters plz give your real reason as to why 1 person fits on a gamble than 3 of these or more?Add the above OGs to our line and Aubrayo would you feel better about our team?1 man army fails for this reasoning if you cannot see what ive been saying for months in black and white i do not get your reasoning.Start Hughes or Addison and the players i mentioned?Then tell me what you think our record would be.

What is the purpose of this thread? Do I agree that we should have gotten rid of Freeney? Actually no, not yet. I feel like your original intention was to incite reaction. You keep saying "Know what can answer my original question" which in my opinion your original post was very unclear on what you talking about.

WOW! I drove 2 hours....58 responses. I am not gonna bash D Free....until he shows he cannot play at 100% of Dwight Freeney.

If/when he plays poorly in this aggressive new system.....we can all bash! I am all for 93 putting forward his best effort. It may be a blessing we have him with McKinney down. We will be seeing a lot of 3-4 4-3 combos.....we were going to anyway to utilize 2 of the best pass rushers in the history of the NFL.....anybody with me rooting on this defense????? :coltslogo: ....and for this thread I will root even more for Dwight Freeney to succeed!!!!!

And another thing, you're a master of deflection. You spent a dozen posts asking why no one would address your questions in the original post, and now that we have, you want to talk about moderation.

If you want to have a mature and intelligent debate about Freeney, let's do it. But you're going to need more than one-liners about tater tots and complaints about the big, bad moderator picking on you.

i just read 3 pages of post on a thread titled "why I bash Freeney" and there isnt any bashing of freeney. just about how Polian constructed his contract and now somebody is mad that he takes up $14mil of the cap. im wondering when is the bashing of freeney going to start. because his presence on the field speaks for itself

And another thing, you're a master of deflection. You spent a dozen posts asking why no one would address your questions in the original post, and now that we have, you want to talk about moderation.

If you want to have a mature and intelligent debate about Freeney, let's do it. But you're going to need more than one-liners about tater tots and complaints about the big, bad moderator picking on you.

Superman whips Lex Luther!!!!!

I am one of the few who agrees with you. Freeney should have been released and that cash used to beef up the O line and D line. If Irsay and Grigson both are looking at this season as a rebuilding season then keeping Freeney under his contract is not a big deal. But then they make moves to make the team more competitive to try to win now but they keep Freeney so I'm confused now.

Freeney is one of my favorite players but my concern is about him really being a difference make in this new defense. Since Freeney is still here, I hope he suprises me and makes me eat a lot of crow.

Part of me believes that keeping Freeney was an attempt to keep the fans happy since Manning was let go.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 4, 2012 - calling out mods
Hidden by Nadine, September 4, 2012 - calling out mods

lol the mod ? are you mentioning mods didnt yousay its against the rules lol and your not scary or bad lol

Another one of his jokes seem to fit perfectly too.

You got that right....I am actually glad I was driving home...I knew where this was going when we started responding.........I took a shower up north and there were 50+....I got home and 58 more.

When someone says LOL before every remark you know they are nervous that they are about to be HAMMMERED.....good job folks....No Christmas this year for that greazer....Ebineezer! :)

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, September 3, 2012 - taunting
Hidden by Coltssouth, September 3, 2012 - taunting

You got that right....I am actually glad I was driving home...I knew where this was going when we started responding.........I took a shower up north and ther were 50+....I got home and 58 more.

When someone says LOL before every remark you know they are nervous that they are about to be HAMMMERED.....good job folks....No Christmas this year for that greazer....Ebineezer! :)

WOW...more LOLs........................................................ where are the ducks on the pond, funky duck?
Posted · Hidden by Nadine, September 4, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, September 4, 2012 - personal argument

dont know silly will brent but meet me someday and findout what i wear :)

If it looks like a threat.....reads like a threat.....I guess it is callled a personal threat...I cannot respond.....:) Bye Ebineezer. I is skeered.

You got that right....I am actually glad I was driving home...I knew where this was going when we started responding.........I took a shower up north and ther were 50+....I got home and 58 more.

I can honestly say that the only time i have typed those three letters together would be in the use of a word like lollygagers or philology or something to that effect.... Fairly proud of that too :)