Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hey, Commish, Where You AT !

BIGugly

Goodell isn't a referee, and I doubt he is going to waste time going through every single preseason game looking for illegal or questionable hits, unless they are blatant.

They were blatant. One resulted in a concussion, the other knocked the guy out for an instant. Polian would have the tapes on the way. Where is Grigson?????

They were blatant. One resulted in a concussion, the other knocked the guy out for an instant. Polian would have the tapes on the way. Where is Grigson?????

blatant: done openly and unashamedly. Unless the defensive players in question were going in for the kill, intending to hurt and knowing full well what they were doing, it is not a problem. Just because the players were injured doesn't mean the hits were blatant, otherwise we'd see a lot of those around the league this preseason.

blatant: done openly and unashamedly. Unless the defensive players in question were going in for the kill, intending to hurt and knowing full well what they were doing, it is not a problem. Just because the players were injured doesn't mean the hits were blatant, otherwise we'd see a lot of those around the league this preseason.

Both hits were done with the intention of punishing, not stopping, the player they hit. Not sure what definition that falls unders, but they were CHEAP shots and do not belong in the sport....

Both hits were done with the intention of punishing, not stopping, the player they hit. Not sure what definition that falls unders, but they were CHEAP shots and do not belong in the sport....

That's every defensive player...ask Ray Lewis, he wants to punish the runningback after a gain of 12...just trying to "stop" someone results in missed tackles, risk of injury to yourself, and perhaps being labeled as "soft" by your peers, none of which are things a defensive player wants.

That would be a good idea. Have a crew of 15-20 people on a safety committee who review every game and keep track of dangerous hits, etc.

I've heard that's whats already in place. I forget if they said they are at the game or sitting behind a TV somewhere. They don't dish out penalties on the field but are in place to note what they see as dirty plays for further review to see if fines or suspensions should be issued.

That's every defensive player...ask Ray Lewis, he wants to punish the runningback after a gain of 12...just trying to "stop" someone results in missed tackles, risk of injury to yourself, and perhaps being labeled as "soft" by your peers, none of which are things a defensive player wants.

Really? Freeney or Mathis NEVER laid on a cheap shot. Ray Lewis is CHEAP SHOT PUNK, and I will tell him to his face.

I'll have to be very drunk, and may not live through it, but I will do it......

How do you grigson didn't?

Lack of news from Goodell's office or Grigson's office.

All I know is what I read in the papers, and on line, and in forums, and hearsay, and suppositions, and rumors, and on and on and on......

But it is obvious neither of them has done enough since there is no fine or supspension for either player.....

Well, we have seen Foote (sp) deliver a cheap shot to the head of Collie

We have seen Ioloka (sp) deliver a cheap shot to the head of Adams

Where you at, Goodell? Thought your number one concern was safety of the players...

LIAR ! ! !

maybe the players can stop trying to injure each other....?? Learn to tackle??

you may be blaming the police because the criminals commit crimes

Pretty much does. Fines and suspensions are NEWS items....

That doesn't means that Grigson didn't send tapes to the league. It just means the league doesn't feel there should be a fine. In fact on the last one Goodell probably hasn't had time to review yet as it happened last night. Most fines in the NFL come out a couple of days later not the very next day. It could also be that Grigson who probably knows the rules better than any of us here looked at the hits and realized they aren't fine worthy. It could be Grigson sent them in and Goodell's person who hands out those fines didn't give one. Like I said the last one probably hasn't been reviewed yet and since today is final cut down day it could very well be Grigson is too busy making cuts and going over the wavier to review the tape and send it in yet. So no just because there was not a fine doesn't automatically mean that Grigson didn't send tapes into the league office to be reviewed.

maybe the players can stop trying to injure each other....?? Learn to tackle??

you may be blaming the police because the criminals commit crimes

no,no,no . You are absolutely correct.

But they do no police themselvs very well because their salaries are at stake sometimes.

That doesn't means that Grigson didn't send tapes to the league. It just means the league doesn't feel there should be a fine. In fact on the last one Goodell probably hasn't had time to review yet as it happened last night. Most fines in the NFL come out a couple of days later not the very next day. It could also be that Grigson who probably knows the rules better than any of us here looked at the hits and realized they aren't fine worthy. It could be Grigson sent them in and Goodell's person who hands out those fines didn't give one. Like I said the last one probably hasn't been reviewed yet and since today is final cut down day it could very well be Grigson is too busy making cuts and going over the wavier to review the tape and send it in yet. So no just because there was not a fine doesn't automatically mean that Grigson didn't send tapes into the league office to be reviewed.

Well of course....any one knows that. But there has been no news on a news worthy item. Crapitz and Chappell would be all over it.

C'mon. Really not necessary to overstate the obvious.

Well of course....any one knows that. But there has been no news on a news worthy item. Crapitz and Chappell would be all over it.

C'mon. Really not necessary to overstate the obvious.

Not always Generally speaking the only time you found out Polian sent video to the league was when he would talk about it on his show normally when someone asked. Even then he said several times after every game most teams would send in between 5 to 10 plays for the league to look at for various reasons. Teams sending video to the league to be reviewed is not news. There is no reason to think that just because Grigson hasn't publically said that they did that he didn't do it. Most of the time they don't say anything is that if he makes a big deal out of it and the league does nothing it makes the league look bad and do you really think that is going to help Grigson out down the road? This stuff is normally done in private for a reason.

Also those writers you listed have also probably been busy covering cut downs as well. That alone is enough to keep your hands full and like I said before with the hit last night Grigson may not have had time to send tape to the league yet because he's been busy dealing with finals cuts and the wavier wire. It's not like he's been sitting over there twiddling his thumbs today.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 31, 2012 - rude/personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, August 31, 2012 - rude/personal shot

Well, we have seen Foote (sp) deliver a cheap shot to the head of Collie

We have seen Ioloka (sp) deliver a cheap shot to the head of Adams

Where you at, Goodell? Thought your number one concern was safety of the players...

LIAR ! ! !

google is a wonderful way to check your spelling before you post. I use it all the time!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, August 31, 2012 - rude/personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, August 31, 2012 - rude/personal shot

Not always Generally speaking the only time you found out Polian sent video to the league was when he would talk about it on his show normally when someone asked. Even then he said several times after every game most teams would send in between 5 to 10 plays for the league to look at for various reasons. Teams sending video to the league to be reviewed is not news. There is no reason to think that just because Grigson hasn't publically said that they did that he didn't do it. .

They did not DO anything about it. What ARE you, 10? You went from Goodell to Grigson to OVER stating what we all know...

The whole point is that NOTHING happened, for WHATEVER reason...

I know, you're a girl, right?

They did not DO anything about it. What ARE you, 10? You went from Goodell to Grigson to OVER stating what we all know...

The whole point is that NOTHING happened, for WHATEVER reason...

I know, you're a girl, right?

Wow name calling and you are calling me 10 and girl? First of all I am male and I really don't think the females members here are going to like you calling people you don't happen to agree with their point on female.

As for the point it's self let's review I took exception to you saying Grigson didn't send tape to the league office which you've yet to know for a fact that he didn't. I gave you several reasons for how Grigson could have sent tape to the league office and several different out comes that could have come from that. As for the last hit I gave you a reason may not have sent tape yet.

Look the hit on Collie was anything but a sure fine. They were even questioning on the broadcast if it was worth a flag. So for all we know Grigson may have looked at it and decided that there wasn't going to be a fine for it. Heck for all we know they did have the league look at it and the league is the one who said they didn't. Whatever happened, just because Girgson didn't make it public knowledge what they did doesn't mean they just ignored it. You have no way of knowing that.

As for the second hit who know what is going on. Frankly like I said before since today is final cut down day I really doubt Girgson has had time to deal with sending tape to the league office for review yet. Even if he has the league office generally doesn't rule on fines the very next day. So the assumption that Grigson and league office has just ignored that one is premature at best.

no,no,no . You are absolutely correct.

But they do no police themselvs very well because their salaries are at stake sometimes.

That's very true..

I just feel its somehwat hypocritical when the NFLPA protests fines and suspensions that union members get for attempts to injure brother union members..

..the union should be cracking down on head hunters harder than Goddell

Wow name calling and you are calling me 10 and girl? First of all I am male and I really don't think the females members here are going to like you calling people you don't happen to agree with their point on female.

As for the point it's self let's review I took exception to you saying Grigson didn't send tape to the league office which you've yet to know for a fact that he didn't. I gave you several reasons for how Grigson could have sent tape to the league office and several different out comes that could have come from that. As for the last hit I gave you a reason may not have sent tape yet.

Look the hit on Collie was anything but a sure fine. They were even questioning on the broadcast if it was worth a flag. So for all we know Grigson may have looked at it and decided that there wasn't going to be a fine for it. Heck for all we know they did have the league look at it and the league is the one who said they didn't. Whatever happened, just because Girgson didn't make it public knowledge what they did doesn't mean they just ignored it. You have no way of knowing that.

As for the second hit who know what is going on. Frankly like I said before since today is final cut down day I really doubt Girgson has had time to deal with sending tape to the league office for review yet. Even if he has the league office generally doesn't rule on fines the very next day. So the assumption that Grigson and league office has just ignored that one is premature at best.

Ok, you're not 10...

That's very true..

I just feel its somehwat hypocritical when the NFLPA protests fines and suspensions that union members get for attempts to injure brother union members..

..the union should be cracking down on head hunters harder than Goddell

Now THIS is an interesting idea. S'pose they could be equal partners in the observation group at each game. Have a ref, a union rep, and an asst coach all together in the same booth...

Nawww, that prolly wouldn't work out.

I jest about what you say, but you are correct. They need to poice themselves in some fashion. Right now all they have is "pay backs", which just accelerate things...