Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taking Care Of Our Divison

chad hugo

should be the first priority am i right? i know it won't be easy but lets take a look...

-jags now have a rookie QB with no experience + terrible defence, a coach who I'm guessing is being cornered by his own team BUT they do have MJD who always seems to have big games against us

-titans do have a solid veteran QB in hasselbeck but he is certainly not one to put fear in the hearts of opposing defenses, chris johnson may be the only player who can put up numbers BUT our speedy defense is more than capable of stopping him.

-texans might be our biggest challenge with schaub, A.johnson and foster but again, they have a very weak passing D, collins will do fine in game 1, freeney and mathis usually find a way to put pressure when needed but i believe its going to be our corners and safeties who will win the game for us. Powers, bullitt and thomas will have a great game, although i do think johnson will give them a bit of a hard time covering him since we have a disadvantage at the height.

should be the first priority am i right? i know it won't be easy but lets take a look...

-jags now have a rookie QB with no experience + terrible defence, a coach who I'm guessing is being cornered by his own team BUT they do have MJD who always seems to have big games against us

-titans do have a solid veteran QB in hasselbeck but he is certainly not one to put fear in the hearts of opposing defenses, chris johnson may be the only player who can put up numbers BUT our speedy defense is more than capable of stopping him.

-texans might be our biggest challenge with schaub, A.johnson and foster but again, they have a very weak passing D, collins will do fine in game 1, freeney and mathis usually find a way to put pressure when needed but i believe its going to be our corners and safeties who will win the game for us. Powers, bullitt and thomas will have a great game, although i do think johnson will give them a bit of a hard time covering him since we have a disadvantage at the height.

Have you even watched our pass defense? If you're depending on that part of our team to win the game, im afraid you're going to be very disappointed.

Have you even watched our pass defense? If you're depending on that part of our team to win the game, im afraid you're going to be very disappointed.

you never know, its the opener,defense is getting lit up by everyone, there is some very high emotion going on within these players...they're gonna play for respect so you never know....

I agree with you but the Texans did add some good corners and safety help. They will be a good team. I think and expect the colts too win and shut some people up Sunday! My only worry is Lacey why is tryon not starting? I hope that tryon starts soon and I think Thomas will eventually start. I like Johnson too and Rucker will come along too. Lacey just gives up too much cushion he us better in nickle or dime

i just checked and our pass defense was pretty good IMO...we were 13th in the league last year, just behind steelers...that is pretty good if not great!

Well, I am hoping that the mess I seen in preseason was just because it was preseason and they were just taking it easy. They looked absolutely attrocious in preseason and Lacey was just a joke. Im hoping that Coyer fully understands the scope of what needs to be done by our defense and that they really need to change how they do things to stay competitive. If Coyer just sticks to the same ole' same ole' for the defense im afraid its going to be an awful yr.. The 10 yd. cushion nonsense needs to stop, if the CB's get burned, then they get burned but they have got to be more aggresive.

Shaky offensive line, shaky secondary and shaky running game - if we can straighten at least the shaky offensive line, that would be a good start and keep us in games we are not favored, IMO. Our D-line can reduce pressure on the secondary and getting good play from the O-line can open up the running game.

Guys this is going to be a long season will are non aggressive d and horrible run offense horrible pass d only reason we were 13th in pass d was because teames perfered to run up 300 yards a game oline Is changing its gonna be a long year but we will c whos what no more hiding behind big brother peyton

I think we are basing too much off of our preseason. I have said it before, you can get little, to nothing, out of our preseason performance. The Colts show nothing and do not tip their hat to anything. Even in these past years with Peyton, we show nothing in the preseason.

The OP makes some valid points. The Jags are the Jags. They just Del Rio'ed themselves this week. The Titans do have Hasselbeck and Johnson, but we cannot forgot that CJ has not practiced at all this preseason, he will not have his legs back for some time. The Texans have Schaub and Johnson, but Foster still has a messed up hamstring and Vontae Leach left through free agency.

If the Colts were to experience a situation like the one they are in, this seems like the perfect storm of a season for it to happen.

We can sweep Jacksonville and Tennessee, and I would say we can at least split with Houston. It is all a guessing game.

We have professionals on our team. Professionals that can and will step up when motivated. The Texans had better be ready because the National media has fired them up.

You are so right and we are talking about Lacey! I can't for the life of me see what the coaching staff is looking at on film that says he is the better than all our other corners other than powers? Just because he has a couple yrs doesn't make him better he had a good rookie year since than he has gone down hill. I don't want too lose this game because he gets beat like a drum then have them say oh well will have too look at tape and correct his mistakes! Do it now! Put him in nuckle package or dime but don't start him please!

Jags don't have a good defense? Session is a good player (regardless of whether or not they overpaid him) and Landry is good too.

Taking care of the division is always job 1. The Colts have always said that their number 1 priority every year is to win the division so they will be guaranteed a playoff spot

I think we can win our division, its very do able. We have a lot of talent, and I'm hopping on the Collins wagon. I believe in him.

tons of optimism here! There is a reason the Titans did not re-sign Collins and went with another veteran to teach Locker.

Without Manning I see no better than a 5-11 or 6-10 record at best.