Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

American Football Conference

Chrisaaron1023

Games like last night's contribute to the sliding revenues. Why is it the occupation of a pro athlete is an excuse for one citizen to do anything one wants to another citizen without criminal prosecution? Every other occupation one would be led off in handcuffs. Change needs to happen.

12 hours ago, Jules said:

Didn't see it, but Steelers had a gruesome injury tonight:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000888327/article/ryan-shazier-suffers-back-injury-taken-to-hospital

Hope he is going to be okay.

I saw it. Ryan Shazier put his head down before hitting the ball carrier. I don't understand how it could be a back injury instead of up in the neck area based on replays. It was scary because he did not move his legs at all after the hit.

8 hours ago, Jules said:

I didn't see the game tonight after the Steelers got an early lead but it looks like I missed a wild one later on. They won 39-38........wow......-omg-

I fell alseep the Steelers were down 31-20 i believe, and looked dead in the water. Monday night was the same exact thing.. So maybe these Steelers want in bad this year. We got what we wanted. The Patriots will waltz into Pitt not having lost since Sep. And the Steelers SHOULD finally have all the big three against them.. get your popcorn ready...

the Pats will blow them out in the 2nd half :sigh:

7 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I fell alseep the Steelers were down 31-20 i believe, and looked dead in the water. Monday night was the same exact thing.. So maybe these Steelers want in bad this year. We got what we wanted. The Patriots will waltz into Pitt not having lost since Sep. And the Steelers SHOULD finally have all the big three against them.. get your popcorn ready...

the Pats will blow them out in the 2nd half :sigh:

Don't be so sure of a blowout. I think it will be a see saw battle, since the Steelers are at home. A game worthy of watching, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Don't be so sure of a blowout. I think it will be a see saw battle, since the Steelers are at home. A game worthy of watching, IMO. 

I agree with both your posts. The Pats like to lose against the Phins, in Miami, in December lol

And the Steelers at home with 3 healthy killer bees, well make that 4 now with Boswell lol. I just dont like the Patriots adjustments to EVERY team in the 2nd half. without fail. Every time

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I agree with both your posts. The Pats like to lose against the Phins, in Miami, in December lol

And the Steelers at home with 3 healthy killer bees, well make that 4 now with Bostic lol. I just dont like the Patriots adjustments to EVERY team in the 2nd half. without fail. Every time

They have been getting away with Stephon Gilmore playing 1-on-1 vs the #1 wide outs. I bet Belichick puts Butler, his #2 CB, and a safety on Brown. However, this year, I have seen Big Ben go to him regardless, so it will be interesting to watch.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They have been getting away with Stephon Gilmore playing 1-on-1 vs the #1 wide outs. I bet Belichick puts Butler, his #2 CB, and a safety on Brown. However, this year, I have seen Big Ben go to him regardless, so it will be interesting to watch.

Lol Ben doesnt care if Antonio has 2 or 3 guys on him he goes to him! Bell just needs to do his thing and not get stopped for 1 yard rushes every hand off

9 hours ago, Jules said:

I didn't see the game tonight after the Steelers got an early lead but it looks like I missed a wild one later on. They won 39-38........wow......-omg-

Steelers run defense was AWFUL. They were getting gashed. NE will eat them alive next week...that defense is awful. Some reason Baltimore was letting AB fly around all over the field. Even the big play late to set up the game winning fg they didn't have a deep safety on his side of the field....just foolishness....and here I thought John was a pretty good coach. Bill will take away AB with double coverage and then will scheme to bottle up Bell. Patriots will win by 2 tds. Pittsburgh defense are pretenders. The secondary is falling apart now and then losing Shazier in the middle...they now look exactly like last years team that got blown out.

30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If Ben does that my prediction is 3 ints next week. He needs Schuster and his TEs to get open and run crossing routes and hope AB gets open under neath...he won't be able to go deep. Bell is the key....he has either been injured or played poorly against NE. He will need to control the ball and they have to score TDs....because their defense will get picked apart by Brady.....expect a high scoring game. 38-24 Pats.

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

They were missing Shazier. Our boy Sean Spence was out there missing all kinds of tackles and getting caught up on blocks.

Learning a new defense on short notice could not have helped him. Does Sean Spence make the same mstakes a lot even after several weeks on the same team?

26 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If Ben does that my prediction is 3 ints next week. He needs Schuster and his TEs to get open and run crossing routes and hope AB gets open under neath...he won't be able to go deep. Bell is the key....he has either been injured or played poorly against NE. He will need to control the ball and they have to score TDs....because their defense will get picked apart by Brady.....expect a high scoring game. 38-24 Pats.

Butler has been beat enough times this year. Knowing Belichick, he will mix up the coverages. Roll safety most of the time but trust me, he WILL play man on AB every now and then. Bell is the X factor like you said but Big Ben shouldn't stop throwing just because Belichick is conceding the run, that is what happened to Peyton at Foxboro, Moreno went for 200 yards in 2013 but Peyton never got into a rhythm.

However, if you have 3 WRs on the field all the time, Belichick will basically force Big Ben to take everything underneath. Ravens started doing that too but that Steelers' O-line is no slouch, going against a good Ravens' DL, held up pretty good to give Big Ben enough time. Something tells me AB and Bell will do better against the Patriots than they have done in the past.

10 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Learning a new defense on short notice could not have helped him. Does Sean Spence make the same mstakes a lot even after several weeks on the same team?

It's wasn't really a new defense for him.   He's been on the steelers before recently under that same coordinator.  I'm sure he still had to throw a little bit of junk out of his head from his time here in Indy though.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Butler has been beat enough times this year. Knowing Belichick, he will mix up the coverages. Roll safety most of the time but trust me, he WILL play man on AB every now and then. Bell is the X factor like you said but Big Ben shouldn't stop throwing just because Belichick is conceding the run, that is what happened to Peyton at Foxboro, Moreno went for 200 yards in 2013 but Peyton never got into a rhythm.

However, if you have 3 WRs on the field all the time, Belichick will basically force Big Ben to take everything underneath. Ravens started doing that too but that Steelers' O-line is no slouch, going against a good Ravens' DL, held up pretty good to give Big Ben enough time. Something tells me AB and Bell will do better against the Patriots than they have done in the past.

One can hope.....its a sad day when I'm rooting for the Steelers. If Ben can hit those underneath routes....get Bell on little flare passes out in space they should be able to move the ball....but TDs will be key....because they aren't stopping NE. Not with that defense they have. They will have to take some shots down the field...just not with AB I don't think....maybe get Schuster or Bryant deep....they need to work those LBs over is what they need to do. That is NEs weakness.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's wasn't really a new defense for him.   He's been on the steelers before recently under that same coordinator.  I'm sure he still had to throw a little bit of junk out of his head from his time here in Indy though.

True, he is just not the athlete that Shazier is to get to the edges and react to his reads faster. There in lies the difference and it won't matter how many weeks he is in the same defense because of that.

16 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Let's put it this way..he wasn't talented enough to play LB for us....that is a huge indictment.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

One can hope.....its a sad day when I'm rooting for the Steelers. If Ben can hit those underneath routes....get Bell on little flare passes out in space they should be able to move the ball....but TDs will be key....because they aren't stopping NE. Not with that defense they have. They will have to take some shots down the field...just not with AB I don't think....maybe get Schuster or Bryant deep....they need to work those LBs over is what they need to do. That is NEs weakness.

No wonder Peyton picked on Jamie Collins with Julius Thomas and even old man Owen Daniels :)

Not to mention Dallas Clark hurting them in that SB winning playoff run (to qualify, without Rodney Harrison). 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No wonder Peyton picked on Jamie Collins with Julius Thomas and even old man Owen Daniels :)

Not to mention Dallas Clark hurting them in that SB winning playoff run (to qualify, without Rodney Harrison). 

They have had some great LBs...both rush and against the run...that said they have had mixed results in coverage...which is why their great safeties have been so invaluable. That said you want to get your rb and tes matched up on them and then take advantage as much as possible. There will be one on ones on the outside you can exploit from time to time but your probably not going to beat them like that. Hope for a break down or two (hasn't happened since early in the season) or you need an x factor....like a mobile qb or te or rb mismatch.....but NE will adjust and you just have to keep putting it in the endzone....don't settle for fgs. Run the ball (effectively of course) keep Brady off the field....get after the qb...and score tds. You have to limit mistakes....I don't see Pittsburgh doing that. They generally make too many mental mistakes.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They have had some great LBs...both rush and against the run...that said they have had mixed results in coverage...which is why their great safeties have been so invaluable. That said you want to get your rb and tes matched up on them and then take advantage as much as possible. There will be one on ones on the outside you can exploit from time to time but your probably not going to beat them like that. Hope for a break down or two (hasn't happened since early in the season) or you need an x factor....like a mobile qb or te or rb mismatch.....but NE will adjust and you just have to keep putting it in the endzone....don't settle for fgs. Run the ball (effectively of course) keep Brady off the field....get after the qb...and score tds. You have to limit mistakes....I don't see Pittsburgh doing that. They generally make too many mental mistakes.

Gronk will be back and will kill them, either run blocking or getting behind their zones. Brandin Cooks will get past them at least once or twice because they give up big plays in the passing game.

After the bye week, let us see. A big play TD to Chester Rogers and Moncrief who have not been heard of since then, a big play TD to Rishard Matthews who has not been heard of since then, a couple of TDs to A.J.Green who the Bears limited considerably, and then if Flacco had been more accurate, Wallace would have burned them once and Chris Moore did burn them.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

I think you're right. In the past, they've matched Butler up against Brown with a little help over the top. There's no shutting that guy down but Butler's done a fairly decent job of containing him. I don't think the plan will change much there.

Big question for me is what the Steelers are going to do on D. They tried to play their various zone schemes in January and Brady picked them apart. The Patriots are also running the ball very well lately, and I can see this being a game where Brady only throws about 30 passes. 

Watch, now it's gonna be a shootout, lol...

1 minute ago, GoPats said:

I think you're right. In the past, they've matched Butler up against Brown with a little help over the top. There's no shutting that guy down but Butler's done a fairly decent job of containing him. I don't think the plan will change much there.

Big question for me is what the Steelers are going to do on D. They tried to play their various zone schemes in January and Brady picked them apart. The Patriots are also running the ball very well lately, and I can see this being a game where Brady only throws about 30 passes. 

Watch, now it's gonna be a shootout, lol...

I want it to be a shootout because Brady is my fantasy QB and I have Antonio Brown too. :) 

NE having trouble in Miami in the past means nothing and NE owning the Steelers in the past also means nothing.

I just stick with any given Sunday. :)   Although there are a  lot of valid posts above.

One thing I am sure of is if NE has a 9 pt lead on the Steelers with 12 minutes left in the 4th qtr they will keep the pedal to the metal and not just run out the clock like the Ravens tried last night. 2 horrible short passes and a bad run and a quick 3 and out. Steelers then march right down the field aggressively.

The steelers have won a lot of games late in the 4th qtr and a few with 1 minute FG's

The Any Given Sunday rule was correct yesterday. Now it is Any Given Monday.

I can't believe Tom Brady's record at Miami is 7-8. The Dolphins never really competed for the AFCE title when he was New Englandc's starting QB. The only division title they won in the 21st centry occurred when Brady was on IR with an ACL tear.

26 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

The Any Given Sunday rule was correct yesterday. Now it is Any Given Monday.

I can't believe Tom Brady's record at Miami is 7-8. The Dolphins never really competed for the AFCE title when he was New Englandc's starting QB. The only division title they won in the 21st centry occurred when Brady was on IR with an ACL tear.

The heat doesn't help.  Wes Welker burned us - which is why BB stole him :)

I don't think we had good WRs in that time.

Before Brady the old Orange Bowl was brutal. 0-18. Might be the worst drought of any team in a single stadium.

Of course they had Marino and that dynamic WR duo.

7 hours ago,  dgambill said: 

One can hope.....its a sad day when I'm rooting for the Steelers.

:lol: LOL all of our emotions

Yeah... I felt SO DIRTY YESTERDAY... I was rooting for the Raiders and the Steelers on the same day *bblleecchh!*

Raiders don't have enough left in the tank, so we will have to take KC out on our own AND make sure the Raiders don't get an emotional boost out of the thought of taking us out of the  playoffs on our last game of the season (we've done that to them a time or two) 

19 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:
   7 hours ago,  dgambill said: 

One can hope.....its a sad day when I'm rooting for the Steelers.

:lol: LOL all of our emotions

Yeah... I felt SO DIRTY YESTERDAY... I was rooting for the Raiders and the Steelers on the same day *bblleecchh!*

Raiders don't have enough left in the tank, so we will have to take KC out on our own AND make sure the Raiders don't get an emotional boost out of the thought of taking us out of the  playoffs on our last game of the season (we've done that to them a time or two) 

Chargers at Chiefs will be huge! Chiefs looked to be back after yesterday. That game could go either way. Probably is for the Division too.

1 hour ago, -JJ- said:

The heat doesn't help.  Wes Welker burned us - which is why BB stole him.

I don't think we had good WRs in that time.

Before Brady the old Orange Bowl was brutal. 0-18. Might be the worst drought of any team in a single stadium.

Of course they had Marino and that dynamic WR duo.

Dan Marino retired before Tom Brady was drafted, so that's irrelevant. I am specifically thinking about the 21st century Patriots.

The heat issue is less severe now with major renovations to Hard Rock Stadium including shade over every set. In the Orange Bowl, everybody was in the sun. Of course I don't know how that will affect the players and coaches.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:27 PM, JaguarsWoman said:

The New England defense was beatable tonight. Even Bill Belichick does not know how to run no-huddle offenses tha team can't win in Miami without.

They didn't run a no huddle because the offense was limited with key players being out on the OL and TE. They also were getting gashed by the Dolphins offense. NEs defense is very beat up in the front 7. If they went no-huddle and still had 3 and outs or even if they moved it a bit but still punted their defense wouldn't be able to hold up to the dolphins offense. They simply lost to the more talented team last night. Let's be honest....NE is a great TEAM. But they don't always have the most talent. They just have great talent at a lot of key positions and everyone else does their job. They needed to control the clock last night with their offense as much as Miami wanted to because they didn't want to expose their injury riddled defense. Tom missed a TON of passes last night....ones he doesn't normally miss. Had he been even avg they would have been right in that game. Honestly he looked injured last night. I don't know if it is his Achilles or what that's bothering him but he is hurt and you can tell. Miami did a good job getting pressure on him and playing tight coverage but his body didn't look right. Not saying he is washed up because he gets a much easier opponent next week but simply he is hurting....like Peyton in those last 5 or 6 games in 2014 the year before he retired. Just not able to be his normal self. They will use some no huddle against Pittsburgh....that defense is atrocious and I think if Tom is feeling good enough he throws for 350 and they get some big gains in the running game.

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:07 PM, JaguarsWoman said:

Dan Marino retired before Tom Brady was drafted, so that's irrelevant. I am specifically thinking about the 21st century Patriots.

The heat issue is less severe now with major renovations to Hard Rock Stadium including shade over every set. In the Orange Bowl, everybody was in the sun. Of course I don't know how that will affect the players and coaches.

Honestly it seems last 10 years NE always plays Miami late in the season or on a Monday or Thursday night so the heat isn't quite as bad......it's those early season games that I would think would be a nightmare with the heat. That said Miami benefits too because they travel to Foxboro in better early season weather.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

They didn't run a no huddle because the offense was limited with key players being out on the OL and TE. They also were getting gashed by the Dolphins offense. NEs defense is very beat up in the front 7. If they went no-huddle and still had 3 and outs or even if they moved it a bit but still punted their defense wouldn't be able to hold up to the dolphins offense. They simply lost to the more talented team last night. Let's be honest....NE is a great TEAM. But they don't always have the most talent. They just have great talent at a lot of key positions and everyone else does their job. They needed to control the clock last night with their offense as much as Miami wanted to because they didn't want to expose their injury riddled defense. Tom missed a TON of passes last night....ones he doesn't normally miss. Had he been even avg they would have been right in that game. Honestly he looked injured last night. I don't know if it is his Achilles or what that's bothering him but he is hurt and you can tell. Miami did a good job getting pressure on him and playing tight coverage but his body didn't look right. Not saying he is washed up because he gets a much easier opponent next week but simply he is hurting....like Peyton in those last 5 or 6 games in 2014 the year before he retired. Just not able to be his normal self. They will use some no huddle against Pittsburgh....that defense is atrocious and I think if Tom is feeling good enough he throws for 350 and they get some big gains in the running game.

ah that explains it because I was wondering why no huddle too.

Some of the talk show around here said there were receivers open and Brady uncharacteristic just wasn't seeing the field.

Their no huddle isn't a 2 minute drill or a hurry up per se. It's used when certain a defense is on the field and it's usually started with a run play (but one who can also catch)