Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sheldon Richardson

A good read.  I can see him wanting money and not making it worth with Seattle.  If that is the case he will make a good amount of money for 2018 and beyond.  I would rather go for some other guys instead of spend 15 mil per year on him.  Ballard to me is someone who might spend a large chunk on one guy but then grab a bunch of others to help fill depth with solid mid level contracts.  If that is the case let the big money go to a Pugh or Trumaine Johnson.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't Seattle just give up like a billion yards to Todd Gurley last week....and I think they are basically middle of the pack and definitely giving up more yards on the ground than last year. He has 1 sack on the year as well....sooooo I'm going to go with a hard pass on giving him crazy money. I honestly am not displeased with our DL. Hankins, Anderson, Hunt, Woods, Ridgeway these are all reasonably signed and should be brought back next year. If  a great deal was out there sure...and I'm sure we add some competition in the offseason but probably a young draft pick or a 1 year prove it deal. DL isn't a place I think where we need to add big $$ to improve. I'll be happy to even stand pat this year and address it down the road in the draft.

28 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

We need some hard guys on this team, who can ball out. You know the in your face, I'm better than you types. Him and Martavis Bryant would be a good start. Then Justin Pugh and Bowman.

We all appreciate that you think we need some true thugs on this team...

But...

I think both Richardson and Bryant are one suspension away from being banned for a full year.

Bowman does not appear to be the same after having a terrible knee injury, which is why SF eventually released him.

And Pugh is a guard with short arms....  He's good, but not great and will be expensive.    Doesn't sound like a Ballard type of guard. 

13 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

We need some hard guys on this team, who can ball out. You know the in your face, I'm better than you types. Him and Martavis Bryant would be a good start. Then Justin Pugh and Bowman.

When was the last time Richardson actually did that?