Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

JoJo "The Flea" Natson

TKnight24

5 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Brown over Moncrief?  Did I miss something?

The only thing you're missing is that it's a question as to how you'd feel about it.

Moncrief? The suggestion is that, though he's more productive than Dorsett, he's not been more available.

What if the team decided to move away from both? Trade, release, whatever. How would you feel about what's left?

1 minute ago, buccolts said:

The only thing you're missing is that it's a question as to how you'd feel about it.

Moncrief? The suggestion is that, though he's more productive than Dorsett, he's not been more available.

What if the team decided to move away from both? Trade, release, whatever. How would you feel about what's left?

I don't remember even seeing Brown so I guess from my standpoint I'd rather see Bray - though he has looked like he's taken a step or two back from last year.  I just don't know Brown...

19 minutes ago, buccolts said:

So, how do we feel about a WR set of:

TY

Aiken (haven't seem much of him, but included him anyway)

Rogers

Brown 

The Flea

Howard (The Bug?)

moncrief should be #2 on the list for now imo.  dorsett could be cut or traded i dont really care

what happens this year will determine moncriefs future with us

5 minutes ago, buccolts said:

He seems to be targeted a bit, also.

Difficult to form much of an opinion on the WRs due to the QB play.

That's what's so frustrating.  If they were really touting the 'competition' thing based on preseason play then Natson and Brown would make the team.  They've played well and have been AVAILABLE, which is something that most of the veterans can't say.

However, you have to take into consideration experience and what you know a player is capable of in a real game. 

So, unless they cut/trade Dorsett, the only rookie that has a chance IMO is Jojo.  He can be the designated returner and provide a spark at WR.  Bug and Brown to the PS.

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

That's what's so frustrating.  If they were really touting the 'competition' thing based on preseason play then Natson and Brown would make the team.  They've played well and have been AVAILABLE, which is something that most of the veterans can't say.

However, you have to take into consideration experience and what you know a player is capable of in a real game. 

So, unless they cut/trade Dorsett, the only rookie that has a chance IMO is Jojo.  He can be the designated returner and provide a spark at WR.  Bug and Brown to the PS.

That is the difference between fans and coaches.  We want the coaches to make decisions based on stats in preseason games, coaches make their decisions based on how they do in practice, meetings, film study, playbook tests and how well they did their job in the preseason games.  For example, that TD pass by Brown was a great catch, great body control to get two feet down, from a fan's viewpoint it was a thing of beauty.  But what if you found out he was lined up on the wrong side of the field (I'm not saying he did, just a what if scenario) then that catch the was a thing of beauty is a negative play in the coaches eyes.  Same thing if he ran the wrong route, or read the secondary wrong.  Those type of things are the little things that coaches use as a basis for playing time and those are the type of things that we, as fans, have no clue about because we don't have the playbook that spells out all those type of details.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Zach Banner called him "Ant Man".  I kinda like that one

Considering Zach Banner's size one could see where he would confuse him with an ant.  

I like JoJo's potential to be a swiss army knife sort of player with his speed.  You can do some creative things with a guy that fast.  

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:40 AM, buccolts said:

So, how do we feel about a WR set of:

TY

Aiken (haven't seem much of him, but included him anyway)

Rogers

Brown 

The Flea

Howard (The Bug?)

I would be really p***ed off.

Hilton

Moncrief

Rogers

Natson

Aiken/Dorsett

Carry 6. Hilton, Moncrief, Rogers, and Natson will get the most snaps when said and done. Natson has the skill set and the talent to be a really good WR and swiss army knife type offensive weapon. Plus a killer KR/PR.. We could possibly have 4 major weapons at wide out, 2 at TE, and 2 at RB. Just need to get 12 off the PUP.