Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stephen Morris

TKnight24

What am i missing?  Does he not know the playbook?  Did he hit on an Irsay daughter? Does he have "cooties?"

To my eye, he's the #2 behind luck.  He Looks more confident and just smoother...: more relaxed.  Seems accurate and has a pretty good arm, imo.  To my eye, tolzien and walker arent close.

what am i missing?

19 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

What am i missing?  Does he not know the playbook?  Did he hit on an Irsay daughter? Does he have "cooties?"

To my eye, he's the #2 behind luck.  He Looks more confident and just smoother...: more relaxed.  Seems accurate and has a pretty good arm, imo.  To my eye, tolzien and walker arent close.

what am i missing?

That is why greenbay got rid of Tolzien. He is kerry Collins 2011 bad. My wife and cousin are packer fans and when I told them Tolzien was our back up they said he sucks. He threw 1 td and 5 ints when Rodgers was out hurt.

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

That is why greenbay got rid of Tolzien. He is kerry Collins 2011 bad. My wife and cousin are packer fans and when I told them Tolzien was our back up they said he sucks. He threw 1 td and 5 ints when Rodgers was out hurt.

Yeah I would start Morris on opening day if it comes to that.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Morris has no fear and just plays within the game. He takes what the game gives him, I like him.

Thats why he is the only one that moves the ball. His ability to stretch the field and find open receivers is more like luck than tolzien and walker. Walker looks like one of our worse back up tryouts in a while.

20 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

what am i missing?

You aren't missing anything and even the coaching staff sees it. My only guess is that they are making morris look like the last qb on purpose to not tip off the rams. If they see that morris is better and arent moving him up for any reason other than that they deserve to be fired.

On 8/17/2017 at 1:21 PM, TKnight24 said:

As I've stated, I'm not the only one pulling for Morris to start. But knowing the Colts, Tolzien will probably start from here on out until Luck returns (if he returns)

Morris will probably be 2nd fiddle, then be cut when Luck is healthy unless Ballard actually keeps 3 QB's on the roster. I'd imagine Walker is headed to the PS or just to another team all together

I would like to see what he can do with the 1's.  But honestly I have no clue how he's behind Phillip Walker.  They play Walker for most of the game and he's entirely ineffective.  Then they bring Morris in and he leads them to a TD.  

I do have a little concern though.  Morris seems occasionally inconsistent.  He'll throw a great pass 30 yards down field right on target.  Then the next pass he'll try and throw a 3 yard check down and somehow miss the receiver.  

Seems like (and I could be wrong) we run a bit of a different offense when Scott is playing.  It's like more of a Patriots style spread offense.  The deep ball attack seems to dissapear and it feels like more of a short passing attack.  I think Morris can be a bit erratic but it feels like we can run more of the style we use with Luck when he's playing.  Tolzien doesn't have a whole lot of arm strength.  I do think he has a better grasp of the offense than Morris, but Morris seems to find the end zone more.

On 8/18/2017 at 8:49 AM, richard pallo said:

Let's see how they both play in the next two games.  Best player starts.

This is the Colts we are talking about.  The best player doesn't start.  The player who either got drafted higher, we traded a lot for or makes more money starts........that's until they prove to be dreadful and then the better backup gets that playing time.

Chuck Pagano is a very rigid and players friendly coach.  He's not all about "open competition."  He's more about "his guys" and the guys he likes or assumes that will start end up starting.  To me this is the last straw with Chuck.  He has just shown zero flexibility as a coach or a thinker.  I cannot think of any amazing adjustments he makes or game plan's he's had.  The most he's done is let the offense open up once the Colts are down 3 scores in the 2nd half.  Outside of that Chuck is a coaching cliche (which he's infatuated with BTW) personified.

Keep chopping wood on that game plan and depth chart Chuck!