Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard Poll

ThorstenDenmark

Chris Ballard Poll :)  

181 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think CB has done a Good ? Mediocre or Worse job than Grigson so far?

• Good job - He's spot on
    • Mediocre - He's doing somethings right
    • Worse than Grigson - He's ruining the Colts Franchise

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

That would be sweet but Ballard getting an impact player and two day one defensive starters in the draft IMO is unrealistic. Hopefully he can draft a couple of player in rounds 2-5 that become starters but expecting that from day one I just think wont happen. Getting depth players is just as important as getting starters. That is something we have lacked for quite a while now.

I agree.  Is why I voted how I did.  Ballard put himself in a bad situation by not getting an impact player in FA.  Did not have to be a big name expensive player, just a player who would make an impact on the Defense.  None of his selections, IMO, will be an impact player.  So, Ballard has to hit big in the draft with Defense.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/17/2017 at 1:35 PM, Everyone said:

Jags have spent a ton of money the past 3 season and only have around 10 wins to show for it. They must have the happiest fans though.

Exactly! Every NFL fans knows there is no game day experience quite like the Jaguars stadium. Those tarps in the upper deck where fans would normally sit sure cause a ruckus and create an intimidating home field advantage. 

30 minutes ago, gacker65 said:

I agree.  Is why I voted how I did.  Ballard put himself in a bad situation by not getting an impact player in FA.  Did not have to be a big name expensive player, just a player who would make an impact on the Defense.  None of his selections, IMO, will be an impact player.  So, Ballard has to hit big in the draft with Defense.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Jabaal Sheard becomes a starter and John Simon a decent depth player. At this point just starting with those two is a good start. Hitting on an impact player is a hit or miss but it will take time to know for sure. The impact player can come from another pick besides number one.

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2017 at 10:19 AM, Everyone said:

He's doing his job, said he wouldn't throw big money in FA and want's to build through the draft. Can't please everyone in this "I want it now" world.

So...he cant please you?

1 hour ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

Lol still too early for this but "worse than Grigson" definitely should not even be an option. Grigsons name shouldn't even be anywhere near our team anymore 

Well, we all praised Grigson in the beginning for what he did.

His first draft was spot on, for the most part.

After that, he pretty much sucked big time.

Ballard is under an enormous amount of pressure.

1. We need to win a superbowl with andrew luck as our QB

2. People want the team to win now and se progress in a division, which is becoming pretty darn good with young QB´s and stud players in both Houston, Jagsonville and in Tennessee.

Grigson is not the only one to blame, Pagano and Irsay also have some responsibility for this, but Ballard has to win with andrew luck. 

On 5/1/2017 at 6:22 PM, ThorstenDenmark said:

Well, we all praised Grigson in the beginning for what he did.

His first draft was spot on, for the most part.

After that, he pretty much sucked big time.

Ballard is under an enormous amount of pressure.

1. We need to win a superbowl with andrew luck as our QB

2. People want the team to win now and se progress in a division, which is becoming pretty darn good with young QB´s and stud players in both Houston, Jagsonville and in Tennessee.

Grigson is not the only one to blame, Pagano and Irsay also have some responsibility for this, but Ballard has to win with andrew luck. 

If you ask me Chris Ballard doesn't seem too stressed out. Obviously he's taken over a difficult job but that's because our old gm was an * who put together a high school team with Andrew luck and ty. But Ballard has been great so far in case you still wanted an answer to this poll. 

3 hours ago, Zalazar Elijahh said:

If you ask me Chris Ballard doesn't seem too stressed out. Obviously he's taken over a difficult job but that's because our old gm was an * who put together a high school team with Andrew luck and ty. But Ballard has been great so far in case you still wanted an answer to this poll. 

No one ask you. (sarcasm)

This attacking Grigson and hi jacking every thread you post in attacking Grigson is getting old quick. We are all well aware of the mistakes made by Grigson. We don't need to be reminded of it every single time you make a comment. Is it possible for you to bring something else to the forum besides whining about old news?

We finally ha a GM that I feel comfortable with (at this point).  It's time to start focusing on coaching.  This is where things get a little fuzzy.  Is the current coaching staff able to develop the players that our new GM brought in?