Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

DC Wade Phillips to join LA Rams

Coltsfan1284

19 minutes ago, Coltsfan1284 said:

If Pagano were to be fired (really losing faith he will) would have been a great DC pick up.

Interesting....    I thought Phillips was more of a 3-4 guy....    the Rams have clear 4-3 personnel.

That should be interesting........

23 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting....    I thought Phillips was more of a 3-4 guy....    the Rams have clear 4-3 personnel.

That should be interesting........

Since he runs a 1-gap 3-4, he could use undersized linemen that shoot the gaps and shoot the gaps, they do well on the Rams' D-line.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Since he runs a 1-gap 3-4, he could use undersized linemen that shoot the gaps and shoot the gaps, they do well on the Rams' D-line.

I'm sure he'll be able to do it....    he's a sharp guy....    I'm sure he's learned a few tricks.     The Rams have a scary front 7.....      but this year,  their defense broke down a lot down the stretch....     things fell a part....

Phillips can put them back together again....

And this is one of the things I like about Phillips ... "We try to fit what the players can do in the defense rather than saying, 'OK, we're a 4-3 or we're a two-gap 3-4,'" Phillips said per The Denver Post. "We're a team where if a guy can stunt and rush the passer, we let him do that. If a guy is a power guy, we try to let him be that. It's all what individual players can do."

I could be completely wrong, as this is no more than mere guessing on my part, but with Pagano's background as a DB coach and his reputation for being a defensive-minded coach (lol), I have a feeling he likes to fill his defensive staff with "yes men."

5 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

This means is that Grigson is too dumb to recognize talent once again....Our defense is almost dead last and this * let a top DC walk away....What does that tell you?

Maybe it tells you that Grigson isn't fully calling the shots right now. Hope that's the case.

13 hours ago, rockywoj said:

And this is one of the things I like about Phillips ... "We try to fit what the players can do in the defense rather than saying, 'OK, we're a 4-3 or we're a two-gap 3-4,'" Phillips said per The Denver Post. "We're a team where if a guy can stunt and rush the passer, we let him do that. If a guy is a power guy, we try to let him be that. It's all what individual players can do."

What an amazing concept