MTC

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

3,101 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

How does Vince Carter have 21 points???

He's been playing great for his age all season. They are smoking us tonight. We just don't have it, bad chemistry and PG is moody. One day PG is happy with our team, then a few days later he rips the team. I don't think McMillan is the answer at Coach but I never did. I was ok with getting rid of Vogel but if you do that you get someone outside of the organization not someone that is an assistant for a new voice. The McMillan hire made 0 sense.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's been playing great for his age all season. They are smoking us tonight. We just don't have it, bad chemistry and PG is moody. One day PG is happy with our team, then a few days later he rips the team. I don't think McMillan is the answer at Coach but I never did. I was ok with getting rid of Vogel but if you do that you get someone outside of the organization not someone that is an assistant for a new voice. The McMillan hire made 0 sense.

I was on the fence but now I'm leaning towards wanting him gone. He did have a brand new team this year and dealt with injuries to PG when we had winnable games, but the fact that PG said they never call plays and some of his matchups were just too bad to ignore. 

We need a coach that is going to prioritize shooting the 3 and defending because that is where the game is at.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I was on the fence but now I'm leaning towards wanting him gone. He did have a brand new team this year and dealt with injuries to PG when we had winnable games, but the fact that PG said they never call plays and some of his matchups were just too bad to ignore. 

We need a coach that is going to prioritize shooting the 3 and defending because that is where the game is at.

I agree. Teams have been killing us all season from 3. That has been the theme.

I don't think we are making the playoffs guys. After the Bulls next two games, their toughest opponent for the rest of the season is the Pelicans. Their last 5 games are against the Knicks, Magic, Nets twice, and the 76ers. 

We have to win some tough games to get in against teams like the Cavs, Raptors twice, Hawks (with Paul Millsap?), and Bucks.

Damn I am watching Warriors/Spurs, Spurs were up by 22 and now it's tied. Warriors are unreal they way they score in bundles!

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't think we are making the playoffs guys. After the Bulls next two games, their toughest opponent for the rest of the season is the Pelicans. Their last 5 games are against the Knicks, Magic, Nets twice, and the 76ers. 

We have to win some tough games to get in against teams like the Cavs, Raptors twice, Hawks (with Paul Millsap?), and Bucks.

We may not, not sure we even deserve too at this point.

5 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I struggle to root for the Pacers anymore, and I've been a fan since 91 when I was 5 years old. I love George, but it's obvious this team will never win a championship. The NBA is too much about big market teams that all the FA's and big time players want to go to. 

We could never have a KD/Curry/Kyrie/James/Leonard(LOL)/Harden type of superstars.

Yep. It's extremely rare to see small market teams thrive in the NBA in terms of becoming a legitimate title contender. 

Repeating what I said earlier. This team needs a new identity. Firing Bird and McMillan is the first step. 

Warriors up 5 now in the 3rd, Curry just buried a 3! They were down 22. They are doing this without Durant in San Antonio and everyone is playing for the Spurs.

1 hour ago, Bluefire4 said:

3 games? We are tied with them after our loss tonight and their win. We're only like 1.5 games in front of the Bulls for 9th and we have the Raptors and Cavs on the road in our next two games. Not looking good at all.

*gulp*

38 minutes ago, MTC said:

Repeating what I said earlier. This team needs a new identity. Firing Bird and McMillan is the first step. 

I don't think firing Bird is the way to go.  I have confidence in him.  I think he did a good job of improving the team's talent.  The coach just hasn't put it all together into a finalized piece.  I think Bird has the ability to evaluate talent, but giving McMillan the head coaching spot was a mistake.  Vogel wasn't the answer either because the team's offense was bad under Vogel too, but McMillan's teams are supposed to be efficient.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Warriors up 5 now in the 3rd, Curry just buried a 3! They were down 22. They are doing this without Durant in San Antonio and everyone is playing for the Spurs.

Unreal.  I still have a hard time seeing them winning it all because they lack bench depth and size, but that's an unreal performance

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

*gulp*

I don't think firing Bird is the way to go.  I have confidence in him.  I think he did a good job of improving the team's talent.  The coach just hasn't put it all together into a finalized piece.  I think Bird has the ability to evaluate talent, but giving McMillan the head coaching spot was a mistake.  Vogel wasn't the answer either because the team's offense was bad under Vogel too, but McMillan's teams are supposed to be efficient.

Unreal.  I still have a hard time seeing them winning it all because they lack bench depth and size, but that's an unreal performance

Once Durant gets back I don't see how they possibly lose this season. They may still lose tonight but they are playing the Spurs in San Antonio very tough without arguably their best player. The Cavs will probably win the East but the chances of them beating the Warriors 2 years in a row without HCA is slim, JMO. If the Warriors are healthy I am taking them. West just buried a jumper, it would be cool to see him get a Ring too. Warriors up 78-73 late in the 3rd.

Warriors getting David West is a luxury! His passing has been beautiful and clutch shooting too.

David West 12 Points and 5 Assists! He just scored again and is destroying the Spurs Big's. This win by the Warriors just basically clinched the #1 Seed. West is still dangerous off the bench for them. This was impressive by the Warriors especially considering they played in Houston last night as well. 9 wins a row without Durant lmao 

Westbrook 57 Points tonight and is averaging a TDB. If he doesn't get MVP that is the biggest robbery of all-time. Harden = King of Flop! Harden's team has a better record but OKC is still 43-31 after losing Durant.

2 people like this

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Westbrook 57 Points tonight and is averaging a TDB. If he doesn't get MVP that is the biggest robbery of all-time. Harden = King of Flop! Harden's team has a better record but OKC is still 43-31 after losing Durant.

Harden shouldn't even be a valid choice.   He has already set the turnover record.  

2 people like this

Predictions everyone?  What's everyone think?  I listed my predictions. 

MVP? Russell Westbrook

Rookie of the Year? Dario Saric
6th man of the year? Lou Williams

Coach of the year? Tough one but I'll say Brad Stevens or Quin Snider

Defensive player of the year? Rudy Gobert

East Playoffs

1. Celtics

2. Cavs

3. Wizards

4. Raptors

5. Bucks

6. Hawks

7. Bulls

8. Pacers

West Playoffs

1. Warriors

2. Spurs

3. Rockets

4. Jazz

5. Clippers

6. Grizzlies

7. Thunder

8. Blazers

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Indyfan4life said:

I struggle to root for the Pacers anymore, and I've been a fan since 91 when I was 5 years old. I love George, but it's obvious this team will never win a championship. The NBA is too much about big market teams that all the FA's and big time players want to go to. 

We could never have a KD/Curry/Kyrie/James/Leonard(LOL)/Harden type of superstars.

yeah, pretty much

the only way to get those guys is to draft them like we did with PG.  then we end up too good to draft another one

11 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Predictions everyone?  What's everyone think?  I listed my predictions. 

MVP? Russell Westbrook

Rookie of the Year? Dario Saric
6th man of the year? Lou Williams

Coach of the year? Tough one but I'll say Brad Stevens or Quin Snider

Defensive player of the year? Rudy Gobert

East Playoffs

1. Celtics

2. Cavs

3. Wizards

4. Raptors

5. Bucks

6. Hawks

7. Bulls

8. Pacers

West Playoffs

1. Warriors

2. Spurs

3. Rockets

4. Jazz

5. Clippers

6. Grizzlies

7. Thunder

8. Blazers

I will give you who I think should get these awards, not so much predictions. Then I will predict my East Finals/West Finals, and Finals, here we go:

MVP should be Russell Westbrook

Rookie of the Year - Dario Saric

6th Man of the Year - Lou Williams

Coach of the Year - Mike D'Antoni

Defensive Player of the Year - Rudy Gobert - Block shot King, He is Mark Eaton Lite!

East Finals = Cavs over Wizards 4-3, this can only happen if the Wizards stay out of the Cavs bracket until the East Finals. If not these 2 will meet in Round 2. If that happens I would say Cavs over Celtics 4-3.

West Finals = Warriors over Spurs 4-2

Finals = Warriors over Cavs 4-2 (I have a feeling Curry will win Finals MVP since he hasn't yet)

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will give you who I think should get these awards, not so much predictions. Then I will predict my East Finals/West Finals, and Finals, here we go:

MVP should be Russell Westbrook

Rookie of the Year - Dario Saric

6th Man of the Year - Lou Williams

Coach of the Year - Mike D'Antoni

Defensive Player of the Year - Rudy Gobert - Block shot King, He is Mark Eaton Lite!

East Finals = Cavs over Wizards 4-3, this can only happen if the Wizards stay out of the Cavs bracket until the East Finals. If not these 2 will meet in Round 2. If that happens I would say Cavs over Celtics 4-3.

West Finals = Warriors over Spurs 4-2

Finals = Warriors over Cavs 4-2 (I have a feeling Curry will win Finals MVP since he hasn't yet)

Our predictions are very similar.  Dantoni wouldn't be a bad pick either!  I agree with your east and west finals predictions and NBA Finals predictions.  I think Durant will get MVP though. 

1 person likes this