Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm done with this team if they lose tonight. If we can't take advantage of this current stretch we are not making the playoffs.

Paul George playing soft on offense and letting Carmelo do whatever he wants on defense. What the hell? Why are you double teaming the point guard leaving Melo wide open???

Can't stand this team man. We blow out the Hornets and not the Knicks?? We cannot play on the road to save our lives for some reason.

You have Toronto at their place on Sunday. Paul George played great there in the playoffs last season but we'll probably get blown out with our past road performances being examples.

I've brought this up before and its gets dismissed..

..but no one has ever adequately explained why NBA teams..especially the Pacers. play so much better at home than on the road..

I know the fans cheer for you....and the rims are familiar...but these are pros..

..are refs intimidated by the home crowd? Not NBA refs, I wouldn't think so.

We are a veteran team. I'm not asking whether there is an 'excuse' for it or not.

I really wonder what the reason is.

16 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I've brought this up before and its gets dismissed..

..but no one has ever adequately explained why NBA teams..especially the Pacers. play so much better at home than on the road..

I know the fans cheer for you....and the rims are familiar...but these are pros..

..are refs intimidated by the home crowd? Not NBA refs, I wouldn't think so.

We are a veteran team. I'm not asking whether there is an 'excuse' for it or not.

I really wonder what the reason is.

I think travel plays a big part in it.  I've noticed the same trend, and I can't think of a perfect reason.  But in the NBA, teams travel a lot since they play 41 road games.  Because they travel so much, their regular routine is affected.  You don't sleep in the same bed, you don't eat the same food, you don't shoot at the same rims in the same facility.  That's all I can think of.

36 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

We have 4 rebounds as a team in this first quarter. Valanciunas has 9 by himself.

He's killing us..

wow   62-45...WE don't have the energy we had Wednesday,.....again..at home

..we need a shooter off the bench, too. When Paul and CJ go tot he bench, we dont have a '3' threat.

Id put Aaron Brooks in there...he can make shots.

Is Jefferson unavailable..We need Big Al and against Big Val

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He's killing us..

wow   62-45...WE don't have the energy we had Wednesday,.....again..at home

..we need a shooter off the bench, too. When Paul and CJ go tot he bench, we dont have a '3' threat.

Id put Aaron Brooks in there...he can make shots.

Is Jefferson unavailable..We need Big Al and against Big Val

Brooks was in for a little today. Time to put him in and get Stuckey out. He's killing us right now.

Just now, 21isSuperman said:

I believe Hawyward is in the last year of his deal.  Could Bird somehow convince him to come back home?

Man I hope so, that would be huge! I wonder if Hayward would love playing for Brad Stevens again though? I am not sure how much he loves Utah either. Utah has a pretty solid team and a great tradition with players like Stockton and Malone. They also have perhaps the best fans in Basketball in Utah, their crowds are always loud.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Man I hope so, that would be huge! I wonder if Hayward would love playing for Brad Stevens again though? I am not sure how much he loves Utah either. Utah has a pretty solid team and a great tradition with players like Stockton and Malone. They also have perhaps the best fans in Basketball in Utah, their crowds are always loud.

Yeah, he could go several different ways.  I think he's really underrated and could form a really solid trio with Turner and George.

10 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I believe Hawyward is in the last year of his deal.  Could Bird somehow convince him to come back home?

I'm pretty sure he's under contract next season... unless its a player option. 

And why would he give up the amount of money he could get when he's already on a great team?

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I'm pretty sure he's under contract next season... unless its a player option. 

And why would he give up the amount of money he could get when he's already on a great team?

to go home....same reason everyone suggests Paul George will go to the Lakers, right?

Gordon Hayward isn't going to win many titles in Utah

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The good news is: we are 1 game behind Atlanta for the 5th seed.

The bad news: To be 5th juts us against Toronto...not a god matchup..

the Bulls have beaten Toronto 11 times in a row..I have no explaination

We played Toronto good last season in the Playoffs, had them beat actually. I would probably want to take my chances with them instead of Washington or Boston.