Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

D'Qwell on Cromartie / Bosa

rockywoj

3 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

That's not the issue here in my opinion Krunk. This is: Why is a well respected player in the NFL on TV siding with the enemy--the owners in front office? You never, never give your adversary an opening of legitimacy in their action against one of your own, a fellow player. 

Yeah I get it SW1, but there's no sin here and no breach of the law.  Fine he mildly broke the code of brotherhood, but to me there's bigger fish to fry than this.   They asked the guy his opinion and he said what he would do in those shoes if they were his.  I don't think there's much of a war here. If there is it's easily fixable.  Let's move on.  Just my take my brother.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Yeah I get it SW1, but there's no sin here and no breach of the law.  Fine he mildly broke the code of brotherhood, but to me there's bigger fish to fry than this.   They asked the guy his opinion and he said what he would do in those shoes.  I don't think there's much of a war here. If there is it's easily fixable.  Let's move on.  Just my take my brother.

Just one more thing & then I promise I'll drop this, when a guy says "this is what I would do if I were in his shoes" is really a veiled threat or backhanded slam symbolically  shamming that player thru a guilt trip to fall in line. Now, I respect peoples opinions different from my own & they have every right to make them sure...Except for 1 thing: this contractual crossroads concerns 2 entities--the Chargers front office & Joey Bosa & it's his decision to walk away from the table or not not Jackson's. 

Guilt trips have never worked on me ever since I was little so whenever I see a player or franchise engage in nonsense like this...I always call them out. 

45 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

My pet peeve with Jackson is that first he said he likes to steer clear of negotiation talks that don't concern him directly & then he plunges right in & does a total reversal on Natl. TV. Was what Jackson said catastrophic? No, but it's not a question of degree; it's a question of don't mess with a man's money, momma, or woman ever & Jackson knows that this is a private matter that doesn't concern him at all. He's smarter than this. 

Who gives a darn how much money is on the table or in a player's bank account? How is that even relevant to this topic? Answer: It's not. 

It really isn't much of a private matter when both the Chargers and Bosa's agent are making press releases about the situation. If the Chargers and Bosa wanted to keep it private they should of continued the holdout and kept out of the press. Really they fueled their own fire.

3 minutes ago, SDakColts said:

It really isn't much of a private matter when both the Chargers and Bosa's agent are making press releases about the situation. If the Chargers and Bosa wanted to keep it private they should of continued the holdout and kept out of the press. Really they fueled their own fire.

Money is always a private matter especially when it allows hopefully a nice standard of living. Both sides did their share of mud slinging here or POV press releases so John Spanos isn't exactly immune from criticism or a paragon of virtue here either.

Now, if Joey wants to cut negotiations off completely & enter the draft next yr again, that's his decision. 

Every time I see a reporter ask a cringe-worthy question that has nothing but a completely predictable answer from a player I wonder why do they even ask the question.  Jackson's response is why they ask because sometimes a player will speak on things they shouldn't.  There is no way Jackson should be talking about another player's negotiation, particularly a player on another team.  Even if asked - don't answer.

What he said was essentially harmless but still.  Say nothing.  The Patriots are masters at this and it has served them well.

17 hours ago, twfish said:

You should mind your own business about him minding his own business.

He did get asked about it though, it's not like he blatantly said oh hey by the way I think this about bosa. 

Clever

17 hours ago, twfish said:

You should mind your own business about him minding his own business.

He did get asked about it though, it's not like he blatantly said oh hey by the way I think this about bosa. 

That works both ways pal .

He was asked & because a thread was created it means we are also asked to give our opinion . 

So basicly its no ones business but Bosa's & the Chargers be careful of who's business you mind take your own advice if you really feel that way ,

Your first sentence says it all & your opinion is no better than anyone else .

16 hours ago, southwest1 said:

What BOTT is driving at though is this: Jackson said that he usually avoids commenting on individual contract negotiations between an athlete & the front office & then he directly flip flops & says "If it were me, I'd tell my agent as a rookie to get me into camp." 

Look, on the surface, that sounds great master your playbook, gel with your teammates, & adjust to the speed of the game at the next level. All valid points. Here's the problem though: It is a private matter that Jackson has no darn business chiming in on at all. When Jackson's contract expires or has only 1 yr left on it, would he be cool with Bosa telling him to accept the 1st offer & just take the deal with no resistance or reservations whatsoever on money he didn't  earn himself? No, I don't think so. 

Just because a person is asked a question, it doesn't mean they are obligated to answer it live on the air TWF. 

Why are we allowed to give our opinions but dqwell isn't? He has just as much a right to express his opinion as anyone else.

3 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Why are we allowed to give our opinions but dqwell isn't? He has just as much a right to express his opinion as anyone else.

Sure, DQ has the "right"....

But among players,  it is widely known that one of the things you don't talk about is another players money....   his situation.      It's not your place to say someone else should accept the money the team is offering.    That under-cuts a players position and poisons a locker-room.

DQ knows this which is why he tried to beg off commenting.     But he probably felt it was OK to do it because Bosa in not on the Colts.    DQ wouldn't be commenting on a teammate.      Still.....    generally speaking,  one player is not supposed to be commenting on another players financial business.

47 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Not when it's not his money on his money on the line he doesn't. It's the same reason why companies don't publicly disclose every one's annual salary from janitors to CEOs--It tends to create friction, tension, & it's nobody's business how they handle fiscal matters or how much money a person makes 12 months out of the yr. Jason. 

30 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Not when it's not his money on his money on the line he doesn't. It's the same reason why companies don't publicly disclose every one's annual salary from janitors to CEOs--It tends to create friction, tension, & it's nobody's business how they handle fiscal matters or how much money a person makes 12 months out of the yr. Jason. 

You heard of this thing called the first amendment?

You say its nobody's business yet every detail of every players contract is available to the public. Lets not act like the NFL is a typical corporate environment.

32 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

You heard of this thing called the first amendment?

You say its nobody's business yet every detail of every players contract is available to the public. Lets not act like the NFL is a typical corporate environment.

Have you read completely through this entire thread? I said my issues were Jackson's complete flip flop after he replied he likes to remain silent about contract negotiations, siding against a fellow player in favor of management, & public guilt trips through a nationally televised audience is out of bounds & uncalled for because it's a far cry from keeping player matters in house or in the locker room. 

People always bring up the First Amendment likes it's the end all be all on saying whatever a person wants. There are restrictions on the First Amendment Jason. It's not all encompassing Constitutional Right. 

I also said would Jackson probably wouldn't like Joey Bosa informing him exactly what to do when his contract has expired & I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it very much either. 

Corporate environment or not, this is a matter of Bosa's contract & who cares if a lot of the details are a matter of public record Jason. The last time I checked neither Joey nor DQ Jackson hired you as his talent agent did he? Nope, I didn't think so. 

14 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Have you read completely through this entire thread? I said my issues were Jackson's complete flip flop after he replied he likes to remain silent about contract negotiations, siding against a fellow player in favor of management, & public guilt trips through a nationally televised audience is out of bounds & uncalled for because it's a far cry from keeping player matters in house or in the locker room. 

People always bring up the First Amendment likes it's the end all be all on saying whatever a person wants. There are restrictions on the First Amendment Jason. 

Do you see Jackson getting arrested for his comments?  

If the westboro Baptist church can get away with picketing soldiers funerals then dqwell Jackson can freely answer a question he was asked about bosa's contract situation. End of story,no matter how much you don't like it. 

23 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Have you read completely through this entire thread? I said my issues were Jackson's complete flip flop after he replied he likes to remain silent about contract negotiations

Ok.

People always bring up the First Amendment likes it's the end all be all on saying whatever a person wants.

I don't think you know how the first amendment works.

There are restrictions on the First Amendment Jason.

Fine.  Give me an example.

It's not all encompassing Constitutional Right. 

Really?  Because it kind of is.  Though I am eager to hear your replies to my comment above asking for examples of these restrictions of which you speak. 

I also said would Jackson probably wouldn't like Joey Bosa informing him exactly what to do when his contract has expired & I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it very much either. 

I highly doubt he'd care one way or another, but to be frank I really don't care either way.  If what you say is correct though, then that would make jackson a hypocrite.  Whatever.

Corporate environment or not, this is a matter of Bosa's contract & who cares if a lot of the details are a matter of public record Jason.

The example you gave was of corporate america not giving out the details of salaries of every employee from janitor to CEO.  That has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation because the NFL is a corporation where almost every employee's salary is public record. 

The last time I checked neither Joey nor DQ Jackson hired you as his talent agent did he? Nope, I didn't think so. 

If I cared, it would make me sad that this actually made sense to you when you wrote it.  I have literally no idea what this was supposed to mean nor how it was supposed to pertain to this conversation. 

16 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Do you see Jackson getting arrested for his comments?  

If the westboro Baptist church can get away with picketing soldiers funerals then dqwell Jackson can freely answer a question he was asked about bosa's contract situation. End of story,no matter how much you don't like it. 

Remember, how you questioned my reading comprehension skills once & claimed that I took you out of context Jason? Who said anything about being arrested? I sure as hades didn't. Way too pull that nonsense out of left field Jason. 

18 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Well the comment I was responding to was thoroughly insightful and thought provoking now wasn't it?

Ah yes, the classic slam the person who disagrees with you & resort to low brow tactics. 

I will admit that my 'deep' reply back to you wasn't my finest hour either. I will own that. My apologizes Jason. I should have taken the high road there & didn't. 

33 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Ok.

I don't think you know how the first amendment works.

Right, like you're familiar with graduate degree education. Now, that's funny. 

Fine.  Give me an example. 

Apparently, according to you, I am deficient in Constitutional Law so would you even accept anything I have to say? I doubt it. 

Really?  Because it kind of is.  Though I am eager to hear your replies to my comment above asking for examples of these restrictions of which you speak. 

--Inflammatory speech that leads to death or bodily harm. Yelling fire in a crowded theater that leads to fatalities instead of telling management privately as a matter of public safety, Engaging in slander to tarnish a person's reputation that usually gets settled in court with a punitive damages financial settlement. 

I highly doubt he'd care one way or another, but to be frank I really don't care either way.  If what you say is correct though, then that would make jackson a hypocrite.  Whatever.

It's not about Jackson. It's about Bosa. I also said it wasn't a catastrophic comment originally. He should have said nothing. 

The example you gave was of corporate america not giving out the details of salaries of every employee from janitor to CEO.  That has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation because the NFL is a corporation where almost every employee's salary is public record. 

It's about money Jason & the public commentary on signing Bosa's contract from Jackson a person whose San Diego contract doesn't affect DQ at all so my post was very relevant. 

If I cared, it would make me sad that this actually made sense to you when you wrote it.  I have literally no idea what this was supposed to mean nor how it was supposed to pertain to this conversation. 

You keep responding Jason, so you do clearly care. Thank you for playing. :thmup:

43 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Remember, how you questioned my reading comprehension skills once & claimed that I took you out of context Jason? Who said anything about being arrested? I sure as hades didn't. Way too pull that nonsense out of left field Jason. 

Well, I said it was dqwell's right to comment on the bosa situation.  You said it was not.  So...what's the repercussion here for him?  Sure there's the disapproval from some people but aside from that...what's the punishment for him? 

33 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

Right, like you're familiar with graduate degree education. Now, that's funny. 

what's funny is you thinking you know anything about my level of education ;)

Apparently, according to you, I am deficient in Constitutional Law so would you even accept anything I have to say? I doubt it. 

That's a strong possibility

--Inflammatory speech that leads to death or bodily harm. Yelling fire in a crowded theater that leads to fatalities instead of telling management privately as a matter of public safety, Engaging in slander to tarnish a person's reputation that usually gets settled in court with a punitive damages financial settlement. 

Ok.  The comments that DQwell made...do they fall into any of those situations?  No? 

It's about money Jason & the public commentary on signing Bosa's contract from Jackson a person whose San Diego contract doesn't affect DQ at all so my post was very relevant. 

No idea what that meant.  I'm pretty sure it's not even an actual sentence. 

You keep responding Jason, so you do clearly care

Don't confuse me entertaining myself with me caring. ;)

Thank you for playing. :thmup:

Any time :popcorn:

2 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Well, I said it was dqwell's right to comment on the bosa situation.  You said it was not.  So...what's the repercussion here for him?  Sure there's the disapproval from some people but aside from that...what's the punishment for him? 

No, I said he had no right to comment on another man's financial situation that didn't directly affect Jackson personally. I also said what Jackson said was not catastrophic. Do you not listen? That's a rhetorical question BTW meaning we both know the answer to that question. 

what's funny is you thinking you know anything about my level of education ;)

Elite me Jason. Tell me where I called into question your intellect, IQ, or football knowledge because I never did. 

That's a strong possibility

Stay Classy Jason. 

Ok.  The comments that DQwell made...do they fall into any of those situations?  No? 

You didn't ask me how they directly applied to Jackson's situation Jason, you asked me to provide examples for you where a person cannot claim First Amendment protection under the law & I did that. Nice job of trying to move the goal posts there & change the subject when you know what you initially said sir. 

No idea what that meant.  I'm pretty sure it's not even an actual sentence. 

Don't confuse me entertaining myself with me caring. ;)

Any time :popcorn:

You implied that you didn't care what I thought & yet you continue to reply. Your responses in this thread prove otherwise. Right like your time couldn't be better spent reading a book, going to a movie, or walking a dog. Keep telling yourself that. 

9 hours ago, southwest1 said:

.yet you continue to reply. Your responses in this thread prove otherwise. Right like your time couldn't be better spent reading a book, going to a movie, or walking a dog. Keep telling yourself that. 

Lol. Just so there's no confusion. Is was 1am. Not many movies playing at that time and my dog had been taken care of much earlier in the evening.  And I chose to play call of duty instead of reading a book. My replies to you were during loading screens. ;)

Bottom line, Jackson said what he did. Worlds still spinning. End of story. I'm very much done with this thread.

And in the interest of what's best for this forum I will do my best to refrain from interacting with you in the future. Please feel free to do the same. :)

I'm pretty surprised at the number of people here who think Jackson should have just said "no comment" or something similar regarding Joey Bosa. He was asked a question, and he answered it. Not only that, he prefaced his answer with something to the effect of him not knowing all the details of the situation. Do you really want every player to turn into Chuck Pagano and "coach speak" their way out of every question? It reminds me of how politicians answer questions, and it makes the whole interview pointless. D'Qwell answered a question that he was asked, gave his perspective as a 10 year veteran of the league, didn't say anything personally offensive to Bosa, and I thought he conducted himself quite respectably. Is everyone really this sensitive nowadays? 

What really ticks me off about this is that  it all seems to be about a signing bonus and if they want to spread that over years then shame on the Chargers.

A signing bonus should be paid at the time of the signing.  But it gets to a point that Bosa may miss one year of his NFL career. His salary is right behind Wentz so that is what it should be.  Does anyone know the value of his signing bonus?

I see his details are...

Total Value: $25,873,672 (avg. $6,468,418/year)
1st highest of 9 DE contracts

6 hours ago, gregr507 said:

I'm pretty surprised at the number of people here who think Jackson should have just said "no comment" or something similar regarding Joey Bosa. He was asked a question, and he answered it. Not only that, he prefaced his answer with something to the effect of him not knowing all the details of the situation. Do you really want every player to turn into Chuck Pagano and "coach speak" their way out of every question? It reminds me of how politicians answer questions, and it makes the whole interview pointless. D'Qwell answered a question that he was asked, gave his perspective as a 10 year veteran of the league, didn't say anything personally offensive to Bosa, and I thought he conducted himself quite respectably. Is everyone really this sensitive nowadays? 

well, it's kinda dumb to talk about something you don't know the details of.  

its not being sensitive, it's just not cool to talk about some else's money/contract situation.

11 hours ago, Jason_S said:

Lol. Just so there's no confusion. Is was 1am. Not many movies playing at that time and my dog had been taken care of much earlier in the evening.  And I chose to play call of duty instead of reading a book. My replies to you were during loading screens. ;)

Bottom line, Jackson said what he did. Worlds still spinning. End of story. I'm very much done with this thread.

And in the interest of what's best for this forum I will do my best to refrain from interacting with you in the future. Please feel free to do the same. :)

We simply disagree on whether Jackson should have commented on Bosa's contract situation that's it. Neither you or I have to stop interacting with either other. Thanks for being good natured about a difference of opinion BTW. 

PS: I can stream movies on my Amazon Fire Stick whenever I want. The time of day or the wee hours of the night doesn't matter at all for most people with say a Netflix streaming subscription. 

1 hour ago, southwest1 said:

PS: I can stream movies on my Amazon Fire Stick whenever I want. The time of day or the wee hours of the night doesn't matter at all for most people with say a Netflix streaming subscription. 

:sigh: 

I also have netflix.  However,

22 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Elite me Jason. Tell me where I called into question your intellect, IQ, or football knowledge because I never did. 

You didn't ask me how they directly applied to Jackson's situation Jason, you asked me to provide examples for you where a person cannot claim First Amendment protection under the law & I did that. Nice job of trying to move the goal posts there & change the subject when you know what you initially said sir. 

You implied that you didn't care what I thought & yet you continue to reply. Your responses in this thread prove otherwise. Right like your time couldn't be better spent reading a book, going to a movie, or walking a dog. Keep telling yourself that. 

On August 27, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Jason_S said:

:sigh: 

I also have netflix.  However,

On August 27, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Jason_S said:

Not many movies playing at that time and my dog had been taken care of much earlier in the evening

I proposed a solution to your closed theater dilemma Jason. I don't see why the sigh is even necessary. 

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I proposed a solution to your closed theater dilemma Jason.

Didn't need nor ask for one because I had no dilemma.

"I don't see why the sigh is even necessary. "

Not my concern. 

I think he gave a truthful honest answer, how many people on the nfl network do that??????????? They are highly paid, professional liars,who only promote a handful of teams. If Trevor Semien were just named the starting qb of the Colts everyone of those guys wpuld say the Colts might not win 2 games this year. But, don't worry, the Broncos won't have any problem competing.HAHAHAHAHAHA.Heath Evans is an embarrasment.