Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Remaining Free Agent On Your Wishlist!!

Dwight Freeney!

Led Arizona in sacks last year...

Let's take a risk on him for one last year!

Probably relatively inexpensive...

And he and Mathis could be blasting it, again, from the corners!

And we need help there!

I think it would be amazing to have him back: great morale for the team!

In an ideal world? Dwight Freeney. Still has it. Might not be an all-pro anymore but he can certainly help out as a rotational third down rusher.

Only problem is I don't remember him leaving with too much love for Grigson. So I think its unlikely. I want to see him land somewhere good though.

I know this isn't popular and don't take this the wrong way because the guy is a straight up p0s. But......Signing Greg Hardy would drastically improve our team. He would probably be a double digit sack guy, and would put consistent pressure on opposing QB's. He and Mathis would be a nightmare for QB's. Then I think we should also sign a couple other guys who could come in and possibly improve our team. Low risk, monster reward. These guys would all come cheap so what could it hurt?. 1) Donald Butler. Butler was a very, very good ILB a couple years ago. I don't know what's happened to him, but its like he forgot how to play football. It wouldn't hurt to sign him for cheap and see if he could bounce back and be the player he was 2-3 years ago in a new environment. He's only like 27. Couldn't hurt. 2) Owen Daniels. Daniels is a veteran who's near the end of his career, but still probably has another good year left in him. Especially as a number 2 TE behind Allen. He put up some decent numbers last year. 3) Arian Foster. Again. What would it hurt? Maybe he comes in and plays like crap, but it doesn't matter as he would be fairly cheap. But he could also come in and ball out and give us a pretty stout run game. 4) Our boy....Dwight Freeney baby!!!!! My what could it hurt mantra continues. Freeney was a stud for the Cards last year as a situational pass rusher. He may be able to give us 4-5 sacks and he could retire as a Colt. I would also look into a receiver to backup our big 3. We need a solid, reliable 4th WR. Boldin would want too many snaps and I don't want him taking snaps away from Dorsett.

2 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I know this isn't popular and don't take this the wrong way because the guy is a straight up p0s. But......Signing Greg Hardy would drastically improve our team. He would probably be a double digit sack guy, and would put consistent pressure on opposing QB's. He and Mathis would be a nightmare for QB's. Then I think we should also sign a couple other guys who could come in and possibly improve our team. Low risk, monster reward. These guys would all come cheap so what could it hurt?. 1) Donald Butler. Butler was a very, very good ILB a couple years ago. I don't know what's happened to him, but its like he forgot how to play football. It wouldn't hurt to sign him for cheap and see if he could bounce back and be the player he was 2-3 years ago in a new environment. He's only like 27. Couldn't hurt. 2) Owen Daniels. Daniels is a veteran who's near the end of his career, but still probably has another good year left in him. Especially as a number 2 TE behind Allen. He put up some decent numbers last year. 3) Arian Foster. Again. What would it hurt? Maybe he comes in and plays like crap, but it doesn't matter as he would be fairly cheap. But he could also come in and ball out and give us a pretty stout run game. 4) Our boy....Dwight Freeney baby!!!!! My what could it hurt mantra continues. Freeney was a stud for the Cards last year as a situational pass rusher. He may be able to give us 4-5 sacks and he could retire as a Colt. 5) 

you really need to let go of this Greg Hardy stuff.  Never...gonna....happen!

5 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

you really need to let go of this Greg Hardy stuff.  Never...gonna....happen!

Oh I already know it wont happen. I wish it would, but I don't see it.  But I mean I think he could be the missing link. The difference in us making a Super Bowl run or just winning the division. We need a dominant 10-15 sack EDGE rusher and he's just sitting there for the taking. Nobody wants to sign him because they don't want to take the heat for it.

Owen Daniels. I don't trust Allen to stay healthy for 16+ games. We would be in some trouble if jack Doyle was our number 1.  Daniels is a better receiving threat than both anyways so would see the field even if Allen wasn't hurt.

4 hours ago, Krauses said:

Owen Daniels. I don't trust Allen to stay healthy for 16+ games. We would be in some trouble if jack Doyle was our number 1.  Daniels is a better receiving threat than both anyways so would see the field even if Allen wasn't hurt.

Not for the veteran minimum close to 1 million. He caught 3 TDs last season and 2 of those came in one game I believe. No thanks. We also have three other TEs on the team at this point. Swoope 6-5-243 / Grisword 6-5-264 and Miller 6-6-250. I would take my chances with one of those with rookie contracts.

12 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Not for the veteran minimum close to 1 million. He caught 3 TDs last season and 2 of those came in one game I believe. No thanks. We also have three other TEs on the team at this point. Swoope 6-5-243 / Grisword 6-5-264 and Miller 6-6-250. I would take my chances with one of those with rookie contracts.

Vet minimum near 1 mill and rookies are 450k. Only a 500k difference for a proven veteran and 2 basketball projects that caught a combined zero passes. Griswold had 13 catches as a senior at a low level of competion lets not count on him.

8 minutes ago, Krauses said:

Vet minimum near 1 mill and rookies are 450k. Only a 500k difference for a proven veteran and 2 basketball projects that caught a combined zero passes. Griswold had 13 catches as a senior at a low level of competion lets not count on him.

Owen Daniels is not worth 1 million dollars no matter how these other players turn out. Matter of fact from what I have been reading he is going to retire. I think getting older is not the goal. Allen, Doyle and Swoope will be just fine. One of the other will make the roster so the TE spot is covered. They did not resign Swoope had they not seen something in him. If the Broncos thought Daniels was worth the money they would have resigned him.

44 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Owen Daniels is not worth 1 million dollars no matter how these other players turn out. Matter of fact from what I have been reading he is going to retire. I think getting older is not the goal. Allen, Doyle and Swoope will be just fine. One of the other will make the roster so the TE spot is covered. They did not resign Swoope had they not seen something in him. If the Broncos thought Daniels was worth the money they would have resigned him.

Saying the Broncos didn't resign him is irrelevant. That's like saying they didn't think trevanthan was worth the money. Every team has different cap situations and has to make hard decisions. We'll see how you feel when Allen gets hurt and were sitting with Doyle the 3rd stringer and a project basketball player.

1 hour ago, Krauses said:

Saying the Broncos didn't resign him is irrelevant. That's like saying they didn't think trevanthan was worth the money. Every team has different cap situations and has to make hard decisions. We'll see how you feel when Allen gets hurt and were sitting with Doyle the 3rd stringer and a project basketball player.

Owen Daniels is still not worth 1 million dollars regardless what happens to our TEs.

33 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Owen Daniels is still not worth 1 million dollars regardless what happens to our TEs.

I agree. There is no way the people saying "SIGN DANIELS!!" actually saw him play a game last year. I'd rather have Dallas Clark dust off the ole double 4's than see Daniels suiting up for the horseshoe next year.

On 5/16/2016 at 10:09 PM, Zach Boyd said:

So just wondering who is on your fee agent wish list .. I will start saying Anquan Boldin

Can you get any closer to Andre Johnson? NOT a Luck kinda guy. Horrendous idea.

Definitely a meeting with Arian Foster when/if he is ready.

23 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Oh I already know it wont happen. I wish it would, but I don't see it.  But I mean I think he could be the missing link. The difference in us making a Super Bowl run or just winning the division. We need a dominant 10-15 sack EDGE rusher and he's just sitting there for the taking. Nobody wants to sign him because they don't want to take the heat for it.

I mean, his stock is as low as it gets, teams don't wanna touch him... Grigson could possibly sign him to a cheap, low-risk high-reward 1-year contract. But even then, I'm just not sure it's worth it. The dude is a piece of garbage.

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

26 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

I agree. There is no way the people saying "SIGN DANIELS!!" actually saw him play a game last year. I'd rather have Dallas Clark dust off the ole double 4's than see Daniels suiting up for the horseshoe next year.

13 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

So, I'm curious do you guys have anything to contribute to the thread or did you just to this thread to knock what is on other fans' wishlist?  (Throwing BBZ I did not intend to include you on this, I accidentally clicked the quote button on your post when I was scrolling down.)

Butler is a big one on my free agent list.  I would also like to see Powers brought back.  He gets burned from time to time but he provides a lot of good coverage as well.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So, I'm curious do you guys have anything to contribute to the thread or did you just to this thread to knock what is on other fans' wishlist?  (Throwing BBZ I did not intend to include you on this, I accidentally clicked the quote button on your post when I was scrolling down.)

Butler is a big one on my free agent list.  I would also like to see Powers brought back.  He gets burned from time to time but he provides a lot of good coverage as well.

I explained my reasoning why I don't think it's a good idea to sign Daniels. If it's not up to your standards I am sorry. I didn't know I needed your approval to make a comment without you questioning me before hand.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I explained my reasoning why I don't think it's a good idea to sign Daniels. If it's not up to your standards I am sorry. I didn't know I needed your approval to make a comment without you questioning me before hand.

Quit your crying.  The thread is about free agent wish list, not bash other people's free agent wish list.  That is why I was wondering if you had anything to contribute.  Based on your response I can see you do not.

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Quit you're crying.  The thread is about free agent wish list, not bash other people's free agent wish list.  That is why I was wondering if you had anything to contribute.  Based on your response I can see you do not.

Crying? you are the one who whined about what Me and Pagano's Realtor had to say. Now you want to make an effort to insult me? Sorry, I don't insult that easy. This is a forum in case you forgot. It's not even your thread and you want to scrip what is said and then whine about it? Since when are you in charge?

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Crying? you are the one who whined about what Me and Pagano's Realtor had to say. Now you want to make an effort to insult me? Sorry, I don't insult that easy. This is a forum in case you forgot. It's not even your thread and you want to scrip what is said and then whine about it? Since when are you in charge?

So, if I ask if you have anything to contribute I'm the one crying?  There really isn't any point in replying to the rest of your nonsense.

But I will ask again, do you have anything to contribute to the thread?

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So, if I ask if you have anything to contribute I'm the one crying?  There really isn't any point in replying to the rest of your nonsense.

But I will ask again, do you have anything to contribute to the thread?

So you still think your in charge I see. No thank you. I will not partake in your nonsense.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you still think your in charge I see. No thank you. I will not partake in your nonsense.

So I can't ask a question on a forum about your response?  And if I do ask a question then I am somehow acting in charge?

You're a hoot, you definitely live up to your moniker.  

1 minute ago, Coffeedrinker said:

So I can't ask a question on a forum about your response?  And if I do ask a question then I am somehow acting in charge?

You're a hoot, you definitely live up to your moniker.  

Whatever, good by. Done with you.

18 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah I would rather get a look at the young guys than any of the names being tossed around here. Doyle is one of those guys who won't wow you but gets it done. He's a better blocker and a tougher runner than Fleener. We have on spot open for TE people want a broken down Daniels. 

The Arian Foster thing is silly I said this over and over last year when we wasted a roster spot on Ballard An achilles injury is death for a RB. No RB has made it back people think Foster at 30 is going to? Not likely. 

These guys that are old and don't have much left will be at the bottom of the depth chart. A place where you need to develop young guys and get contributions for Special Teams. 

The only one that I would think twice about is Freeney. I would not be in a hurry to sign him. He's playing with his hand in the dirt? He's not making the roster on the DL.

I'm not sure I'd want him taking up space at OLB. If Okine is behind Walden then we are talking about Freeney over Bates Maggitt or Thompson.

At the very least we need to see what we have before we bring in Freeney. I don't want to keep an extra DL or OLB and lose depth some where else. He's not a diffrence maker or he'd be on a roster. If it wasn't for his history I don't think he gets this love  I don't see it unless there is an injury. 

Maybe we add someone after cuts. 

13 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Powers signed with Baltimore!