Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Not sure if posted but...Aqib Talib...

Moose Of Woe

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

He is a good player but is kind of a slimebag, no pun intended!!

The definition of annoying, don't hate him but don't really like him at all either.

I know what you mean M-432. I will never forgive him for deliberately poking TE Dwayne Allen in the eye this season. SMH man. 

It is remarkable that very few posters here have condemned Talib for his personal foul against the Carolina receiver. He admitted that he deliberately grabbed the facemask and twisted the player's head.  He nearly decapitated the guy. That was reprehensible. I think his actions were much worse than anything Cam Newton did during the press conference. JMO

Quote:

"It was B.S. flags,” Talib said regarding a pair of personal fouls called on him in the first half, via NESN.com.  “One was on our sidelines [for taunting] — the guy [Brown] was talking on our sideline. One I just did on purpose, and I just had to show him. It’s probably going to be a fine. But, hey, we’re world champs.”

Talib added that he was aware, given Carolina’s field position at the time, that the penalty wouldn’t result in a major loss of field position.

“My teammates knew what it was,” Talib said. “He was on the three-yard line. [With] a personal foul, he was on the one-and-a-half-yard line, so it is what it is.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/08/aqib-talib-deliberately-grabbed-corey-browns-facemask/

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It is remarkable that very few posters here have condemned Talib for his personal foul against the Carolina receiver. He admitted that he deliberately grabbed the facemask and twisted the player's head.  He nearly decapitated the guy. That was reprehensible. I think his actions were much worse than anything Cam Newton did during the press conference. JMO

Quote:

"It was B.S. flags,” Talib said regarding a pair of personal fouls called on him in the first half, via NESN.com.  “One was on our sidelines [for taunting] — the guy [Brown] was talking on our sideline. One I just did on purpose, and I just had to show him. It’s probably going to be a fine. But, hey, we’re world champs.”

Talib added that he was aware, given Carolina’s field position at the time, that the penalty wouldn’t result in a major loss of field position.

“My teammates knew what it was,” Talib said. “He was on the three-yard line. [With] a personal foul, he was on the one-and-a-half-yard line, so it is what it is.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/08/aqib-talib-deliberately-grabbed-corey-browns-facemask/

Leaving a press conference is MUCH worse than anything Talib did.:sarcasm:

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Talib is a dirty player no doubt. But to say he sucked the whole game is not correct. I do agree the first personal foul should have been called on both players, not just Talib. As far as comparing Talib to Newton? It's not related and has no bearing on anything.

I was not comparing the two individuals. I was comparing the reaction to their respective actions. One guy deliberately tries to hurt an opposing player and says so.  The other leaves a press conference early, showing a lack of maturity and class. The difference in fan reaction to the two is remarkable.

You're right. There is no comparison! 

19 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Quote:

Oh I agree with your assessment , Talib has always been this way. I never condone dirty play.  And if you admit deliberate attempt to injure a player it would be a lifetime ban in my book.