Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy's 53 Man projection

Dark_Indy

Offense (24)

QB: Luck, Hasslebeck 

RB: Richardson, Bradshaw, Herron

WR: Wayne, Nicks, Hilton, Moncrief, Whalen, Rodgers

OL: Castonzo, Mewhort, Cherilus, Holmes, Thornton, Louis, John, Harrison, Reitz, Nixon

TE: Fleener, Allen, Doyle

Defense (26)

DL: Jones, Redding, RJF, Chapman, Hughes, Kerr, Newsome

LB: Mathis, Werner, Freeman, Walden, Dqwell, McNary, Muamba, Studebaker, A. Jackson

CB: Davis, Toler, Butler, Gordy, Purifoy, Price

S: Landry, Adams, Brown, (FA Acquisition after cuts)

(3)

K: Vinatieri

P: McAfee

LS: Overton

No fullback to make room for the 6th WR- and with Allen back, who can fill the FB role, it doesn't make sense to me that we run with a subpar FB (Harvey) or one who is not healthy (Havili)

Purifoy and Kerr both make the roster too as UDFA. 

What do you think?

Thought Ulrick John had a season ending ankle injury?

It's not season ending yet. Pagano said they were talking to doctors to get a better feel and he is still on the 90 man roster. That means either they believe he can come back from a broken ankle this season and want him on the practice squad or they're worried about another team snatching him up by putting him on IR.

It's not season ending yet. Pagano said they were talking to doctors to get a better feel and he is still on the 90 man roster. That means either they believe he can come back from a broken ankle this season and want him on the practice squad or they're worried about another team snatching him up by putting him on IR.

Doubt another team would snatch a 7th round OT with a broken ankle, and he has to be on their roster if somebody claims him

It's not bad. I think Ulrick John gets cut and we keep Tipton though at RB. I also think that Safety could be John Boyett off the Broncos practice squad (good chance he is put there). I also think Studebaker or McNary don't make it and we keep Harnish.

John will go to ir tipton could possibly he looked good tonight no way to boyett hes the guy who got arrested and said "you cant arrest me i play for the colts"

Both studebaker and mcnary should make it harnish is ps his last year he can

Yeah John won't be on the roster they should IR him or PS at least

Plus you counted 25 people on D as 26 which is actually 24 until Mathis gets back.

And Newsome is not a lineman, didn't he even start at ILB today?

Not the greatest 53 it doesn't make much sense

John will end up on the practice squad or IR. That will make room for the full back. I think Burley makes the roster over Price and we need more than 3 safeties and cannot just assume that Purifoy will make the switch.

Colt Anderson will be the 4th safety

It's not bad. I think Ulrick John gets cut and we keep Tipton though at RB. I also think that Safety could be John Boyett off the Broncos practice squad (good chance he is put there). I also think Studebaker or McNary don't make it and we keep Harnish.

Are you being funny you think McNary and Studebaker don't make it and we keep Harnish on the final 53?

Offense (24)

RB: Richardson, Bradshaw, Herron Harvey

OL: Castonzo, Mewhort, Cherilus, Holmes, Thornton, Louis, Harrison, Reitz, Nixon

Defense (26)

DL: Jones, Redding, RJF, Chapman, Hughes, Kerr,

ILB:, Freeman, Dqwell, McNary, Muamba, Studebaker, A. Jackson

OLB Walden Werner Newsome Johnson

CB: Davis, Toler, Butler, Gordy, Purifoy, Price

S: Landry, Adams, Brown,Anderson

(3)

I don't think you are that far off.

Pep is keeping a FB as much as I wish he wouldn't he is Harvey is on the team IMO

John won't make the final 53 his ankle is broken. Nixon will be there eventually but we might have to keep someone else until the knee is ready anyone know his status? 

Newsome makes the team as OLB not DE

I think Cam Johnson will probably get Mathis's spot until he returns then someone has to go

Colt Anderson will be the 4th S

I am not sure you are right and we will keep 6 CB's not sure your wrong either think the last spot comes down to Dewey, Price, or Burley

I changed your roster around so it is easier to read just left Mathis off to avoid confusion.

There are a lot of tough decisions to make on defense.

Boyett really? REALLY? I'd give that a 0% chance.

I don't think you are that far off.

Pep is keeping a FB as much as I wish he wouldn't he is Harvey is on the team IMO

John won't make the final 53 his ankle is broken. Nixon will be there eventually but we might have to keep someone else until the knee is ready anyone know his status? 

Newsome makes the team as OLB not DE

I think Cam Johnson will probably get Mathis's spot until he returns then someone has to go

Colt Anderson will be the 4th S

I am not sure you are right and we will keep 6 CB's not sure your wrong either think the last spot comes down to Dewey, Price, or Burley

I changed your roster around so it is easier to read just left Mathis off to avoid confusion.

There are a lot of tough decisions to make on defense.

I think that's a fair assessment. I can't argue with any of your points.

I saw Newsome listed as a DE on the Roster, so I figured the Colts would keep him there, that's all.

I think that's a fair assessment. I can't argue with any of your points.

I saw Newsome listed as a DE on the Roster, so I figured the Colts would keep him there, that's all.

I could have sworn CBS listed him as our startng ILB instead of Sheppard at the beginning of the Saints game. I am sure he doesn't care the label as long as he is a Colt. Apparently they have been using him a little at DE in the nickel but he will be an OLB hopefully similar to Mathis.

I don't think McNary, Muamba, Studebaker, and A. Jackson all make It. Jackson is a rookie with a high ceiling and we know that Grigson likes his 6th round draft picks. He's safe. Muamba is really a stretch though. He's looked good in pre-season but I can't see him as anything more than PS material now. I think McNary stays since he's a guy the staff trust a lot. That means Studebaker is gone, although he's good on ST's.

But why no Howell? Did he suffer a season ending injury? I thought it was only minor.

I don't think McNary, Muamba, Studebaker, and A. Jackson all make It. Jackson is a rookie with a high ceiling and we know that Grigson likes his 6th round draft picks. He's safe. Muamba is really a stretch though. He's looked good in pre-season but I can't see him as anything more than PS material now. I think McNary stays since he's a guy the staff trust a lot. That means Studebaker is gone, although he's good on ST's.

But why no Howell? Did he suffer a season ending injury? I thought it was only minor.

I disagree. I can almost bet that Muamba and Studebaker make the cut. Muamba has looked fantastic and so has Studebaker. If anyone that gets cut it would be A. Jackson as he hasn't played and McNary since he is injury prone.

Offense (24)

RB: Richardson, Bradshaw, Herron, Tipton

FB: Harvey

OL: Castonzo, Mewhort, Cherilus, Holmes, Thornton, Louis, Austin (John on IR), Harrison, Reitz, Nixon

Defense (26)

DL: Jones, Redding, RJF, Chapman, Hughes, Kerr, Newsome

LB: Mathis (Doesn't count towards roster), Werner, Freeman, Walden, Dqwell, McNary, Muamba, Studebaker, Johnson (A. Jackson)

CB: Davis, Toler, Butler, Gordy, Purifoy, (Price)

S: Landry, Adams, Brown, Anderson (FA Acquisition after cuts)

(3)

No fullback to make room for the 6th WR- and with Allen back, who can fill the FB role, it doesn't make sense to me that we run with a subpar FB (Harvey) or one who is not healthy (Havili)

Purifoy and Kerr both make the roster too as UDFA. 

What do you think?

Not too shabby overall, I missed both Tipton and the FB, but I was holding onto hope that they wouldn't use one.

Guys I missed completely are in red, guys who I incorrectly projected are in blue with my projections in parenthesis.