Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

"I'm under contract" - Andre Johnson's repsonse to if he's happy playing in Houston.

Dustin

Well, if I were him I'd be pretty * too.  I mean, he spent his entire career with one team, and every year, they were getting closer to winning a superbowl, and then this year...he's got what, another year or two left in the NFL?  He probably thinks his opportunity to ever win a SB just extinguished...and I would agree with that.

Well, if I were him I'd be pretty * too.  I mean, he spent his entire career with one team, and every year, they were getting closer to winning a superbowl, and then this year...he's got what, another year or two left in the NFL?  He probably thinks his opportunity to ever win a SB just extinguished...and I would agree with that.

Throw in the fact they rarely got him any help other than Owen Daniels for years I get why the guy is frustrated. They can have a good running game and defense, but until they get a real QB they are not going to be contenders. Heck, I am surprised Fitz has stayed so quiet in Arizona ever since Kurt Warner retired.

Don't even think about saying it!

No, he's not coming here, and he wouldn't be a long term replacement to Wayne since he's almost as old as him

You know it's going to happen if the Texans entertain the idea of trading or releasing him. If Lawrence Taylor went on TV saying he was going to make a comeback at 54 yrs. old, there would people here on this forum saying we should try him out. It's just how this forum works. Doesn't matter how much of a scrub, loser, *, or God awful player it is, somebody will say we should sign him and then there will actually be other's that agree.

I feel sorry for Andre because he makes Houston's QB's look good. Time and time again QB's lob him the ball into traffic and he comes down with it. Yet we have seen plenty of evidence to suggest Houston has mediocre QB's at best, or they always find a way to beat themselves up to lose ball games. If Houston had Andrew Luck, oh lord imagine it.

I said this in an earlier topic, but imo Kubiak's to blame. My heartfelt sincerity for his medical condition, but football is a business and it's time to experiment with some fresh faces across the board, just like Indy did.

You know it's going to happen if the Texans entertain the idea of trading or releasing him. If Lawrence Taylor went on TV saying he was going to make a comeback at 54 yrs. old, there would people here on this forum saying we should try him out. It's just how this forum works. Doesn't matter how much of a scrub, loser, *, or God awful player it is, somebody will say we should sign him and then there will actually be other's that agree.

I dont think we would target him but why shouldnt we? Hes got another 2-3 years left, hes elite at one of our weakest positions, and we are in, or very close, to a superbowl window right now. We dont need andre johnson to win a superbowl but dont diminish the effect a player of his caliber would have on this team. how did losing losing Reggie Wayne ( comparable player) affect this offense?