•  

Photo

One good thing about the Colts having to play the Texans twice in the last three weeks..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 Brooklyn Colt

Brooklyn Colt
  • 476 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Aside from the chance to win the division..playing the Texans twice in the last three games of the season is that win, lose, or draw we won't have that competitive drop off going into the playoffs..They will be better tested and the memory of playing a playoff team will be fresher in their memories going into January..

Agreed?

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 achcolts

achcolts
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Yup i said the same thing
Completely agree, win or lose itll set us up somewhat for the level.of intensity and.compettion well.encounter.in,the playoffs. Itll be a nice challenge for this team.to.finally play full 60 minitues of football

#3 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13129 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Aside from the chance to win the division..playing the Texans twice in the last three games of the season is that win, lose, or draw we won't have that competitive drop off going into the playoffs..They will be better tested and the memory of playing a playoff team will be fresher in their memories going into January..

Agreed?

....I would agree if we make the playoffs....If we lose 2 to Houston and at KC...we're not going to make it...

everyone assumes we're in....not yet

#4 chrisfarley

chrisfarley
  • 2149 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:05 PM

....I would agree if we make the playoffs....If we lose 2 to Houston and at KC...we're not going to make it...

That's true, it's just like Arians said to the Houston media, "We haven't done anything yet" KC will not be an easy game because the KC crowd is very loud and nuts. If we had Manning, I wouldn't worry as much about KC because he studies so hard and can pick them apart so easily. Luck, can do that I think too but he is more of a gunslinger and I think vs. KC that won't be as effective, and I think Romeo Crennell will game plan to attack Luck all day. Hopefully Andrew can exploit the blitz packages (or better yet, just identify them). We can't get down to KC by a couple TDs , they still do have some firepower.

#5 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13129 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:09 PM

That's true, it's just like Arians said to the Houston media, "We haven't done anything yet" KC will not be an easy game because the KC crowd is very loud and nuts. If we had Manning, I wouldn't worry as much about KC because he studies so hard and can pick them apart so easily. Luck, can do that I think too but he is more of a gunslinger and I think vs. KC that won't be as effective, and I think Romeo Crennell will game plan to attack Luck all day. Hopefully Andrew can exploit the blitz packages (or better yet, just identify them). We can't get down to KC by a couple TDs , they still do have some firepower.

chris..

I'm just hoping we dont get anybody beat up Sunday at Houston....that would cramp us for the must-win KC game

we have very few backups on O-line and at running back....

Bruce Arians is right..and so are you about Romeo...KC has more talent than a 2-11 team...should ....and that will be their final home game

#6 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

It's nearly impossible for the Colts to not get in the playoffs at this point. In fact, I think the only way they don't get in is if they lose all 3 and the Jets win out and there is no way the Jets win out.

"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today". -- James Dean.

#7 CardiacColts

CardiacColts
  • 423 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Well, I do have to agree that I like the competitive edge going into the playoffs, IF we make it. I would certainly take a rigorous schedule over the Jags twice in the last 2 weeks, which would prime us for a first round exit.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?" -Vince Lombardi

#8 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13129 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

It's nearly impossible for the Colts to not get in the playoffs at this point. In fact, I think the only way they don't get in is if they lose all 3 and the Jets win out and there is no way the Jets win out.

I hope you're right about the Jets...but check into that..they think they will..just signed Braylon Edwards..

...The Jets play Tennessee, San Diego and Buffalo......they'll be favored (not by much) to beat all 3

we are huge underdogs against Houston.......it may all be on the line at KC on the 22nd

#9 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

I hope you're right about the Jets...but check into that..they think they will..just signed Braylon Edwards..

...The Jets play Tennessee, San Diego and Buffalo......they'll be favored (not by much) to beat all 3

we are huge underdogs against Houston.......it may all be on the line at KC on the 22nd

I doubt they'll be favored to beat all 3. In fact, I think we'll clinch this weekend even if we get trounced by Houston. The Jets play @ Tenn. and I think Tenn. will take care of the Jets rather easily. If the Jets somehow pull it out this weekend, the Chargers will torch the Jets. Anyway I see it, I don't think there is anyway we don't make the playoffs. I'm pretty confident we'll handle the Chiefs regardless of what the Jets do anyway, but I have a good feeling the Jets will clinch our playoff spot for us.

#10 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13129 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

I doubt they'll be favored to beat all 3. In fact, I think we'll clinch this weekend even if we get trounced by Houston. The Jets play @ Tenn. and I think Tenn. will take care of the Jets rather easily. If the Jets somehow pull it out this weekend, the Chargers will torch the Jets. Anyway I see it, I don't think there is anyway we don't make the playoffs. I'm pretty confident we'll handle the Chiefs regardless of what the Jets do anyway, but I have a good feeling the Jets will clinch our playoff spot for us.

I wouldnt count on Tennessee for much..

a Jets loss does not clinch a playoff spot for us if Cincy and Pitt win///

#11 fvegas

fvegas
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

The Jets aren't the only team we need to worry about - definitely not the only way we miss the playoffs. They could be eliminated and we still have to worry about the Bengals & Steelers (both better teams than the Jets) taking the two Wild Card spots.

#12 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13129 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

The Jets aren't the only team we need to worry about - definitely not the only way we miss the playoffs. They could be eliminated and we still have to worry about the Bengals & Steelers (both better teams than the Jets) taking the two Wild Card spots.

and we need to worry abut winning a game with any running backs...because it may come to that

#13 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

umm if Cinci and the jets both lose this weekend even if the colts lose, the colts get the playoff bid whether its 5th or 6th seed because of tie breaker over cinci would be conference wins and cinci is already at 5 losses with 1 more to go against pittsburgh and 1 against baltimore and the jets would be at 8 losses and its impossible for the colts to even get 8 losses now with 3 games remaining. so if both lose the colts are in automatically.

Believe In Blue!!!

#14 shakedownstreet

shakedownstreet
  • 5818 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

colts are going to the playoffs yall

why do we call it playoffs? shouldn't it be the playons? :scratch:

#15 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13129 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

umm if Cinci and the jets both lose this weekend even if the colts lose, the colts get the playoff bid whether its 5th or 6th seed because of tie breaker over cinci would be conference wins and cinci is already at 5 losses with 1 more to go against pittsburgh and 1 against baltimore and the jets would be at 8 losses and its impossible for the colts to even get 8 losses now with 3 games remaining. so if both lose the colts are in automatically.

True..but check back after the Cincy game tonight at Philadephia and lets reeevaluate

#16 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:07 PM

Pittsburgh and Cincy play each other a week from Sunday and one has to lose so neither of those teams really affect our playoff chances very much at all. Both can't win out and thats what it would take to knock the Colts out of a playoff spot. That is simplifying it a bit, I know, but essentially the Jets are the only team the Colts need to worry about.

#17 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 13129 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Pittsburgh and Cincy play each other a week from Sunday and one has to lose so neither of those teams really affect our playoff chances very much at all. Both can't win out and thats what it would take to knock the Colts out of a playoff spot. That is simplifying it a bit, I know, but essentially the Jets are the only team the Colts need to worry about.

we lose ALL tiebreakers scenarios with the Jets...

..even if Cincy loses to Phily...if they win their last 2 they are 9-7 with 5 AFC losses....

If the Colts lose their last 3 ...they are 9-7 with 6 AFC losses....

If we finish in a 3-way tie with the 9-7 Jets and 9-7 Cincy...we are out....

///But to simplify things..yes...it helps a ton if the Jets simply lose like we know they know how to do

If they Jets win at Tennessee and we lose at Houston...we have reason for concern

#18 Balzer40

Balzer40
  • 6663 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

we lose ALL tiebreakers scenarios with the Jets...

..even if Cincy loses to Phily...if they win their last 2 they are 9-7 with 5 AFC losses....

If the Colts lose their last 3 ...they are 9-7 with 6 AFC losses....

If we finish in a 3-way tie with the 9-7 Jets and 9-7 Cincy...we are out....

///But to simplify things..yes...it helps a ton if the Jets simply lose like we know they know how to do

If they Jets win at Tennessee and we lose at Houston...we have reason for concern

Well, the chances of the few scenario's that would knock the Colts out of the playoffs, are almost astronomical at this point. Could it happen? Sure, but the chances are overwhelmingly tiny.

#19 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 3480 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

I still think the scheduler needs shot for doing this.

#20 chad72

chad72
  • 8436 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:01 PM

The best thing is it will all be in a dome, and hopefully all during the 1 p.m. ET time slot, where we seem to be most comfortable. :)

#21 itmustbejj

itmustbejj
  • 77 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

I still think the scheduler needs shot for doing this.

If Sergio Brown hadn't let Cecil Shorts go all Hulkamania on us, this wouldn't even be an issue.

#22 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

You should read the KC boards. They hate RC and their quarterbacks. I can bet you any money that the day KC plays the Colts and Luck their board will be overflowing with praise and jealousy for Luck.

KC is not going to win that game. Them and the fans want their season to be over.

#23 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

True..but check back after the Cincy game tonight at Philadephia and lets reeevaluate

well i never said the Bengals would lose lol. i was just pointing out that IF they and the jets lost this weekend the colts wouldnt have to win. although id prefer the colts win out anyway.would sure shut up alot of texan fans who claim that the texans are the " kings of the south " and will " dominate " the division for years to come.

Believe In Blue!!!

#24 GoColts8818

GoColts8818
  • 12910 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:57 PM

How about we just beat the Texans on Sunday and we don't have to worry about making the playoffs anymore and can start talking about what happens if we win the division ;)
Thank You Peyton! I look forward to the day you come home and we get to do this good bye thing right!

#25 manning04

manning04
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Still alot of variables to look at Lets hope Titans can beat the jets, and hope Cinci beats Pitt the week after. all this based on if we some how lose out.

This post is brought to you today by Qdoba!

#26 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

the Colts are in... stop worrying..
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#27 John Dee

John Dee
  • 5576 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Still alot of variables to look at Lets hope Titans can beat the jets, and hope Cinci beats Pitt the week after. all this based on if we some how lose out.

If Cincy and Pitt ties..... THEN Indy "might" need to worry a little.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
Aldous Huxley

#28 Vltrophy1

Vltrophy1
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Colts have done much better than I thought they would. There's a chance Colts can win their div but I don't see it. As long as the Colts win at least 1 of their Final 3 they'll make the playoffs

#29 ColtStrong

ColtStrong
  • 1353 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

"As long as the Colts win at least 1 of their Final 3 they'll make the playoffs"

Thanks!

CaptainObvious.jpg

colts_jersey_sig2.png
Bleeding Blue, since '72..........

#30 houstonwhodat

houstonwhodat
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Colts have done much better than I thought they would. There's a chance Colts can win their div but I don't see it. As long as the Colts win at least 1 of their Final 3 they'll make the playoffs

#31 PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger
  • Memb ns
  • 11393 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Everything will be okay

and

agreed OP

Onward Princeton Forward Princeton

PrincetonTiger77

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      23 Apr
    BrentMc11

'possibly' having a re-do on my right eye tomorrow depending on the risk. It is still too far-sighted. I am too young to not have it done with a better script. Hoping it is easy...may have stitches this time with bigger incision.

Show comments (2)
  • Photo
      22 Apr
    sb41champs

Make a Point to Do Something This Week to Be a Better Steward of the Earth the Good Lord Blessed Us With !!

Show comments (2)
View All Updates