Photo

Guess who was covering Avery on that final play?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Jacob Lacey... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :disco: :rock: :dancing: :headspin: :banana: :lol:

Preseason Live: Indianapolis ColtsColts Football Starts Now. Don't Miss a Moment!

#2 Superman

Superman
  • Forum Moderator
  • 15540 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

No one covered him. It was basically prevent defense. Avery was by himself the whole time.

Lacey almost got an interception two plays earlier, by the way.
LET'S HUNT

#3 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3450 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Ahh good ol' Lacey, with the "Almost" INT :D

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#4 Tsarquise

Tsarquise
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Ahh good ol' Lacey, with the "Almost" INT :D

The point is, is that he defended the pass, preventing a completion.

#5 The Peytonator

The Peytonator
  • 2910 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Lacey may have been the one that should have made the tackle, but nobody was covering him for his route. He was the underneath man and the DBs were covering deep zones.

#6 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

I thought he actually played a decent game.

Makes me wonder what guys like Lacey & Jennings could have done here with decent schemes and coverages.

Hopefully when we bring in more talent to the secondary. Our defense will be very good.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#7 lollygagger8

lollygagger8
  • 4347 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

I'm pretty certain the Lions watched tape on Andrew Luck tackling people, and when they saw him running towards them with Avery, they said "we're good, you may have the endzone fine Sir".

#8 gbrads_rants

gbrads_rants
  • 570 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:32 PM

No one covered him. It was basically prevent defense. Avery was by himself the whole time.

Watch the play again, he was supposed to come up for Avery but decided to go further back in coverage

#9 SilentHill

SilentHill

Next Man Up

• 3450 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

The point is, is that he defended the pass, preventing a completion.

Irrelevant to the point I was making, but nice try.

“What he does on the field – he’s an assassin…Class with cruelty.” – Jim Harbaugh on Andrew Luck

"It's okay to be smarter than everyone else, but you can't go around pointing it out!" – Mary Cooper

#10 krunk

krunk
  • 3374 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

That's what I was going to say. It looked like the air was covering Avery on that final TD. I didn't see anybody running with him

#11 Tsarquise

Tsarquise
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Irrelevant to the point I was making, but nice try.

Your point was that he never holds on to the interception. I got ya.

#12 The Lucky Neck Beard

The Lucky Neck Beard
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Didn't Lacey also push Luck into Florence on that interception? Luck may not have gotten to him in time to keep him out of the endzone... I think we should thank Lacey for that timely push.... it could have been a TD for Detroit. :)

#13 The Peytonator

The Peytonator
  • 2910 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

This has been Lacey's best season for us.

#14 The Fish

The Fish
  • 2355 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

I remember that one time Lacey made Powers look good.
"My cats cat breath smells like cat food"

#15 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7182 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

I thought he actually played a decent game.

Makes me wonder what guys like Lacey & Jennings could have done here with decent schemes and coverages.

Hopefully when we bring in more talent to the secondary. Our defense will be very good.

Yep. Scheme and coaching. Guys like Lace and Tim would most likely thrive here now.

#16 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

Yep. Scheme and coaching. Guys like Lace and Tim would most likely thrive here now.

Now it is just Davis and that is about it. Butler had a good game against Jags and has been up and down since. Vaughn is just horrid in pass coverage.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#17 Smonroe

Smonroe
  • 7182 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

Now it is just Davis and that is about it. Butler had a good game against Jags and has been up and down since. Vaughn is just horrid in pass coverage.

Good practice going against Megatron though. Everyone else should be a snap. Oh wait, he's not the only Johnson we face, is he?

#18 A GM

A GM
  • 1693 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

Funny how something as simple as a drag route ended up winning the game. That's what can happen when you actually use an outlet receiver instead of 5 go routes all game, Bruce

I am "A GM," ...therefore, my decisions are infallable

#19 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2391 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Good practice going against Megatron though. Everyone else should be a snap. Oh wait, he's not the only Johnson we face, is he?

Hopefully we have a different scheme against Andre.

#20 SupermanLuck12

SupermanLuck12
  • 2641 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Jason David would have made the play, lol :)
"In Grigson We Trust!"

#21 NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan
  • 7890 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

I know the thread is about Lacey.... but for what's it's worth, it struck me that Florence did a very nice job yesterday for detroit...

Seemed to be on a lot of Luck's 30 incompletions.... caught my eye....

#22 Chicago-Colts Fan1287

Chicago-Colts Fan1287
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

I'm pretty certain the Lions watched tape on Andrew Luck tackling people, and when they saw him running towards them with Avery, they said "we're good, you may have the endzone fine Sir".

Hahaha great post.

COLTS TICKETS!

Single Game Tickets Available!

BUY THEM TODAY!
Join the Stampede!

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      01 Sep
    T Y Goodbye

JOES LEAGUE..I am getting sick, and not feeling well..I'll try to be on as much as possible to help with fixing the draft errors..I need you all to cooperate and rop the players you actually didnt draft and then in a day or 2 put in a waiver request for those you did draft...I may not be on but i['ll try...sorry guys

View All Updates