Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gbrads_rants

Guess who was covering Avery on that final play?

22 posts in this topic

IND_The Catch_728x90

No one covered him. It was basically prevent defense. Avery was by himself the whole time.

Lacey almost got an interception two plays earlier, by the way.

1 person likes this

Ahh good ol' Lacey, with the "Almost" INT :D

Ahh good ol' Lacey, with the "Almost" INT :D

The point is, is that he defended the pass, preventing a completion.

Lacey may have been the one that should have made the tackle, but nobody was covering him for his route. He was the underneath man and the DBs were covering deep zones.

I thought he actually played a decent game.

Makes me wonder what guys like Lacey & Jennings could have done here with decent schemes and coverages.

Hopefully when we bring in more talent to the secondary. Our defense will be very good.

2 people like this

I'm pretty certain the Lions watched tape on Andrew Luck tackling people, and when they saw him running towards them with Avery, they said "we're good, you may have the endzone fine Sir".

7 people like this

No one covered him. It was basically prevent defense. Avery was by himself the whole time.

Watch the play again, he was supposed to come up for Avery but decided to go further back in coverage

The point is, is that he defended the pass, preventing a completion.

Irrelevant to the point I was making, but nice try.

That's what I was going to say. It looked like the air was covering Avery on that final TD. I didn't see anybody running with him

1 person likes this

Irrelevant to the point I was making, but nice try.

Your point was that he never holds on to the interception. I got ya.

Didn't Lacey also push Luck into Florence on that interception? Luck may not have gotten to him in time to keep him out of the endzone... I think we should thank Lacey for that timely push.... it could have been a TD for Detroit. :)

1 person likes this

I remember that one time Lacey made Powers look good.

I thought he actually played a decent game.

Makes me wonder what guys like Lacey & Jennings could have done here with decent schemes and coverages.

Hopefully when we bring in more talent to the secondary. Our defense will be very good.

Yep. Scheme and coaching. Guys like Lace and Tim would most likely thrive here now.

Yep. Scheme and coaching. Guys like Lace and Tim would most likely thrive here now.

Now it is just Davis and that is about it. Butler had a good game against Jags and has been up and down since. Vaughn is just horrid in pass coverage.

Now it is just Davis and that is about it. Butler had a good game against Jags and has been up and down since. Vaughn is just horrid in pass coverage.

Good practice going against Megatron though. Everyone else should be a snap. Oh wait, he's not the only Johnson we face, is he?

Funny how something as simple as a drag route ended up winning the game. That's what can happen when you actually use an outlet receiver instead of 5 go routes all game, Bruce

Good practice going against Megatron though. Everyone else should be a snap. Oh wait, he's not the only Johnson we face, is he?

Hopefully we have a different scheme against Andre.

I know the thread is about Lacey.... but for what's it's worth, it struck me that Florence did a very nice job yesterday for detroit...

Seemed to be on a lot of Luck's 30 incompletions.... caught my eye....

I'm pretty certain the Lions watched tape on Andrew Luck tackling people, and when they saw him running towards them with Avery, they said "we're good, you may have the endzone fine Sir".

Hahaha great post.