•  

Photo

Requisite Thread: Raiders To Release LB Rolando McClain?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Casserly

Brian Casserly
  • 3366 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

Okay, here is the sell: He played in a 3/4 defense at Bama where he was a unanimous All-American (2009), First-team All-SEC (2008, 2009), Butkus Award (2009), Lambert Award (2009), SEC Defensive Player of the Year (2009), played in the SEC Championship (2009), and BCS National Championship (2010).

Was drafted by the lowly Raiders where the hall of fame, wizardlike braintrust (sarcasm) of Jason Tarver (?) and Johnny Holland (?) has continued to place this square peg into a round hole, running him in a 4/3 defense.

Here's the implication: He cannot play in a 4/3. He's stuck in the NFL backwater that is the Oakland Raiders and in truth he is a caged animal waiting to be unleashed.

Here's the hook: The Indianapolis Colts run a base 3/4 Defense.

Ipso Facto: He joins the Colts and turns from turd to Pro-Bowler. ;)

Everyone locked & loaded? Have at it.

* After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the New England Patriots $250,000.00 for cheating and stripped them of their 1st round draft selection in the 2008 NFL draft. ** After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the New England Patriots' head coach Bill Belichick $500,000.00 (the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 93-year history) for cheating.

Game Rewind: Relive every NFL moment…subscribe to Game Rewind.

#2 CjMcGirt23

CjMcGirt23
  • 583 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:44 AM

He will go to the waiver wire and we will not have a chance. Even if we did, we have depth at mlb so we don't need to take a flyer on someone with character issues. If the raiders don't want you, we sure shouldn't.
CjMcGirt23

#3 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

He is not that good and was cut for good reason. They guy is a thug and should be in prison right now.

#4 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:44 AM

MLB is the one place we actually have a little depth, don't think we could get him anyway.

#5 Gavin

Gavin
  • 16320 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:50 AM

I'd kick the tires if we get the chance, The Raiders have been a mess since Gannon retired so I wouldn't be surprised at all, Never been a fan of Palmer and the way he quit on Cincy and seeing as how he is the leader of that team I would not be shocked to find that locker room a mess

#6 SteelCityColt

SteelCityColt
  • 3358 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

What is the current situation regarding waivers? I know we'd have been first at the start of the season but have we moved back now?

#7 bayone

bayone

bayone

• 7005 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:56 AM

What is the current situation regarding waivers? I know we'd have been first at the start of the season but have we moved back now?

its based on current record and playoff seating, that's why when Colts wanted the texan returner Holiday he went to denver as that 1 week Denver had 1 less win
Forgive any typos, try to catch, but have multiple progressive disabilities

#8 Tark The Shark

Tark The Shark
  • 2388 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:04 AM

I would rather not.

Rolando is a good player but right now, the Raiders are cleaning house.

And character issues? We are one of the classiest teams, I would rather not sign somebody that would jeopardize that.
“Pressure is something you feel when you don't know what the heck you're doing.”- Peyton Manning

#9 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10640 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

I'd kick the tires if we get the chance, The Raiders have been a mess since Gannon retired so I wouldn't be surprised at all, Never been a fan of Palmer and the way he quit on Cincy and seeing as how he is the leader of that team I would not be shocked to find that locker room a mess

That would just be a total 'shocker' if any Raider locker room was a mess....... :clap:(Doing a nice JOKER clap on this one) The Raiders are a MESS! :nutz: :explode:

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#10 Ohio Colt

Ohio Colt
  • 2239 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

I would sign up in a HEARTBEAT! I always thought he would be a great NFL player. I would have a zero tolerance policy though.

#11 Truckin Sanders

Truckin Sanders
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Signing him would be worth a shot
Sure he may have an attitude problem but playing for a team like the raiders can start a career off in the wrong path.
Playoffs 2015

#12 BrentMc11

BrentMc11
  • 10640 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

I would sign up in a HEARTBEAT! I always thought he would be a great NFL player. I would have a zero tolerance policy though.

Love the zero tolerance Ohio Colt....I stay by my usual guns on character issues. I would not sign him, but we do have some vets that may be able to keep him in check....WOW...do I really have an open mind? :sarcasm:

Change is good!  

BrentMc11

#13 betheafan41

betheafan41
  • 1255 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

honestly i wouldnt mind giving him a chance.... the guy could prob benefit alot more being away from oakland. Oakland is really not a good place for players right now, they dont know if they want to compete now or rebuild. but as is said in alot of posts he prob wont make it to us. i can actually see KC or Jacksonville getting him

Believe In Blue!!!

#14 braveheartcolt

braveheartcolt
  • 4140 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:46 AM

As long as it is not the same zero tolerence policy we used with Ed Johnson.
"If I make a comment and it is not backed up by factual evidence, take it as my opinion, and my opinion only"....

#15 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9029 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

He is not that good and was cut for good reason. They guy is a thug and should be in prison right now.

:lol: Foul man

Apple Juice keeps me sane, society doesn't

Apple Juice relaxes my mind, society doesn't

#16 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9029 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

Honestly people Said the same thing about Vontae Davis "bad behavior" but he's been fine. The reality of it is that all you need is a good environment around you. I'm sure we could turn him into a goodfella

#17 oldunclemark

oldunclemark
  • 12947 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

He will go to the waiver wire and we will not have a chance. Even if we did, we have depth at mlb so we don't need to take a flyer on someone with character issues. If the raiders don't want you, we sure shouldn't.

This is a short discussion....McGirt is right 3 times...Cant get him..dont want him...if we could get him

#18 Playmaker

Playmaker
  • 96 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:17 PM

:lol: Foul man

He put a gun to a guys head and fired off a warning shot right next to his head. Any normal citizen would be in jail.

#19 GrizzColt

GrizzColt
  • 1088 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Are football players inherit thugs or are inherit thugs attracted to football or do the steroids they take, errr don't take, turn them into thugs?

#20 TKnight24

TKnight24
  • 9029 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

He put a gun to a guys head and fired off a warning shot right next to his head. Any normal citizen would be in jail.

Wow, I never knew that

#21 Brian Casserly

Brian Casserly
  • 3366 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:14 PM

My kinda gangsta!

* After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the New England Patriots $250,000.00 for cheating and stripped them of their 1st round draft selection in the 2008 NFL draft. ** After a thorough investigation, the NFL fined the New England Patriots' head coach Bill Belichick $500,000.00 (the largest fine ever imposed on a coach in the league's 93-year history) for cheating.

#22 Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman
  • 912 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Great news for those wanting McClain - he's already been spotted in Colts colors!

Posted Image

COLTS TICKETS!

Join the Season Ticket Wait List!

Game Rewind: Indianapolis Colts

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      18 Apr
    Bogie

The Fender Stratocaster turned 60, Happy Birthday to the man's best friend. You can never go wrong with a good strat, never.

Show comments (3)
  • Photo
      16 Apr
    ColtsBTM12

I saw in the Colts mailbag that Nicks will wear number 14. That's weird. I wish they would have just given him 88. Marvin was great, but you don't have to retire everyone's number that's ever been good on your team.

Show comments (3)
View All Updates