Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HarassedOffTheSite

Requisite Thread: Raiders To Release LB Rolando McClain?

22 posts in this topic

Okay, here is the sell: He played in a 3/4 defense at Bama where he was a unanimous All-American (2009), First-team All-SEC (2008, 2009), Butkus Award (2009), Lambert Award (2009), SEC Defensive Player of the Year (2009), played in the SEC Championship (2009), and BCS National Championship (2010).

Was drafted by the lowly Raiders where the hall of fame, wizardlike braintrust (sarcasm) of Jason Tarver (?) and Johnny Holland (?) has continued to place this square peg into a round hole, running him in a 4/3 defense.

Here's the implication: He cannot play in a 4/3. He's stuck in the NFL backwater that is the Oakland Raiders and in truth he is a caged animal waiting to be unleashed.

Here's the hook: The Indianapolis Colts run a base 3/4 Defense.

Ipso Facto: He joins the Colts and turns from turd to Pro-Bowler. ;)

Everyone locked & loaded? Have at it.

1 person likes this

He will go to the waiver wire and we will not have a chance. Even if we did, we have depth at mlb so we don't need to take a flyer on someone with character issues. If the raiders don't want you, we sure shouldn't.

He is not that good and was cut for good reason. They guy is a thug and should be in prison right now.

I'd kick the tires if we get the chance, The Raiders have been a mess since Gannon retired so I wouldn't be surprised at all, Never been a fan of Palmer and the way he quit on Cincy and seeing as how he is the leader of that team I would not be shocked to find that locker room a mess

2 people like this

What is the current situation regarding waivers? I know we'd have been first at the start of the season but have we moved back now?

What is the current situation regarding waivers? I know we'd have been first at the start of the season but have we moved back now?

its based on current record and playoff seating, that's why when Colts wanted the texan returner Holiday he went to denver as that 1 week Denver had 1 less win

I would rather not.

Rolando is a good player but right now, the Raiders are cleaning house.

And character issues? We are one of the classiest teams, I would rather not sign somebody that would jeopardize that.

I'd kick the tires if we get the chance, The Raiders have been a mess since Gannon retired so I wouldn't be surprised at all, Never been a fan of Palmer and the way he quit on Cincy and seeing as how he is the leader of that team I would not be shocked to find that locker room a mess

That would just be a total 'shocker' if any Raider locker room was a mess....... :clap:(Doing a nice JOKER clap on this one) The Raiders are a MESS! :nutz::explode:
1 person likes this

I would sign up in a HEARTBEAT! I always thought he would be a great NFL player. I would have a zero tolerance policy though.

Signing him would be worth a shot

Sure he may have an attitude problem but playing for a team like the raiders can start a career off in the wrong path.

I would sign up in a HEARTBEAT! I always thought he would be a great NFL player. I would have a zero tolerance policy though.

Love the zero tolerance Ohio Colt....I stay by my usual guns on character issues. I would not sign him, but we do have some vets that may be able to keep him in check....WOW...do I really have an open mind? :sarcasm:

honestly i wouldnt mind giving him a chance.... the guy could prob benefit alot more being away from oakland. Oakland is really not a good place for players right now, they dont know if they want to compete now or rebuild. but as is said in alot of posts he prob wont make it to us. i can actually see KC or Jacksonville getting him

As long as it is not the same zero tolerence policy we used with Ed Johnson.

He is not that good and was cut for good reason. They guy is a thug and should be in prison right now.

:lol: Foul man

Honestly people Said the same thing about Vontae Davis "bad behavior" but he's been fine. The reality of it is that all you need is a good environment around you. I'm sure we could turn him into a goodfella

He will go to the waiver wire and we will not have a chance. Even if we did, we have depth at mlb so we don't need to take a flyer on someone with character issues. If the raiders don't want you, we sure shouldn't.

This is a short discussion....McGirt is right 3 times...Cant get him..dont want him...if we could get him

:lol: Foul man

He put a gun to a guys head and fired off a warning shot right next to his head. Any normal citizen would be in jail.

Are football players inherit thugs or are inherit thugs attracted to football or do the steroids they take, errr don't take, turn them into thugs?

He put a gun to a guys head and fired off a warning shot right next to his head. Any normal citizen would be in jail.

Wow, I never knew that

My kinda gangsta!