Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Requisite Thread: Raiders To Release LB Rolando McClain?

HarassedOffTheSite

Okay, here is the sell: He played in a 3/4 defense at Bama where he was a unanimous All-American (2009), First-team All-SEC (2008, 2009), Butkus Award (2009), Lambert Award (2009), SEC Defensive Player of the Year (2009), played in the SEC Championship (2009), and BCS National Championship (2010).

Was drafted by the lowly Raiders where the hall of fame, wizardlike braintrust (sarcasm) of Jason Tarver (?) and Johnny Holland (?) has continued to place this square peg into a round hole, running him in a 4/3 defense.

Here's the implication: He cannot play in a 4/3. He's stuck in the NFL backwater that is the Oakland Raiders and in truth he is a caged animal waiting to be unleashed.

Here's the hook: The Indianapolis Colts run a base 3/4 Defense.

Ipso Facto: He joins the Colts and turns from turd to Pro-Bowler. ;)

Everyone locked & loaded? Have at it.

I'd kick the tires if we get the chance, The Raiders have been a mess since Gannon retired so I wouldn't be surprised at all, Never been a fan of Palmer and the way he quit on Cincy and seeing as how he is the leader of that team I would not be shocked to find that locker room a mess

What is the current situation regarding waivers? I know we'd have been first at the start of the season but have we moved back now?

its based on current record and playoff seating, that's why when Colts wanted the texan returner Holiday he went to denver as that 1 week Denver had 1 less win

I'd kick the tires if we get the chance, The Raiders have been a mess since Gannon retired so I wouldn't be surprised at all, Never been a fan of Palmer and the way he quit on Cincy and seeing as how he is the leader of that team I would not be shocked to find that locker room a mess

That would just be a total 'shocker' if any Raider locker room was a mess....... :clap:(Doing a nice JOKER clap on this one) The Raiders are a MESS! :nutz::explode:

I would sign up in a HEARTBEAT! I always thought he would be a great NFL player. I would have a zero tolerance policy though.

Love the zero tolerance Ohio Colt....I stay by my usual guns on character issues. I would not sign him, but we do have some vets that may be able to keep him in check....WOW...do I really have an open mind? :sarcasm:

honestly i wouldnt mind giving him a chance.... the guy could prob benefit alot more being away from oakland. Oakland is really not a good place for players right now, they dont know if they want to compete now or rebuild. but as is said in alot of posts he prob wont make it to us. i can actually see KC or Jacksonville getting him

He will go to the waiver wire and we will not have a chance. Even if we did, we have depth at mlb so we don't need to take a flyer on someone with character issues. If the raiders don't want you, we sure shouldn't.

This is a short discussion....McGirt is right 3 times...Cant get him..dont want him...if we could get him