Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New York Jets Players Diss Tebow

krunk

This would be the perfect time for the Jags to make a trade for Tebow, IMO. They would get him for dirt cheap (6th or 7th round pick), and probably at least keep the tarps away for a brief while. :)

I think Tebow is close to being finished in the NFL. Not unless he decides to be as smart as Michael Robinson and become a fullback to prolong his career. I think he would make a heck of a fullback all jokes aside.

I think Tebow is close to being finished in the NFL. Not unless he decides to be as smart as Michael Robinson and become a fullback to prolong his career. I think he would make a heck of a fullback all jokes aside.

I agree, he would be a good FB, but I'd be shocked if he was willing. He has a brilliant career as a preacher or politician waiting for him. I find him really interesting; I don't know any figure who gets as much exposure as he does while being impossible to penetrate than him.

I agree, he would be a good FB, but I'd be shocked if he was willing. He has a brilliant career as a preacher or politician waiting for him. I find him really interesting; I don't know any figure who gets as much exposure as he does while being impossible to penetrate than him.

He'll probably be content to go into ministry, because his football pride may be too much to allow him to be anything other than a quarterback heading into the future. If he can deal with it, then I can see him being a successful fullback.

Why did Elway send him to the Jets instead of the Jags who were offering a better 4th round pick? Or did Tebow want to go where he felt he could start? Not sure of the exact facts around the trade.

It's hard to say exactly why Elway did what he did, but it's true that Tebow was consulted if not given a choice and he picked NY. I think it's either 1) Elway genuinely cared for him as he's always said and wanted to make sure he was taken care of, or 2) He was afraid of the further hostility coming from tebowmaniacs for going with Peyton.

It's hard to say exactly why Elway did what he did, but it's true that Tebow was consulted if not given a choice and he picked NY. I think it's either 1) Elway genuinely cared for him as he's always said and wanted to make sure he was taken care of, or 2) He was afraid of the further hostility coming from tebowmaniacs for going with Peyton.

From What i heard Elway gave him a choice, i could be wrong thow

If you ask me, it's embarrassing to see stuff like this. Tebow has done nothing wrong in New York. He has shown up to work each day, worked hard, and that's all. He has never complained about having to deal with an obnoxious coaching staff, he has never complained about having to be the backup to arguably the worst starter in the league, he has never complained about the Jets using him in random positions, he has never complained when people have criticized him.

There is absolutely no leadership in that locker room. Tebow is the best leader the Jets have and it isn't even close. Ryan is not a good leader, Sanchez is not a good leader, same with Holmes, and Bart Scott too. The Jets players should be embarrassed. I know I certainly would be if I was part of that organization. Not only do they not have the guts to say their names (with the exception of Slauson), but they say this kind of stuff to the media instead of keeping it in house.

If I were Tebow, I would have asked for a trade or a release or something. Heck, I would even let them void my contract just so I could get out of that organization. But Tebow is too classy and too much of a leader to do any of that stuff. He will turn the other cheek and go back to work to make himself better than he was yesterday. A lot of the people in that Jets' organization could learn a lot from Tebow and to be frank, they need Tebow and his leadership. This kind of stuff is simply embarrassing, if you ask me.

When's the last time you heard about something like this coming from a successful franchise? When's the last time anyone on the Pats did anything like this about a teammate? Or the Steelers? Packers? I feel bad for Tebow, I feel even worse for the Jets' fans, and I feel even worse for the Jets' players and coaches having to deal with this sort of stuff and not having the common sense and classiness to support a player in their locker room. As long as you have people like Rex Ryan and Mark Sanchez as your "leaders", you won't be going very far.

I am 100% convinced the media will say and do anything to make sure he stays in the spotlight like he does. I quit watching ESPN because I got sick to death of hearing Tebow every other ten seconds. When people thought their obsession with Tiger Woods was bad for the last 3 years, they totally topped it with the Tebow love affair. The Jets also love the spotlight, they have a coach that runs his mouth, players that arrogantly constantly have to run their mouths before a game, it just adds fuel to the flames since E!SPN never gets enough of this.

And I hate to break it to you, but look at his stats....they speak for themselves with the definition of terrible, in the days of video game NFL football where even bad QB's can put up good numbers.

The Jets are overrated garbage, and everyone knew that before the season started when ESPN was camped out there as if it was a Super Bowl team. Sorta like how when the Giants were in the Super Bowl, you heard about Tebow more than you did the 2 QB's playing in the game that mattered.

I dont like that the Jets players are talking trash about the guy openly. The kid def. doesnt deserve that. Having said that... what they are saying is true.

Youre in trouble as a team if you have to start Tebow.

I just love when I hear the line "Tebow is a winner and finds ways to win games" from the homers. The funny part is Sanchez has gone to two AFC title games but apparently that isnt as impressive as Tebow's one year of beating a bunch of bad teams off a ton of fluky plays and going 7-4.

I admit that Sanchez isnt anything to write home about but I really dont see how Tebow and his ground balls he throws is going to improve this team. They dont have any playmakers and the O-line is bad. They are just a mess in general.

I dont like that the Jets players are talking trash about the guy openly. The kid def. doesnt deserve that. Having said that... what they are saying is true.

Youre in trouble as a team if you have to start Tebow.

I just love when I hear the line "Tebow is a winner and finds ways to win games" from the homers. The funny part is Sanchez has gone to two AFC title games but apparently that isnt as impressive as Tebow's one year of beating a bunch of bad teams off a ton of fluky plays and going 7-4.

I admit that Sanchez isnt anything to write home about but I really dont see how Tebow and his ground balls he throws is going to improve this team. They dont have any playmakers and the O-line is bad. They are just a mess in general.

Well Sanchize I think completing just over 50% of his passes and NO one is afraid of him running.... So of the two the one that teams would actually have to prep for would be tebow.. (Mind you not saying much as they are both EQUALLY bad passers. But Tebow can run!)

I dont care how BAD someone looks in practice you dont call them out to the media EVER they are your teammate have a little class! Oh wait these are JET players.. so no class anyways.

Their D was cooking at all levels when they made it to the 2 AFCC games. Flacco made it to 2 AFCC games too. But neither have a SB appearance to show for. Out of those 4 losses for Sanchez and Flacco, Big Ben has 2, Brady has 1 and Peyton has 1 SB appearance with only Big Ben winning one, just goes to show you the recent NFC dominance.

Their D was cooking at all levels when they made it to the 2 AFCC games. Flacco made it to 2 AFCC games too. But neither have a SB appearance to show for. Out of those 4 losses for Sanchez and Flacco, Big Ben has 2, Brady has 1 and Peyton has 1 SB appearance with only Big Ben winning one, just goes to show you the recent NFC dominance.

Yeah im not saying Sanchez is good im just pointing out the hypocrisy of the Tebowites when they start talking about all the winner stuff. Tebow had a ton of help from his defense and a ton of fluky plays...all against pretty horrific teams....just to even get into the playoffs.

That whole organization is a mess top to bottom and it starts with Rex Ryan, he has no control over that team, Bart Scott is not worth the trouble, I dont get the Tebow hate, is he a good QB? No, is he awful? no, he came in and carried that Bronco team to the playoffs whether anyone wants to say it or not, That Bronco defense was near the bottom of the league in points and yards, did they play better when Tebow came in? sure but Tebow was still a big part of that and they played slightly better still go that real good, Jets need to clean house

I'll be the first to admit I was a Tebow hater when he played at Florida (I'm also an Alabama fan, duurrr), but since being in the NFL I've done nothing but cheer for him. I remember specifically when he beat the Steelers last season in the playoffs. The crowd at Buffalo Wild Wings went insane during that game. While only 2-3 people in the whole restaurant had a Tebow jersey on, everyone was pulling for him. The hate he catches is just stupid for doing what? Being a good guy? A team player? Someone who does what he is told and has immense faith in God? It's a joke. Almost any other NFL team would love to have him for certain plays and be darn happy about it. The whole Jets organization just needs to shut up and be more concerned about winning games and not acting like they are the best team in the NFL when they clearly aren't. I can't wait to Tebow to come in and force Sanchez to the backup role.