Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

26-24 Great Effort but a Little Short....

BrentMc11

For those Colt fans that are getting refreshed after a nice NFL battle last night, here is Mike Chappell's Indy Star report on the game. Not much said on Robert Mathis and his shoulder injury, Pagano is hoping Redding will be OK, and are prayers need to go out to Austin Collie. Enjoy the read, and I hope your Monday August 20 is a great one!!

I know I am sometimes really down after the games the Colts lose. I was once again proud of the TEAM effort. Feel free to post your examples.

http://www.indystar....sburgh-Steelers

Great read and recap. Its always nice to see credit go where it is due.

I know I have been barking about special teams all preseason. We had a punt blocked.....which cost us. We had a 53 yard field goal by AV to give us momentum and the lead at the half, and more of a 'mitt' on the final FG wins the game for us,.

Besides the blocked punt the special teams are showing signs of being special......lets keep our fingers crossed :)

I loved seeing that this team is resilient. They didn't quit, not one of them. That to me is the most important thing we learned from last night. We have some fighters on this team, especially AL, he could have easily folded after the pick 6 and that would have been okay, or for better words, expected, because he's a rookie. The fact that he brought his team back for a halftime lead speaks volumes to me!

I loved seeing that this team is resilient. They didn't quit, not one of them. That to me is the most important thing we learned from last night. We have some fighters on this team, especially AL, he could have easily folded after the pick 6 and that would have been okay, or for better words, expected, because he's a rookie. The fact that he brought his team back for a halftime lead speaks volumes to me!

Two STRONG 80 yard drives after the pick 6...the spiking of the ball to set up AV's FG to give us a halftime lead....priceless indyD4U!!!!! Edited by BrentMc11

no time outs left for the last two minutes.. ? what's up with this? any thoughts regarding the decision to stop the TD in the last 1:55 vs. letting them score to get the ball back with time? Did they just want to see what the D line could do? That's what I was thinking. Worth is to send Luck back out for the last 30 seconds to get try out the hurry up offense? interesting decisions made in the last few minutes, but I understand it's only preseason.. my prayers for Collie and hopes that he is not injured and will be back. Well wishes for Mathis and Redding too!

no time outs left for the last two minutes.. ? what's up with this? any thoughts regarding the decision to stop the TD in the last 1:55 vs. letting them score to get the ball back with time? Did they just want to see what the D line could do? That's what I was thinking. Worth is to send Luck back out for the last 30 seconds to get try out the hurry up offense? interesting decisions made in the last few minutes, but I understand it's only preseason.. my prayers for Collie and hopes that he is not injured and will be back. Well wishes for Mathis and Redding too!

You coach to win, but you'd never give up the goal line reps in a practice game - those are gold. Maybe Pagano would choose differently in the reg season....Belichek would....but I'll be Belichek would take the goal line reps every time during the preseason.

I was unable to access the site yesterday, but I agree MIColtsFan. Looks like Mathis will be fine, and Redding out about a week. Collie does have a concussion, but it does NOT appear to be debilitating thank the goo Lord.

I am with you and the other posters. TOs would be there if real game. TOs called in preseason are often to 'teach' the players...positive and corrective feedback. If a real game.....the player would come out and get a Pagano butt chewing. :)

Our 1st team beat theirs. Their 3rd stringers beat ours. I'll take it.

I thought so too. But reading the Steeler boards, they claim they took out their 1st string D after they were up 14 - 0.

I dont know the Steelers well enough to know if that was true. Anyone?

For those Colt fans that are getting refreshed after a nice NFL battle last night, here is Mike Chappell's Indy Star report on the game. Not much said on Robert Mathis and his shoulder injury, Pagano is hoping Redding will be OK, and are prayers need to go out to Austin Collie. Enjoy the read, and I hope your Monday August 20 is a great one!!

I know I am sometimes really down after the games the Colts lose. I was once again proud of the TEAM effort. Feel free to post your examples.

http://www.indystar....sburgh-Steelers

Brent..dont get down after exhibition losses..neither side is really trying to win...

None of the injuries concern me for the team

..but I and very worried for Austin Collie should he decide to continue playing

Even though the Steelers scored 26 points, the Colt defense only gave up one TD. And the Steelers were 0-3 in the red zone (3 times in red zone and no TDs). On the other hand, the Colts offense was 3-3 in the red zone (3 times in the red zone and 3 TDs). I know its only preseason, but still....

Brent..dont get down after exhibition losses..neither side is really trying to win...

None of the injuries concern me for the team

..but I and very worried for Austin Collie should he decide to continue playing

Thanks unc.....I was not down this time....I am just so excited to see the effort in all 3 phases of the game. I am excited to see coaches teaching during the game instead of standing stoically on the sideline.

Collie seems as though he will be back....I would sit him the rest of the preseason and get him ready, Thoughts?

Probably a mix.

Polamalu and Ike Taylor made a mistake that almost led to TY Hilton getting behind them. If TY gets that TD, it would have been with a lot of 1st stringers playing. They were up 14-7 at that point. Our first TD, their starters were primarily there.

Second TD, I can agree that their 2nd stringers were there.

That is why it hurts to think that TY could have had a potential TD to tie the game with Polamalu and Ike Taylor looking on. Steelers' fans would have never had a chance to question it if it had happened on national TV. Darn you, TY!!!

Thanks unc.....I was not down this time....I am just so excited to see the effort in all 3 phases of the game. I am excited to see coaches teaching during the game instead of standing stoically on the sideline.

Collie seems as though he will be back....I would sit him the rest of the preseason and get him ready, Thoughts?

I dont know what to do...

Concusssion are cumulative..the more you have..the more you are likely to have...

..and he doesnt know how bad he is....he cant know..its his brain that's being injured

I agree about the pre-season......

...and until Mr. Irsay steps in and says no, you cannot play here anymore (and that day may come)

I'd let him do what he wishes. I wish his wife woud talk him into retiring, though. I sure mean that.

I dont know what to do...

Concusssion are cumulative..the more you have..the more you are likely to have...

..and he doesnt know how bad he is....he cant know..its his brain that's being injured

I agree about the pre-season......

...and until Mr. Irsay steps in and says no, you cannot play here anymore (and that day may come)

I'd let him do what he wishes. I wish his wife woud talk him into retiring, though. I sure mean that.

I feel strongly both ways (Kind of the like the old Billy Martin Lite Beer commercial :)) I love AC...and feel he has a rapport with number 12.....yet do not want to see him a 'mess' later in life with onset Alzheimers/early dementia,.

News from Junior Seau's autopsy reported NO brain trauma, and no alcohol or drugs in system. We may find out more as the Seau's have donated his brain tissue for study.

Polamalu and Ike Taylor made a mistake that almost led to TY Hilton getting behind them. If TY gets that TD, it would have been with a lot of 1st stringers playing. They were up 14-7 at that point. Our first TD, their starters were primarily there.

Second TD, I can agree that their 2nd stringers were there.

That is why it hurts to think that TY could have had a potential TD to tie the game with Polamalu and Ike Taylor looking on. Steelers' fans would have never had a chance to question it if it had happened on national TV. Darn you, TY!!!

Funny wayt to look at it Chad! Good job. As we all know the Steelers fans would say their number 1 defense was NEVER in the game since James Harrison did not play.

I for one am glad he did not.....it could have been that beast hitting AC with a helmet to helmet....as he so enjoys.

I feel strongly both ways (Kind of the like the old Billy Martin Lite Beer commercial :)) I love AC...and feel he has a rapport with number 12.....yet do not want to see him a 'mess' later in life with onset Alzheimers/early dementia,.

News from Junior Seau's autopsy reported NO brain trauma, and no alcohol or drugs in system. We may find out more as the Seau's have donated his brain tissue for study.

I think there a big differnce between being the hitter...and being the one struck...

..a defensive player with concusstion problems can change the way he strikes people....

a wide receiver can get knocked out every game...and there's nothing he can do about.

He's got a wife and a little baby boy son...

it was hard for me to watch him 2 years ago..and last year..we didn thave the QBs to throw the ball into tight spots wher he could get hurt...

now..with Andrew Luck..putting the ball to him in a crowd .........I'm afraid to watch

I think there a big differnce between being the hitter...and being the one struck...

..a defensive player with concusstion problems can change the way he strikes people....

a wide receiver can get knocked out every game...and there's nothing he can do about.

He's got a wife and a little baby boy son...

it was hard for me to watch him 2 years ago..and last year..we didn thave the QBs to throw the ball into tight spots wher he could get hurt...

now..with Andrew Luck..putting the ball to him in a crowd .........I'm afraid to watch

Me too.....the vicious hit by the 2 Eagles in 2010.....made me physically sick!! I will support any decision Collie, his family, and the Colts family that is made.

Me too.....the vicious hit by the 2 Eagles in 2010.....made me physically sick!! I will support any decision Collie, his family, and the Colts family that is made.

That hit by the eagles was one of the scariest things i have ever seen. Just seeing him laying there like a statue was scary.

That hit by the eagles was one of the scariest things i have ever seen. Just seeing him laying there like a statue was scary.

Exactly ahha.....just made me ill. Someone lying lifeless on the ground....'out like a light' was tough for this Old LB to take.