Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm going to speak now..

Indeee

I have been a lifelong Colts fan. From Baltimore days.. I'm 43. I was sad when P-Money left however I was also relieved. It was time. With that said:

I truly believe that our Colts have offense fire-power more so than past years. I know right? how can I say that based on what we've had over past 12 years. If we stay Injury free we will be X-plosive.

When we grabbed Avery I said to myself out of every WR in free agency here was such a high upside player at low cost I knew Grigson was on the money. This guy will be a beast if he stays on the field. I truly hope he does as I like Avery alot.

I see Luck as a Rodgers/Rothlisberger hybrid. When all is said and done Once Pags puts a top 10 defense on the field our Colts will win at least 3 Superbowls with the Caveman. I call luck Captain Caveman.

I know alot of us are excited as well should be but to me it's what is expected. Irsay, say what you will is not his father and he's given us change that was necessary and needed and his gut has given us Griggs.

Our draft class this year top to bottom will be the best draft class we have experienced in past 12 years. Griggs is darn good.

Go Colts!!

Down the stretch? They aren't even in the gate yet. They haven't even begun official practice laps.

At least this place is good for a good laugh.

I meant with all the Potential we have. When we had Peyton, we were guaranteed at least 10 Wins every Season (Besides his Rookie Year). But now, you don't know what to Expect. I've never been more Fired up for a Season than I am this one. It's going to be FULL of Surprises

I meant with all the Potential we have. When we had Peyton, we were guaranteed at least 10 Wins every Season (Besides his Rookie Year). But now, you don't know what to Expect. I've never been more Fired up for a Season than I am this one. It's going to be FULL of Surprises

That somewhat dispels logic.

Its funny you say that. I actually own a screenprinting company. Sadly though I hold no NFL licensing permit. Ha!!

A white shirt with blue block letters wouldn't be trademarked by the NFL.

Hanna-Barbera on the other hand might have issue with it.

I could have some fun with a screen printing machine.

Man I love the Colts and itching to watch them....but gosh people on here are HYPED! I also think people have way to high expectations. Full of surprises around here I think would be a big dose of reality once actual games start and we have to earn on the field what everyone around here thinks in their head is going to happen. Not going to be an easy year. I will love every win and I hope for a lot of them...but surprise to me would be like if we made it to 8-8...not the playoffs like I think some people got in their head! Call me pragmatic I guess.

Man I love the Colts and itching to watch them....but gosh people on here are HYPED! I also think people have way to high expectations. Full of surprises around here I think would be a big dose of reality once actual games start and we have to earn on the field what everyone around here thinks in their head is going to happen. Not going to be an easy year. I will love every win and I hope for a lot of them...but surprise to me would be like if we made it to 8-8...not the playoffs like I think some people got in their head! Call me pragmatic I guess.

I have no idea how the team will do this year, and am a little afraid to hope for much, but I'll side with the OP that I'm as excited about this upcoming season as I've been in a long time, and can't explain why. I loved watching PM, and am so eternally grateful for the show the Colts put on over the last umpteen years. Somehow, tho, regardless of how the team fares, I'm almost giddy about watching THIS team.

I have no idea how the team will do this year, and am a little afraid to hope for much, but I'll side with the OP that I'm as excited about this upcoming season as I've been in a long time, and can't explain why. I loved watching PM, and am so eternally grateful for the show the Colts put on over the last umpteen years. Somehow, tho, regardless of how the team fares, I'm almost giddy about watching THIS team.

I know exactly what you mean. But in the same breath, I agree with dgambill. I think he's a realist. Or at least he (and I) would like to see something on the field before believing we're anything more than a 3 or 4 win team. But still, a team with a very bright future.

It's going to be very interesting to read this forum if the Bears beat us by 30 or more. And I until I see a couple exhibition games and find out who are the starting O-line and DBs, I think that's entirely possible.

Down the stretch? They aren't even in the gate yet. They haven't even begun official practice laps.

At least this place is good for a good laugh.

I can always count on you for the post of the day and they usually make me laugh. :lol: Thanks I needed that.

I truly believe that our Colts have offense fire-power more so than past years. I know right? how can I say that based on what we've had over past 12 years.

That's actually not as crazy as it sounds. 2003-2004 production ain't gonna happen, but that's a high-bar for any club in this league.

Go Colts!!

Indeed.

:coltshelmet:MORE PLEASE

793637_o.gif

I know exactly what you mean. But in the same breath, I agree with dgambill. I think he's a realist. Or at least he (and I) would like to see something on the field before believing we're anything more than a 3 or 4 win team. But still, a team with a very bright future.

It's going to be very interesting to read this forum if the Bears beat us by 30 or more. And I until I see a couple exhibition games and find out who are the starting O-line and DBs, I think that's entirely possible.

Man my heart says we are going to be great and Luck is going to light it up with those receivers and the new defense will show some fire...but my head says be real man...this team has major holes...and a TON of guys that have never proven they can play at the level we are hoping they can. It could all come together...or fall apart really.

Its just hard for me....watched so many years before Peyton came along with the exception of a couple incredible years of Captain Comback (The only Captain I will ever acknowledge as a Colt lol) that we were sooo terrible...beyond hopeless. Many times games blacked out. Offense laughable...like a perpetual gag reel and to me the only real success I've known came from Peyton....its just hard to trust we will get that back so easily. We've drafted Jeff George and Steve Emtman and Trev Alberts tons of high draft picks that never worked out...just go back and look at our history. It is easy to say we are just going to turn it back into the Peyton era again but man...we don't realize it could just as easily flounder like those long years before....I too will wait and see and not let my heart break again....Peyton being forced out is enough heart break for me...its like your high school sweetheart breaking up with you...it takes awhile before you can let another in....I will cheer like heck but I'm not getting overly hyped until I have some reason to (like we show it on the field...not in a forum).

Man my heart says we are going to be great and Luck is going to light it up with those receivers and the new defense will show some fire...but my head says be real man...this team has major holes...and a TON of guys that have never proven they can play at the level we are hoping they can. It could all come together...or fall apart really.

Its just hard for me....watched so many years before Peyton came along with the exception of a couple incredible years of Captain Comback (The only Captain I will ever acknowledge as a Colt lol) that we were sooo terrible...beyond hopeless. Many times games blacked out. Offense laughable...like a perpetual gag reel and to me the only real success I've known came from Peyton....its just hard to trust we will get that back so easily. We've drafted Jeff George and Steve Emtman and Trev Alberts tons of high draft picks that never worked out...just go back and look at our history. It is easy to say we are just going to turn it back into the Peyton era again but man...we don't realize it could just as easily flounder like those long years before....I too will wait and see and not let my heart break again....Peyton being forced out is enough heart break for me...its like your high school sweetheart breaking up with you...it takes awhile before you can let another in....I will cheer like heck but I'm not getting overly hyped until I have some reason to (like we show it on the field...not in a forum).

you had me till the Manning being forced out. Manning wanted out, he knew it was unfair to the Colts and to Luck. He knew that we had to overhaul the team. I liked Manning just as much as the rest. But boy am I excited about this Colts TEAM. Future so bright, I gotta wear shades :)

I expect the Luck era to be similar to what Aaron Rodgers is doing. Brett Favre is an icon in Green Bay and put up huge numbers, but at the end of the day, he won one Super Bowl with the Packers. It took Aaron Rodgers only a couple of years to equal that feat. I am not saying Luck will be the QB that Manning is and was, but I think the actual team around him is going to be better. Pass happy teams that can't run are exciting to watch, but they don't win titles very often. They only time we ever did win a Super Bowl was when we suddenly started running and stopping the run. Not to see the glass half empty, but I will view Peyton's years here as missed opportunities. I will often wonder how many titles the Colts would have won had a better running attack and defense. Tom Brady is a perfect example of what a good defense can do. As good as Brady is, without that defense, no way they win any of the three rings.

The colts literally got better,younger, bigger and more aggressive on both sides. Its almost a gurantee the colts are gonna win more than five games. This isnt the 90s where it took a rebuilding team 3yrs to be competitive if luck can be an average qb with good numbers this team can have a .500 yr

I honestly believe if everyone stays healthy on the offense I could see 5-6 wins this year. From what I've been reading on some other sites, this isn't the Colts of old, where the reliability was strictly on Peyton. I'm glad Grigson has been aggressive with FA's and trades, cause even though Polian may eventually go into the HOF as a GM, his system was failing.......and fast. I think the reason I'm hyped for this season is due to the fact we have so many new faces and a lot of them have proven themselves. Let's hope all the moves pay off on the field.

im expecting 6 or 7 wins but no playoffs. with the schedule they have with games against minnesota, miami,cleveland, jax (whos only offense right now is MJD) Tennessee, and then there is the colts never being defeated at home against houston even last year with out manning. they should be able to beat these teams and jacksonville twice tennessee and houston once which would give 7 wins. again im not expecting playoffs, i wouldnt put that kind of pressure on luck his rookie year. especially with the whole team basically being new with the defensive scheme change, and practically awhole new offense being fielded. but by 2014 they should be playoff contenders.

you had me till the Manning being forced out. Manning wanted out, he knew it was unfair to the Colts and to Luck. He knew that we had to overhaul the team. I liked Manning just as much as the rest. But boy am I excited about this Colts TEAM. Future so bright, I gotta wear shades :)

Hope your shades aren't rose colored. :D JT sorry had to say it.

im expecting 6 or 7 wins but no playoffs. with the schedule they have with games against minnesota, miami,cleveland, jax (whos only offense right now is MJD) Tennessee, and then there is the colts never being defeated at home against houston even last year with out manning. they should be able to beat these teams and jacksonville twice tennessee and houston once which would give 7 wins. again im not expecting playoffs, i wouldnt put that kind of pressure on luck his rookie year. especially with the whole team basically being new with the defensive scheme change, and practically awhole new offense being fielded. but by 2014 they should be playoff contenders.

I think Vegas has it right. 5.5 is the betting line. I have them at 5, 6 wins tops. People just name off the schedule and say we are going to win this game and that...like it will actually happen. We might even pull an upset or two...but expecting to just beat teams without even playing a down...thats balls. Even when Peyton was here and we were going to Super Bowls we didn't just run the schedule nor did we win every game expected to win. I think the only time you can sit here and say we should win these games is when you have done it before and proven yourself. Then you can be expected. This team hasn't proven anything! I am sure they will be very competitive and I am sure we have a great shot at winning more games this year than last....but I don't look at a single game this year and say...if we don't beat that team...that is an upset. Vegas may give us odds on 3 games probably. We have great shots at Jacksonville, Miami, Minnesota, and Cleveland but none of those I would wager on.

I guess I'm just not the guy that takes anything for granted.