Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Again: Close to getting Luck deal Done....

NewColtsFan

By all means I wouldn't have taken that as mean statement. I just know that he was never healthy for a season and he had some nice 'ceps on him and all the speculation about HGH and PEDs, maybe it was a discreet story like Harrison's retirement.

Like I said before there is no offical proof but I can see why people wonder it.

Enough with the tweets Irsay, just get the freakin deal done with our top 3 rookies already.

Put Twitter down and deal!

Get it done!!

In the new CBA they put a cap on the R salaries so why is this taking so long?

Cut the crap and the tweets and just pay him.Luck will be a bust only if we dont put a great running game and defense together.We need more running game asap.

Lots of people who don't have millions of dollars on the table with this deal sure are antsy.

Reggie Wayne, Austin Collie, Donnie Avery, TY Hilton, Coby Fleener, Dwayne Allen, & LaVon Brazill. <-- So, is this not enough ”weapons“ for Luck?

The honest answer is..... we don't know.

Is Wayne too old?

Is Collie too injury prone?

Is Avery able to come back from a serious knee injury?

How good are Fleenr, Allen, Hilton and Brazill?

Do we have a respectable running game?

How good is the OL in front of Luck?

What we have -- today, at least -- are lots of questions. Now maybe most of the answers will be favorable. But we won't know for a while. Lots of questions in search of lots of answers. That's what we have right now.

(And we didn't even touch on the defense... but you get the idea... )

Excuse me? If you think I don't realize any of that then you don't know me...

1. I have been watching The Colts longer than you probably have been alive and understand the game and the working of contracts just fine thank you. If I need a lesson I willl be sure to ask. :lol:

2. The Twitter nonsense of a deal being close has arose a few times and quite frankly is not news! And yes I understand Twitter takes 2 seconds un-like a deal...there really is no sense re-tweeting the same thing over and over again unless something changes....now is there? :loco:

3. I understand that there is time left and that the top 8 haven't signed, I can read. :slaphead:

4. I also understand that I am not the only one tired of the "tweets" of a deal close yet you chose to single me out :hmm:

Your the One who said Get off twitter and get a deal done and left it at that. Don't attack me for responding to that one line sentence because I didn't agree with it.

I never said you were the only one either in fact I went out of my way to say people and not you implying it was more than just you. Also if you've been around here for awhile you would notice you aren't the first I've disagreed with who has brought up irsay's tweeting so no you were not singled out.

You are right I don't know you. It's the Internet. All I know is what you said and frankly I disagreed with that statement and told you why I do. That's what a forum is for and is no reason to get all huffy when someone does that.

Also just because you have been a colts fan for a long time doesn't mean you are somehow entitled to just to say whatever you want and not be questioned for it. I've been a colts fan for a long time self and have both been questioned and been wrong many times it happens. You being a colts fan for a long time also has no place debate I didn't question that or come close to doing so. That would be like me pointing out I've been on the forum longer than anyone other than maybe jj or dynasty. I was here when they had to shut it down after the 2003 afccg and revamp it with mods and what not. Honestly who cares? So why bring it up it does nothing to enhance the point.

Also if you notice my response started to you with if you honestly think because I was hoping you were just trying to make an attempt at a joke. From there I kept saying people to make sure I wasn't going right at you because I was addressing more than just you.

Now then this seems like an attempt to take something that wasn't personal and make it personal so i am going to leave this part of the debate here. Judging by the likes I got for my previous response I think several people understood and agreed with what I was saying. I hope now that I have explained myself you understand it was not some personal insult to directed at you.

Your the One who said Get off twitter and get a deal done and left it at that. Don't attack me for responding to that one line sentence because I didn't agree with it.

I never said you were the only one either in fact I went out of my way to say people and not you implying it was more than just you. Also if you've been around here for awhile you would notice you aren't the first I've disagreed with who has brought up irsay's tweeting so no you were not singled out.

You are right I don't know you. It's the Internet. All I know is what you said and frankly I disagreed with that statement and told you why I do. That's what a forum is for and is no reason to get all huffy when someone does that.

Also just because you have been a colts fan for a long time doesn't mean you are somehow entitled to just to say whatever you want and not be questioned for it. I've been a colts fan for a long time self and have both been questioned and been wrong many times it happens. You being a colts fan for a long time also has no place debate I didn't question that or come close to doing so. That would be like me pointing out I've been on the forum longer than anyone other than maybe jj or dynasty. I was here when they had to shut it down after the 2003 afccg and revamp it with mods and what not. Honestly who cares? So why bring it up it does nothing to enhance the point.

Also if you notice my response started to you with if you honestly think because I was hoping you were just trying to make an attempt at a joke. From there I kept saying people to make sure I wasn't going right at you because I was addressing more than just you.

Now then this seems like an attempt to take something that wasn't personal and make it personal so i am going to leave this part of the debate here. Judging by the likes I got for my previous response I think several people understood and agreed with what I was saying. I hope now that I have explained myself you understand it was not some personal insult to directed at you.

It actually was part joke/ part truth....but you chose to take it upon yourself to educate me like a child with a rather condesending retort but whatever...I had every right to post my "one liner", as you put it, as much as you had every right to post a long drawn out, condesending retort to it and then back again. Either way, I stand by my stance of tweeting the same thing multiple times over the past month plus seems to be a waste of time. That was my point...and really not worth arguing about :)

It actually was part joke/ part truth....but you chose to take it upon yourself to educate me like a child with a rather condesending retort but whatever...I had every right to post my "one liner", as you put it, as much as you had every right to post a long drawn out, condesending retort to it and then back again. Either way, I stand by my stance of tweeting the same thing multiple times over the past month plus seems to be a waste of time. That was my point...and really not worth arguing about :)

With that avatar I think you need to add this to each of your posts.. :)

With that avatar I think you need to add this to each of your posts.. :)

FJC,

I'm amazed that you found any Andrew Dice Clay clip that you could post with no swearing or curse words in it. Well Done FJC!!! You get 5 Gold Stars my friend. haha:thmup:

Could be, I never said that it wasn't. Innocent until proven guilty. In my opinion, did he use PED's? Probably, but that's just one man's opinion based on the circumstances.

I get the suspicion. I learned a while ago not to give anyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to PEDs, especially in baseball. However, I don't think the biceps idea is evidence of anything.

It is suspicious though when some players can workout non stop and not be cut like a Bob Sanders or a Laron Landry and for anyone that may cry that Landry may be on something what makes it so and what makes it that Bob isnt? just posing a question for those that may say Landry may be or was on something

It is suspicious though when some players can workout non stop and not be cut like a Bob Sanders or a Laron Landry and for anyone that may cry that Landry may be on something what makes it so and what makes it that Bob isnt? just posing a question for those that may say Landry may be or was on something

This dude? I just don't see it.

laron-landry-steroids.jpg

I get the suspicion. I learned a while ago not to give anyone the benefit of the doubt when it comes to PEDs, especially in baseball. However, I don't think the biceps idea is evidence of anything.

And you very well may be right. My whole suspicion comes from working out with guys in college who were juicing and they would tear tendons all the time just doing ordinary lifts, as a result. So while I do see red flags, it could all be coincidence as you say.

Again, I disagreed with your point and backed up why. That's what a forum is for. Again several other people liked my post so I don't think I was the only one who felt the way I did after reading your post. There is no reason to be so huffy over it. I never said you didn't have a right to post your one liner. Again in fact if you read my posts I am one of those who says anyone is welcomed to an opinion, including yours. With that said if you make posts like that be prepared for people to disagree with it and give you reasons why they disagree with it. All you are doing now is trying to deflect the issue and attempting to make this into something that it's not in that me disagreeing with your statement was some how a personal attack at you which it wasn't. Let's go back to the topic at hand your first post seems to suggest that Irsay being on twitter is some how keeping him from getting the deal done with Luck. Ignoring the fact that isn't Irsay's job for a moment it's Grigson's job please tell me how Irsay being on twitter is keeping him from getting a contract done with Luck?

Once you answer that tell me why would you want our owner doing the GM's job? Most people have made it clear they don't want Irsay doing the role of the GM and with good reason. If that's the case then why blame Irsay for not doing something that isn't his job and something that most people don't want him to do in the first place?

What I have noticed from most people (not saying you per say) is that there seems to still be some very ill feelings towards Jim Irsay probably related to the Peyton Manning and people take any shot they can at Irsay because of it. While those people have a right to feel that way people who are tired of seeing it have a right to stick up for their team's owner too.

If you just happen to have an issue with Irsay being on twitter that's fine. Personally I think people make way too big of a deal out of Irsay being on twitter it's not like he's running the team based on what people say to him on twitter. He's also not the one calling the day-to-day shots with the Colts that's Grigson who last check isn't on twitter. Frankly if Jim Irsay's twitter account keeps him busy and keeps him out of Grigson's office I think it's a good thing. All Irsay is trying to do with those tweets is showing a some what shaken fanbase that they are still committed to things and probably trying to answer some of the people who tweet him every day and ask is Luck close to a deal? If people truly have a problem with Irsay's twitter account just don't read it or stories about it. It can be ignored if you want it to be.

Again, I disagreed with your point and backed up why. That's what a forum is for. Again several other people liked my post so I don't think I was the only one who felt the way I did after reading your post. There is no reason to be so huffy over it. I never said you didn't have a right to post your one liner. Again in fact if you read my posts I am one of those who says anyone is welcomed to an opinion, including yours. With that said if you make posts like that be prepared for people to disagree with it and give you reasons why they disagree with it. All you are doing now is trying to deflect the issue and attempting to make this into something that it's not in that me disagreeing with your statement was some how a personal attack at you which it wasn't. Let's go back to the topic at hand your first post seems to suggest that Irsay being on twitter is some how keeping him from getting the deal done with Luck. Ignoring the fact that isn't Irsay's job for a moment it's Grigson's job please tell me how Irsay being on twitter is keeping him from getting a contract done with Luck?

Once you answer that tell me why would you want our owner doing the GM's job? Most people have made it clear they don't want Irsay doing the role of the GM and with good reason. If that's the case then why blame Irsay for not doing something that isn't his job and something that most people don't want him to do in the first place?

What I have noticed from most people (not saying you per say) is that there seems to still be some very ill feelings towards Jim Irsay probably related to the Peyton Manning and people take any shot they can at Irsay because of it. While those people have a right to feel that way people who are tired of seeing it have a right to stick up for their owner too.

If you just happen to have an issue with Irsay being on twitter that's fine. Personally I think people make way too big of a deal out of Irsay being on twitter it's not like he's running the team based on what people say to him on twitter. He's also not the one calling the day-to-day shots with the Colts that's Grigson who last check isn't on twitter. Frankly if Jim Irsay's twitter account keeps him busy and keeps him out of Grigson's office I think it's a good thing. All Irsay is trying to do with those tweets is showing a some what shaken fanbase that they are still committed to things and probably trying to answer some of the people who tweet him every day and ask is Luck close to a deal? If people truly have a problem with Irsay's twitter account just don't read it or stories about it. It can be ignored if you want it to be.

Again several other people liked my post so I don't think I was the only one who felt the way I did after reading your post. Many "liked" what Hitler, Mussolini and Manson said as well...didn't make them right ;)

If you just happen to have an issue with Irsay being on twitter that's fine. Bingo and you could have just asked me that. I know the differance in a GM and Owner's responsibilities...hence my statement of being a Colt's fan for a long time. I wrote 5 words, which were my opinion, and was hit with 3 paragraphs that wreaked of football 101....a little overkill don't ya think?

Anyhow, I choose to just let it go...if you can't it's on you.

Again several other people liked my post so I don't think I was the only one who felt the way I did after reading your post. Many "liked" what Hitler, Mussolini and Manson said as well...didn't make them right ;)

If you just happen to have an issue with Irsay being on twitter that's fine. Bingo and you could have just asked me that. I know the differance in a GM and Owner's responsibilities...hence my statement of being a Colt's fan for a long time. I wrote 5 words, which were my opinion, and was hit with 3 paragraphs that wreaked of football 101....a little overkill don't ya think?

Anyhow, I choose to just let it go...if you can't it's on you.

Really bringing Hitler into this? If you can't see the difference between someone pointing out that a few people agreed with their view point on a football message board and the murder of Innocent people I truly don't know what to tell you.

I figured by putting people in there with the rest that it would be clear that I was talking to more than just you. Your thought got me going as things do for people on a forum. As far as I know you've never once worried about Irsay over stepping his bounds and being too much of a GM. Yet others have but your comment lead right into that point which is why I went ahead and addressed it and made sure to say people rather than you so you would know it wasn't all directed at you.

This screams to me your more upset that you got caught a bit with your foot in your mouth than anything else. So you are going after me rather than just saying you don't really think that Irsay being on twitter is keeping Luck from getting his contract done. It sounds like to me now that your issue is with Irsay being on twitter on the first place. Had you said that in the first place we would have had a different conversation. You didn't though you made a one line remark that implied Irsay being on Twitter some how kept the contract from being done. I can do a lot of things but read minds isn't one of them. If that's all you are going to say those are kinds of responses you are going to get. I was trying to back up my point and explain to you why I felt the way I did rather than just say no your wrong or question if you knew what you were talking about and leave it at that. To me frankly the later is much more offensive than someone saying this is my view point and this is why which is all I did.

Again I would agree with you in that it's now time to let this go. There was no attempt at a personal attack on my end. I didn't say you weren't welcomed to your view point and I didn't question how long you had been a Colts fan. I've explained to you why I said what I said in response to you. I hope you understand. If you don't or don't agree with me so be it.

Really bringing Hitler into this? If you can't see the difference between someone pointing out that a few people agreed with their view point on a football message board and the murder of Innocent people I truly don't know what to tell you.

I figured by putting people in there with the rest that it would be clear that I was talking to more than just you. Your thought got me going as things do for people on a forum. As far as I know you've never once worried about Irsay over stepping his bounds and being too much of a GM. Yet others have but your comment lead right into that point which is why I went ahead and addressed it and made sure to say people rather than you so you would know it wasn't all directed at you.

This screams to me your more upset that you got caught a bit with your foot in your mouth than anything else. So you are going after me rather than just saying you don't really think that Irsay being on twitter is keeping Luck from getting his contract done. It sounds like to me now that your issue is with Irsay being on twitter on the first place. Had you said that in the first place we would have had a different conversation. You didn't though you made a one line remark that implied Irsay being on Twitter some how kept the contract from being done. I can do a lot of things but read minds isn't one of them. If that's all you are going to say those are kinds of responses you are going to get. I was trying to back up my point and explain to you why I felt the way I did rather than just say no your wrong or question if you knew what you were talking about and leave it at that. To me frankly the later is much more offensive than someone saying this is my view point and this is why which is all I did.

Again I would agree with you in that it's now time to let this go. There was no attempt at a personal attack on my end. I didn't say you weren't welcomed to your view point and I didn't question how long you had been a Colts fan. I've explained to you why I said what I said in response to you. I hope you understand. If you don't or don't agree with me so be it.

:facepalm::stir::trout:

Posted · Hidden by Superman, July 11, 2012 - personal insults
Hidden by Superman, July 11, 2012 - personal insults
:facepalm::stir::trout: Listen > I didn't get caught with my foot in my mouth! I stated my opinion...Mods this pile of crap is continuing an argument that I have graciously tried to stop but yet he continues! There is a rule against continuing an argument and this * keeps it going to do it despite my efforts to difuse it...
Posted · Hidden by Superman, July 11, 2012 - moderation
Hidden by Superman, July 11, 2012 - moderation

:facepalm::stir::trout: Listen > I didn't get caught with my foot in my mouth! I stated my opinion...Mods this pile of crap is continuing an argument that I have graciously tried to stop but yet he continues! There is a rule against continuing an argument and this * keeps it going to do it despite my efforts to difuse it...

You could have let it go instead of responding two days later...

Thread locked.