Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No Cbs

Colt .45

I have no clue what we're doing with our defense. We adding new pieces to it. It has me thinking we're adding a 3-4 package to our defense, but thats just me thinking. We do lack depth and experience at CB, but we do have players.

I'm not worried about the depth I'm more worried about the starters. Jerraud is fine, but Lacey is not a starter, and we could do better than Tryon and/or Thomas. I wouldn't mind getting a starting CB, but there aren't any good ones out there.

We could use one more solid CB, weather we being Hayden back or not. Not sure who else is out there, they do have Powers, Tryon, Lacey, Rucker & Thomas. I think Thomas will turn out solid, Powers will be great if he can stay healthy, Lacey maybe will improve (not sure), Tryon is an adequate backup thus far, and I have no idea how Rucker will do. I dont think we would really need more than one. I'm not worried about that position at all if everyone can stay healthy, but a savvy vet couldn't hurt, (if one is still out there for a good price).

I am worried about the depth (or lack of) at CB and S. We do have 7.1 mil free, but I don't want to see us sign some big name free agents. We have or starters in Bethea, Bullitt, Powers and Tryon/Lacey, I just want more depth. I would be fine with an undrafted rookie picked up for one or both safety positions and at least 1 more corner.

As long as we stay healthy we are okay. Keep in mind there is normally two or three undrafted kids who make the roster every year. Well clearly there are spots to be had in the secondary and frankly the Colts track record with Bullitt, Sliva, and Lacey is pretty good at finding undrafted guys who can play in the NFL in the secondary. If we do have a major injury and no one signs Hayden I am sure we'll give him a call since he knows our system. As for safety if we lose Bethea or Bullitt they Colts MIGHT reach out to Marlin Jackson, I don't think he's on anyones roster after all the injuries he has had and see if he can even still play. If so a move to safety something he did a little of here anyways might be good. That is probably beyond a long shot though.

I am worried about the depth (or lack of) at CB and S. We do have 7.1 mil free, but I don't want to see us sign some big name free agents. We have or starters in Bethea, Bullitt, Powers and Tryon/Lacey, I just want more depth. I would be fine with an undrafted rookie picked up for one or both safety positions and at least 1 more corner.

I think we are pretty much set at corner. We normally only keep five anyways and with Thomas and Rucker that rounds out the corner spot. Safety I would agree there is a spot if not two to be won there by someone.

We have 5 on the roster, and that's what we usually roll with. Adding more for depth seems like a waste of money at this juncture. $7.1 million isn't a lot in the NFL, and I'd rather save it for emergency mid-season signings, and to play around with Garcon, Gonzo, Wayne, and Mathis at seasons' end; as well as the slew of 1-year FA's we signed. We need that room if we plan on keeping anyone from those two respective groups on the team.

There's no one out there right now that jumps out as automatically better than who we have; plus, the player in question would have to learn our system.

i thought it was just me but i see its not they really startin to make me mad they say they only spend money on our players but just let 3 or more leave then they say they build though the draft and aint get no corner so what is they doin

i thought it was just me but i see its not they really startin to make me mad they say they only spend money on our players but just let 3 or more leave then they say they build though the draft and aint get no corner so what is they doin

They did get a corner....and like Wordofmouth said.....friggin what?

I think I have some spare ".", "," keys and a shift key for making caps from an old keyboard. If you want I could send them to you. I'll even throw in a "!" key if you want to yell at me.

Well i don't want to be the one who stirs up Asante Samuel talk again but his asking price is 2 second rounders.

I wonder if they would take our 2nds, since they're usually so late in the draft.

I always say that Samuel is one of Peytons favorite receivers. It would be nice if he were on our team.

All that being said, I think our CBs are pretty decent, but health is always a concern.

The more I see our CBs, I see why we haven't tried to sign anybody else via free agency. Rucker and Thomas have tremendous upside. I'm a little iffy on the safeties, but hopefully our D line can get constant pressure and we will not have to rely on our safeties much.

"i thought it was just me but i see its not they really startin to make me mad they say they only spend money on our players but just let 3 or more leave then they say they build though the draft and aint get no corner so what is they doin "

All I got out of that was got no corner in the draft...We kinda did. His name is Rucker and he won a lot of defensive awards at Mich. State. You should look into him.