Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most Useless player on each team for 2012

Coltman51

As expected from a BR article, they horribly botched at least one thing. Lorenzo Alexander is arguably one of our most valuable background contributors. Monumental special teams player and a team leader who has given us good minutes over the years when necessary at OG, DT, FB, DE, OLB, and ILB. The man does it all.

Wasn't reporting it as gospel or accurate, just as an interesting read. States that some of them may not make squad, just a look forward in a down time. I apoloize for posting and ruining your day. Won't put up anything else

It was interesting to look at but Bleacher Report just isn't known for coming out with credible work, I've known that before I joined this forum, post whatever you feel is good to post

Wasn't reporting it as gospel or accurate, just as an interesting read. States that some of them may not make squad, just a look forward in a down time. I apoloize for posting and ruining your day. Won't put up anything else

CM51,

You didn't ruin anyone's day. I value your wisdom, knowledge, & insights a great deal Coltman51. Don't let anyone on here make you feel ashamed or inadequate about expressing your viewpoints on the Forum. Loyalty to my friends is essential to me. Keep posting CM51. :thmup:

seriouscat.jpg

No, but seriously, that "article" is garbage.

CM51,

You didn't ruin anyone's day. I value your wisdom, knowledge, & insights a great deal Coltman51. Don't let anyone on here make you feel ashamed or inadequate about expressing your viewpoints on the Forum. Loyalty to my friends is essential to me. Keep posting CM51. :thmup:

Well it seems superman doesn't share that feeling. Getting to be too much hassle to post things or express an opinion. Easier to just read and keep my thoughts to myself. But thanks for your support and interest SW

Well it seems superman doesn't share that feeling. Getting to be too much hassle to post things or express an opinion. Easier to just read and keep my thoughts to myself. But thanks for your support and interest SW

I have no problem with you posting whatever you want to post, as long as it's within the rules. I just don't think the article has any value. I don't think you should take that personally.

Bleacher Report is a joke, I stopped reading after Kevin Kolb

Why? What has Kevin Kolb done to warrant such a big contract?

As expected from a BR article, they horribly botched at least one thing. Lorenzo Alexander is arguably one of our most valuable background contributors. Monumental special teams player and a team leader who has given us good minutes over the years when necessary at OG, DT, FB, DE, OLB, and ILB. The man does it all.

In my opinion, they botched many things. But saying Bleacher Report botched an article is like saying the sidewalk is wet after it rains.

That doesn't make him useless. He's their starting quarterback, and as such, is FAR from useless.

If this was about the most overpaid, or the worst contracts, or something like that, then he'd be a great fit. But he's not useless.

In my opinion, they botched many things. But saying Bleacher Report botched an article is like saying the sidewalk is wet after it rains.

the article wasnt really about a contract even if it brought it up, they overpaid Kolb yes, But look at it like this for a second, Pierre Garcon was offered a huge contract that to this point he hasnt proven worthy of it but its not his fault the Redskins are dumb enough to take that gamble he merely took the deal just like Kolb did. But it was about who was the most useless on the each team, I find it hard to believe at this point that Kolb is more useless then Skelton, if the Cardinals had an offensive line I think Kolb would prove to be better, not a world beater but better probably much better to, I find it comical really that anyone thinks Kolb or any mid level quarterback would be good behind what that O Line was last year, they gave up 54 sacks and 86 hits

That doesn't make him useless. He's their starting quarterback, and as such, is FAR from useless.

If this was about the most overpaid, or the worst contracts, or something like that, then he'd be a great fit. But he's not useless.

What has he done to help the team win? Has he made great comebacks? Does he read defenses very well? Does he throw the ball accurately? Does he not turn the ball over? I honestly think the Cardinals would be better without Kolb than with him

the article wasnt really about a contract even if it brought it up, they overpaid Kolb yes, But look at it like this for a second, Pierre Garcon was offered a huge contract that to this point he hasnt proven worthy of it but its not his fault the Redskins are dumb enough to take that gamble he merely took the deal just like Kolb did. But it was about who was the most useless on the each team, I find it hard to believe at this point that Kolb is more useless then Skelton, if the Cardinals had an offensive line I think Kolb would prove to be better, not a world beater but better probably much better to, I find it comical really that anyone thinks Kolb or any mid level quarterback would be good behind what that O Line was last year, they gave up 54 sacks and 86 hits

Skelton took that same O-line to a winning record. They ended the season with (I think) a 5-2 run.

What has he done to help the team win? Has he made great comebacks? Does he read defenses very well? Does he throw the ball accurately? Does he not turn the ball over? I honestly think the Cardinals would be better without Kolb than with him

The Cardinals were a complete mess last season. I think Kolb was put in a bad situation for him, since they didn't run an offense that would utilize his skill, and they didn't start doing anything until Haley was fired and Crennel took over. I'm not advocating for Kolb, I just don't think he's useless.

The Cardinals were a complete mess last season. I think Kolb was put in a bad situation for him, since they didn't run an offense that would utilize his skill, and they didn't start doing anything until Haley was fired and Crennel took over. I'm not advocating for Kolb, I just don't think he's useless.

The Chiefs had Haley and Crennel. The Cardinals stuck with the same coaching staff (Whisenhunt & Co.).

As RG3 said, the Cards had Whiz all season. And Skelton led the same team to a winning record

As RG3 said, the Cards had Whiz all season. And Skelton led the same team to a winning record

while throwing 11 touchdown and 14 interceptions and completing an awful 54.9 completion percentage and being sacked 23 times, Also the Cardinals defense helped, they were first in the league in getting off the field on 3rd down, they had a middle of the pack defense, Skeltons numbers, it might be fair to say Skelton has a bigger arm because he did get the ball deep more but Kolb had a higher completion percentage 57.7 (24th in the league which isnt good) but Skeltons was 54.9 .6 better then what was our very own Curtis Painter also a much better passer rating of 81.1 to Skelton 68.9. Kolb started 9 games, Skelton started 7

while throwing 11 touchdown and 14 interceptions and completing an awful 54.9 completion percentage and being sacked 23 times, Also the Cardinals defense helped, they were first in the league in getting off the field on 3rd down, they had a middle of the pack defense, Skeltons numbers, it might be fair to say Skelton has a bigger arm because he did get the ball deep more but Kolb had a higher completion percentage 57.7 (24th in the league which isnt good) but Skeltons was 54.9 .6 better then what was our very own Curtis Painter also a much better passer rating of 81.1 to Skelton 68.9. Kolb started 9 games, Skelton started 7

What did Kolb do to help the Cardinals win?

What did Kolb do to help the Cardinals win?

Took 7 less sacks other then that not alot if were looking at interceptions and touchdown comparison, But they did apparently throw the ball deep more, Kolb completed one more pass 40 or more yards then Skelton, Kolb (8) to Skeltons (7) Skelton completed 31 passes of 20+ yards while Kolb completed 23 passes of 20+. I certainly wouldnt say Skelton was a major reason they won those games, with the exception of sacks taken, both of their stats are close in comparison, I really dont care which is the starter of course, as they arent my team but I dont think Skelton or apparently not Kolb is the answer, but they had an awful offensive line last year

LOL. Tebow is the most useless player of the Jets

I disagree, he brings a positive influence and voice to that mess of a locker room and with his running ability he brings another dimension, not to mention Im not sold on Sanchez at quarterback, I dont know how Tebow would do their at QB but if I was a betting man, I would say we will find out sometime this season

The Chiefs had Haley and Crennel. The Cardinals stuck with the same coaching staff (Whisenhunt & Co.).

Wow. I was waay backward. I think its because Haley came from Arizona. I always do that.

I still don't think Kolb is useless. If he's used in a system that takes advantages of his strengths, he's capable of being a decent starter. And even if he's the backup, we should all know that a backup wuarterback is far from useless. Our 3rd stringer got us our only two wins last season.

I realize he had an off year in 2011, but calling Devin McCourty "useless" is funny even for Bleacher Report. I guess when Ochocinco got cut the author was scraping for a replacement.

I was never sold on McCourty. What gives for his off year? Was he battling an injury and didn't tell anyone? Was he under too much pressure having to face the opponent's number 1 WR?

This was on bleacher report so take it for what it is worth.

Found it to be an interesting read though.

http://bleacherrepor...in-2012/page/15

Everybody say what they want but the most useless player in the entire NFL is still a better player than anyone sitting at home blogging about who is the most useless...... :lol:

I know I'd love to make that "end of the pine" money.......

I disagree, he brings a positive influence and voice to that mess of a locker room and with his running ability he brings another dimension, not to mention Im not sold on Sanchez at quarterback, I dont know how Tebow would do their at QB but if I was a betting man, I would say we will find out sometime this season