Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Houston have the potential to be the best team in the league?

Jules

When the concerns that you are presenting aren't very concerning, that's where the problem starts. I don't like what I'm "hearing" because it is just small things blown up by a disgruntled Colts fan.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the concerns that you are presenting aren't very concerning, that's where the problem starts. I don't like what I'm "hearing" because it is just small things blown up by a disgruntled Colts fan.

I think O-line could be a concern, but as I've already said like 4 times now, I trust Caldwell to take over and play solid at RG, and we have SIX guys battling for ONE spot at RT. I have faith that the odds are in our favor and that one of those guys will step up and play well. Whoever it is, it'll take a little time to gel with the other members of the line.

I think O-line could be a concern, but as I've already said like 4 times now, I trust Caldwell to take over and play solid at RG, and we have SIX guys battling for ONE spot at RT. I have faith that the odds are in our favor and that one of those guys will step up and play well. Whoever it is, it'll take a little time to gel with the other members of the line.

Yeah you're right. We have a good back up for the guard spot as well, Brandon Brooks could probably play LG for Schaub's blindside. Guy is huge. And I hope it won't take too long for them to gel together and get into the groove...Foster will be looking for good holes early in the season haha.

Texans Schedule

Week 1 vs Miami Win (let the game of musical quarterbacks begin)

Week 2 @ Jacksonville Win (will be close)

Week 3 @ Denver Win (not sold on Denvers O Line)

Week 4 vs Titans Win (wonder if Locker will be the starting QB by that game)

Week 5 @ Jets Win (they are a mess, see week 1 statement)

Week 6 vs Green Bay Win (Green Bay lost some key pieces)

Week 7 vs Baltimore Loss (Ravens lost Suggs but they gained Upshaw)

Week 8 vs Buffalo Win (Bills getting better at least on paper but they aren't there yet)

Week 9 @ Bears Loss (Cutler actually has a weapon now, Marshall is a huge addition plus Forte at this point just may be showing his talents for a team to pick him up next year

Week 10 vs Jaguars Win (Show me you have what it takes Gabbert)

Week 11 @ Lions Loss (Lions improved secondary combined with already stout defensive line will play a key role)

Week 12 @ Titans Win (while Chris Johnson is a stud running back it appears to me he shows up when he wants to only)

Week 13 @ New England Loss (a healthy Gronk plus Brady means trouble for any team let alone a rookie linebacker)

Week 14 vs Colts Win (to many pieces still learning, suspect offensive line for the Colts and rookie Quarterback)

Week 15 vs Minnesota Win (Will Ponder improve from last year)

Week 16 @ Colts Loss (got to keep the streak going somehow)

11-5

Texans Schedule

Heart and mind say Broncos win.

Pretty sure the Jets gonna surprise everyone.

Packers still win.

Week 8 vs Buffalo Win (Bills getting better at least on paper but they aren't there yet)

Week 9 @ Bears Loss (Cutler actually has a weapon now, Marshall is a huge addition plus Forte at this point just may be showing his talents for a team to pick him up next year

Week 11 @ Lions Loss (Lions improved secondary combined with already stout defensive line will play a key role)

Week 12 @ Titans Win (while Chris Johnson is a stud running back it appears to me he shows up when he wants to only)

Week 13 @ New England Loss (a healthy Gronk plus Brady means trouble for any team let alone a rookie linebacker)

Week 14 vs Colts Win (to many pieces still learning, suspect offensive line for the Colts and rookie Quarterback)

Nice thought but probably wrong.

11-5

I think 9-7 is more like it, still gets the South.

I think 9-7 is more like it, still gets the South.

Manning is not going to be on que with the Broncos until probably midway through the season. The Packers loss I understand, but still think it is 50/50. And the Jets? Who got Tebowed last year? Barring a miraculous comeback from Tebow, who probably won't start until Week 6, I just don't see it.

Manning is not going to be on que with the Broncos until probably midway through the season.

Based on what?

When Drew Brees went to the Saints, they started out 5-1 before the bye, and Brees averaged 250 yards per game in that stretch. New coach, new coordinators, new receivers, a team that had been awful the year before, and Brees was coming off shoulder surgery. Why can't Manning click with the Broncos right away?

Manning is not going to be on que with the Broncos until probably midway through the season. The Packers loss I understand, but still think it is 50/50. And the Jets? Who got Tebowed last year? Barring a miraculous comeback from Tebow, who probably won't start until Week 6, I just don't see it.

Just wondering I think I missed some news but who did the Packers lose

Texans Schedule

11-5

Win

Loss

Loss

Win

Win

Loss

Loss

Win

Loss

Win

Loss

Loss

Loss

Win

Win

Loss

7-9

Texans wish it was 2011 again and they had the 2nd easiest schedule in the NFL, cause it will be tough sledding in 2012.

And now we have a complete breakdown, LOL. You see, it didn't take long before you revealed your true colors...you're just a Texan hater. How small of you, sir.

Yeah, my "True Colors" are that I think the Texans will go around 7-9 for the legitimate reasons that I already described earlier in this thread. Sorry if that confilcts with what you think or hope will happen. I think the Jets will win about 5 games, so I guess i'm a "hater" of them, too.

Clearly they aren't concerning and clearly they are small things that are "blown up". That's why you continue to respond to me and make childish, nonsensical statements such as: "We will win at least 11 games. Now there's a fact for you."

Based on what?

When Drew Brees went to the Saints, they started out 5-1 before the bye, and Brees averaged 250 yards per game in that stretch. New coach, new coordinators, new receivers, a team that had been awful the year before, and Brees was coming off shoulder surgery. Why can't Manning click with the Broncos right away?

and he had a better offensive line to

Based on what?

The Broncos offense is not exactly the Colts offense. New plays, new things to get used to, no more no-huddle, things aren't going to come easily. Brees is also the shortest starting QB...He seems to make a lot of exceptions.

If the Colts win only 2 games this year, you can rest assured that at least one of them will be against the Texans, as has been the case 100% of the time during the Texans' existence.....lol

And we will still be in the playoffs, and probably at the Super Bowl, while you will be at home watching us and drinking your red and blue Kool-Aid...lol

Clearly they aren't concerning and clearly they are small things that are "blown up". That's why you continue to respond to me and make childish, nonsensical statements such as: "We will win at least 11 games. Now there's a fact for you."

When dealing with children you must act childish. If you weren't being sour and immature about the possibility that the Texans might actually be something good, then maybe I could have a mature conversation with you.

And we will still be in the playoffs, and probably at the Super Bowl, while you will be at home watching us and drinking your red and blue Kool-Aid...lol

Being that there are 31 other teams, none of whom you have any clue of how good they will actually be in 2012 (just like you don't the Texans), odds are very overwhelming that the Texans probably won't "be at the Super Bowl".

When dealing with children you must act childish. If you weren't being sour and immature about the possibility that the Texans might actually be something good, then maybe I could have a mature conversation with you.

You see my game-by-game prognostication above for the Texans. Why don't you "maturely" tell me why i'm so out of line on any of the games that I predicted the Texans will lose next year?

Being that there are 31 other teams, none of whom you have any clue of how good they will actually be in 2012 (just like you don't the Texans), odds are very overwhelming that the Texans probably won't "be at the Super Bowl".

Based off performances of last year, it's probably a good bet that teams like the Browns or Vikings won'tl be in the Super Bowl, or any other rebuilding teams for that matter. There are a lot of those at the moment.

You see my game-by-game prognostication above for the Texans. Why don't you "maturely" tell me why i'm so out of line on any of the games that I predicted the Texans will lose next year?

1. Our #1 or #2 ranked defense and Brian Cushing vs Blaine Gabbert and Maurice Jones-Drew. Jones-Drew is good, but he can't carry the team by himself. Justin Blackmon is a talent, but he will probably be blanketed all game by Johnathan Joseph.

2. Denver is not all high and mighty anymore. Just because Peyton is there doesn't mean they are guaranteed success. Their offense is predictable, they will still be very run heavy, and Manning will have to rely on the play action for deep completions, which probably isn't going to happen as our defensive line will be in the backfield all day.

3. The Green Bay loss is understandable, but I still think that we have what it takes to pull it off.

4. Suggs is out and that secondary is not getting any younger. Yes, Reed got us last time we played, but he was facing a third-string rookie quarterback, who would have won the game if not for the one fumble by Jacoby Jones.

5. The Bears are scary but they can be beaten. I honestly can see a Texans-Bears Super Bowl, since we are very similar teams i.e. great defense, a good quarterback who is not talked about much, etc. But their horrible offensive line will cost them this game...This is definitely a game that Jay Cutler is circling on the schedule to wear his best cleats for.

6. The Lions are okay but I am not sold out on them yet. Their defense will be ready but so will ours. Their running game isn't something to brag about, either.

7. Either old Hasselbeck or inexperienced Jake Locker. I'm taking the Texans for this one.

8. The New England game will be interesting, as it could have major impact on who will be getting that first seed. But I don't see their defense being able to stop Foster or Andre Johnson.

9. The loss to the Colts is likely only because of tradition and the possibility of us resting our starters. Other than that, I can still foresee a win.

1. Our #1 or #2 ranked defense and Brian Cushing vs Blaine Gabbert and Maurice Jones-Drew. Jones-Drew is good, but he can't carry the team by himself. Justin Blackmon is a talent, but he will probably be blanketed all game by Johnathan Joseph.

2. Denver is not all high and mighty anymore. Just because Peyton is there doesn't mean they are guaranteed success. Their offense is predictable, they will still be very run heavy, and Manning will have to rely on the play action for deep completions, which probably isn't going to happen as our defensive line will be in the backfield all day.

3. The Green Bay loss is understandable, but I still think that we have what it takes to pull it off.

4. Suggs is out and that secondary is not getting any younger. Yes, Reed got us last time we played, but he was facing a third-string rookie quarterback, who would have won the game if not for the one fumble by Jacoby Jones.

5. The Bears are scary but they can be beaten. I honestly can see a Texans-Bears Super Bowl, since we are very similar teams i.e. great defense, a good quarterback who is not talked about much, etc. But their horrible offensive line will cost them this game...This is definitely a game that Jay Cutler is circling on the schedule to wear his best cleats for.

6. The Lions are okay but I am not sold out on them yet. Their defense will be ready but so will ours. Their running game isn't something to brag about, either.

7. Either old Hasselbeck or inexperienced Jake Locker. I'm taking the Texans for this one.

8. The New England game will be interesting, as it could have major impact on who will be getting that first seed. But I don't see their defense being able to stop Foster or Andre Johnson.

9. The loss to the Colts is likely only because of tradition and the possibility of us resting our starters. Other than that, I can still foresee a win.

Guess you're going 16-0 next year.

1.Agree

2.Agree

3.Agree

4.Agree but still think its a loss although close

5.Got to give you a loss here

6.Agree

7.Agree

8.I think its a matter of can Schaub out sling Brady, I dont see it

9.Agree

The Texans in the Super Bowl???

Obviously you have a great sense of humor so who they gonna play, the Seahawks??

We whooped those jamoke Steelers in week 4. Forget the score and look at the stats. It was no contest. And also the Steelers were beat by the Ravens twice and got Tebow'ed. Pitt isn't what it used to be.

And New England had the most cake walk yellow-brick road glitter fairy land skip into the Super Bowl I've ever seen. They can be had.

Hey there Vance87 . . . pats fan here . . . i believe you had a pretty easy schedule last year yourself . . . just saying . . . and we did play the Ravens in the AFFCG after they beat the Texans . . .

I do like Houston, but kind of like the 70s Pats . . . the Texans seem to find a way to lose a game or two each year . . . until the teams button this up . . . I can't say that they are the best in the league, let alone the AFC . . .

I wouldn't go ragging on the Steelers just yet . . . i still put the Steelers on par or above the Texans . . .

we just have to wait and see if the Texans can build on last year or if last years was just an one year deal . . I would like to see a few years like last year before I feel confident that we can put the Texans near the top . . . i do think that Wade Phillips is a great addition . . .

1.Agree

2.Agree

3.Agree

4.Agree but still think its a loss although close

5.Got to give you a loss here

6.Agree

7.Agree

8.I think its a matter of can Schaub out sling Brady, I dont see it

9.Agree

Fair. :D The Ravens and Patriots are quite the juggernauts...I guess they are the standard by which we will be compared until we can prove that winning is our norm now. That darn Brady...Maybe we can take a page out of the Saints book and put a bounty on him. haha just kidding

Fair. :D The Ravens and Patriots are quite the juggernauts...I guess they are the standard by which we will be compared until we can prove that winning is our norm now. That darn Brady...Maybe we can take a page out of the Saints book and put a bounty on him. haha just kidding

at least you guys dont have to deal with Ty Law like we did, he was a thorn in our sides seemingly every year :lol:

The Texans in the Super Bowl???

Obviously you have a great sense of humor so who they gonna play, the Seahawks??

No, I expect us to be facing either the Packers, Bears, or Eagles. Write it down, so I can prove that I called it.

at least you guys dont have to deal with Ty Law like we did, he was a thorn in our sides seemingly every year :lol:

Ah, I remember those days...Peyton Manning's greatest nemesis hahaha. No, now we have to worry about Patrick Ch- No. Now we have to worry about Alfonz..No. Now we have to worry about...Devin McCourty there's one lol!

Ah, I remember those days...Peyton Manning's greatest nemesis hahaha. No, now we have to worry about Patrick Ch- No. Now we have to worry about Alfonz..No. Now we have to worry about...Devin McCourty there's one lol!

Hmm Ty Law? Devin Mccourty? hmm decisions decisions, yeah Ill take Law every time

Hmm Ty Law? Devin Mccourty? hmm decisions decisions, yeah Ill take Law every time

Eh, I don't know...I'm still undecided lol. Ty Law has like 53 career interceptions...playing in a game against Schaub would be murderous to our offense haha but McCourty is dangerous too.

Eh, I don't know...I'm still undecided lol. Ty Law has like 53 career interceptions...playing in a game against Schaub would be murderous to our offense haha but McCourty is dangerous too.

With the new rules now I dont know, cant touch a receiver beyond 5 yards (which I hate), I think Law would be able to shut the best wide receivers in the game today down still though