Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does Houston have the potential to be the best team in the league?

Jules

No, I expect us to be facing either the Packers, Bears, or Eagles. Write it down, so I can prove that I called it.

How about you write it down so you can remember when you still had hope for the Texans, they'll go 8-8 or so and fade in the first round of the playoffs.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But didn't they pick up Nick Perry,Jerel Worthy and Casey Heyward..I don't see the losses y'all see I guess i think the loaded up that defense if you ask me

they picked up good talent but Collins was proven in the NFL, those draft picks could likely be great pick ups but so far to this point (without the players they drafted ever playing a down in the nfl) the loss is greater then the pick ups but I expect that to only be a matter of time before thats proven wrong

they picked up good talent but Collins was proven in the NFL, those draft picks could likely be great pick ups but so far to this point (without the players they drafted ever playing a down in the nfl) the loss is greater then the pick ups but I expect that to only be a matter of time before thats proven wrong

Yea that will get proven wrong quick because nick perry is a pass rush machine, jerel worthy motor isn't great but when it's on he is dominate up the middle and Casey Heyward should be solid..all the packers were looking for really was a pass rusher next to Marhews and I think they got it

Yea that will get proven wrong quick because nick perry is a pass rush machine, jerel worthy motor isn't great but when it's on he is dominate up the middle and Casey Heyward should be solid..all the packers were looking for really was a pass rusher next to Marhews and I think they got it

Im sure they did, but I am not sold on Worthy, some wanted him for the Colts in draft, I wasn't one of them, I was thinking Ta'amu or Baptiste, both of which we had a shot at at one point or another

Im sure they did, but I am not sold on Worthy, some wanted him for the Colts in draft, I wasn't one of them, I was thinking Ta'amu or Baptiste, both of which we had a shot at at one point or another

I liked worthy it was just a consistency factor you didn't know which side of worthy you was get every play that's what drew me away from him eventually

I liked worthy it was just a consistency factor you didn't know which side of worthy you was get every play that's what drew me away from him eventually

exactly, I saw potential but I also saw him quit far to often

How about you write it down so you can remember when you still had hope for the Texans, they'll go 8-8 or so and fade in the first round of the playoffs.

Yeah even though we smashed one AFC North team in the first round and hung around until the very end with another, all with a 3rd string rookie QB, but yeah we'll fade. :rolleyes:

Yeah even though we smashed one AFC North team in the first round and hung around until the very end with another, all with a 3rd string rookie QB, but yeah we'll fade. :rolleyes:

How many times have the Texans showed potential to improve? All they have done is drop off the next year. It's who the Texans are. The 3rd string QB excuse is stupid. I hate when people are downgraded because they aren't the highest selected person. What says Matt would of won the games TJ Yates did. Schaub isn't even a top QB. Some people rate him lower than RG3 and Luck, by the way I don't agree with because they aren't really in the NFL yet, but he still isn't seen as great. Maybe playing Yates is the best thing they could do.

I know it's your team so you have to defend them, but history repeats itself.

How many times have the Texans showed potential to improve? All they have done is drop off the next year. It's who the Texans are. The 3rd string QB excuse is stupid. I hate when people are downgraded because they aren't the highest selected person. What says Matt would of won the games TJ Yates did. Schaub isn't even a top QB. Some people rate him lower than RG3 and Luck, by the way I don't agree with because they aren't really in the NFL yet, but he still isn't seen as great. Maybe playing Yates is the best thing they could do.

So you really think it's crazy for me to believe we would have done better if Schuab was healthy? Hey, I guess with that logic the Colts could have gone 2-14 with Manning on the field. You just never know, right?

And I don't have any more energy to keep on re-hashing why Schaub is a very capable QB. I've just done it too many times.

So you really think it's crazy for me to believe we would have done better if Schuab was healthy? Hey, I guess with that logic the Colts could have gone 2-14 with Manning on the field. You just never know, right?

And I don't have any more energy to keep on re-hashing why Schaub is a very capable QB. I've just done it too many times.

You're comparing Schuab to Manning? That's just laughable.

I wouldn't be happy with an injury prone, .500 QB.

That's funny... Colts fans blamed losing Peyton Manning before the season even started for its 2-14 season.

Matt Schaub-30

Andre Johnson-30

Chris Myers 31-oldest of the starters

Antoine Caldwell-23

Duane Brown-24

Rashard Butler-29

Owen Daniels-29

Those old players are actually in their prime or younger

Schaub doesn't have to be Micheal Vick, he just has to buy a little time sometimes foe a player to get open

Now the whole thing about the division was handed to them on a silver platter, the Texans did have injuries as well to their quarterback and we started a veteran, Also seeing as how they did start a rookie at quarterback the majority of those games, it pretty much negates the easy schedule factor, Yates played good enough to get them to the playoffs, honestly using the lack strength of schedule logic that you used Then Luck should come in and take us to the playoffs his rookie year (which I dont think many of us expect to happen, including myself) we play 8 teams that didn't make the playoffs last year. We just didn't get the job done it had nothing to do with their schedule

Wade Phillips remolded the Texans defense into a well oiled machine. RB Foster is a ground game beast with great vision, speed, & who hits the hole without hesitation. QB Matt Schabb is agile, slides well in the pocket, surveys the field quickly, & makes good decisions with the ball. Health is this squad's biggest liability IMO.

I don't see Green Bay in New Orleans this year. I see the Texans & 49ers myself. Green Bay still has offensive line issues. Yes, Jeff Saturday is there & the draft addressed a few of these issues for Aaron Rodger's squad, but I don't think it will gel this year to make the SB. It is time for the Texans to rise up & take the Lombardi Trophy by force NOW!!! The coaching staff is solid, the chemistry is concrete, & the ground & ariel attack are ready to shine.

JUST DO IT Texans!!!

I have to disagree with you. Green Bay has less issues than the Texans and have been contenders the last 4 years with those offensive line concerns. The Texans finally lived up to expextations after years of being the "Sexy " pic in the AFC, even though year after year we would win the division. Not to mention the Texans dominated the AFC South without Peyton taking a single snap. Do the Texans have great talent, sure do. Good coaching, sure do. But lets not Jump the gun they are still a 9-7, 10-6 team to imo, on the rise in a weak division.

Wade Phillips remolded the Texans defense into a well oiled machine. RB Foster is a ground game beast with great vision, speed, & who hits the hole without hesitation. QB Matt Schabb is agile, slides well in the pocket, surveys the field quickly, & makes good decisions with the ball. Health is this squad's biggest liability IMO.

I don't see Green Bay in New Orleans this year. I see the Texans & 49ers myself. Green Bay still has offensive line issues. Yes, Jeff Saturday is there & the draft addressed a few of these issues for Aaron Rodger's squad, but I don't think it will gel this year to make the SB. It is time for the Texans to rise up & take the Lombardi Trophy by force NOW!!! The coaching staff is solid, the chemistry is concrete, & the ground & ariel attack are ready to shine.

JUST DO IT Texans!!!

I can't believe I missed this before. This is a prototype Texan fanboy for you, ladies and gentlemen. These guys don't realize that there is an incredibly fine line between winning and losing in the NFL. Especially going from one year to the next. They really think that due to last years moderate success, all they have to do is show up next year and they will have double digit wins. They are completely ignorant to the fact that there are probably 11 games on their 2012 schedule where their opponent has a legitimate shot at beating them & the Texans are going to have to play very well to win those games. Their fans seem to think they are entitled to 11 wins or something. Doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

My favorite part of this gem of a post was when he said that Matt Schaub is "agile". lololol.....Matt Schaub is about as agile as an iceberg.

I can't believe I missed this before. This is a prototype Texan fanboy for you, ladies and gentlemen. These guys don't realize that there is an incredibly fine line between winning and losing in the NFL. Especially going from one year to the next. They really think that due to last years moderate success, all they have to do is show up next year and they will have double digit wins. They are completely ignorant to the fact that there are probably 11 games on their 2012 schedule where their opponent has a legitimate shot at beating them & the Texans are going to have to play very well to win those games. Their fans seem to think they are entitled to 11 wins or something. Doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

My favorite part of this gem of a post was when he said that Matt Schaub is "agile". lololol.....Matt Schaub is about as agile as an iceberg.

Southwest is actually a Colts fan....There goes the basis of your argument right there. 11 games? Are you kidding me? Our schedule looks even easier than it did last year...considering what we did last season, with plenty of nerve-wracking injuries, it is just asinine to assume that we will do worse with all of our healthy starters and very capable draft picks and free agents. We will play hard and well like we always do...And it will be much better than the effort the Colts gave in this past 2-14 season. And Matt doesn't have to be agile...He has a line, unlike Luck. We will see just how fast and agile Luck is this coming season when he is running for his life.

And you are wearing blue tinted glasses. In my real-life glasses, I see 11-5.

Except that you are predicting that the Texans will do something they've NEVER done in the history of their franchise, whereas i'm predicting something that they've done more often than not.

So what were you saying about tinted glasses? lol

Southwest is actually a Colts fan....There goes the basis of your argument right there. 11 games? Are you kidding me? Our schedule looks even easier than it did last year...considering what we did last season, with plenty of nerve-wracking injuries, it is just asinine to assume that we will do worse with all of our healthy starters and very capable draft picks and free agents. We will play hard and well like we always do...And it will be much better than the effort the Colts gave in this past 2-14 season. And Matt doesn't have to be agile...He has a line, unlike Luck. We will see just how fast and agile Luck is this coming season when he is running for his life.

Why are you so threatened by the Colts?

This thread has nothing to do with them, yet you feel the need to interject them into every response.

You had the second easiest schedule in the league last year. This year's is much harder for you, with numerous teams that can and probably will beat you. Stop being so silly......you'll finish around 7-9, per usual.

I have to disagree with you. Green Bay has less issues than the Texans and have been contenders the last 4 years with those offensive line concerns. The Texans finally lived up to expextations after years of being the "Sexy " pic in the AFC, even though year after year we would win the division. Not to mention the Texans dominated the AFC South without Peyton taking a single snap. Do the Texans have great talent, sure do. Good coaching, sure do. But lets not Jump the gun they are still a 9-7, 10-6 team to imo, on the rise in a weak division.

The sexy pick? NO ONE believed in us, we were always just the Colts' little brother, Peyton's punching bag, the Titans ugly twin, "maybe" better than Jacksonville. We have always had talent but coaching was not what it should have been. Yes, we dominated the AFC South, but don't forget that we beat Manning once the last time he played against us, and it was not a pretty loss either. Even if he had been playing, he would have put himself at risk with our pass rush. To say "had Manning played" is not a very good argument as to whether the Colts would have won the division or not. For all we know, he could have had his career ended with another bad shot to the neck. And, if you had won more than two games by that point, you would have been without Mr. Luck or Mr. Griffin. I can still honestly say that if Manning had played, the Texans still would have won the AFC South. But that's just my opinion.

Except that you are predicting that the Texans will do something they've NEVER done in the history of their franchise, whereas i'm predicting something that they've done more often than not.

So what were you saying about tinted glasses? lol

The Saints had never won a Super Bowl until recent years...And who did they face again? They were slowly on the rise in a division dominated by other teams, just like we were. Things change in time, we cannot base a team's future results just simply on how they performed in the past.

Why are you so threatened by the Colts?

This thread has nothing to do with them, yet you feel the need to interject them into every response.

You had the second easiest schedule in the league last year. This year's is much harder for you, with numerous teams that can and probably will beat you. Stop being so silly......you'll finish around 7-9, per usual.

Sigh. This is getting old. I feel as threatened by the Colts as an elephant is by a termite. The second-easiest schedule bologna has already been addressed several times...We had injuries and a fifth-round rookie quarterback at the helm. This thread is about our potential, not our horrible, highly unlikely demise in the AFC...considering we nearly made it to the Championship Game last year.

I'll always have hope for the Texans, no matter their record. They will be above .500, so I don't think there's any chance any other Texan fan's hope will be fading either.

You're comparing Schuab to Manning? That's just laughable.

I wouldn't be happy with an injury prone, .500 QB.

Seriously? You really couldn't figure out the point I was making? :facepalm:

Threads like this make me see why UF was probably banned.

I don't get all this Texans' hate. Sure, I don't go out of my way to cheer for them, but we have to be realistic. They have built a very strong team. If Schaub stays healthy, I can see them going very far. They won a playoff game with a rookie at QB and yes, it is a big difference between Yates and Schaub because Schaub has much better chemistry with the receivers and has been in the system for a longer time. I don't see anyone threatening them for the AFC South title.

The sexy pick? NO ONE believed in us, we were always just the Colts' little brother, Peyton's punching bag, the Titans ugly twin, "maybe" better than Jacksonville. We have always had talent but coaching was not what it should have been. Yes, we dominated the AFC South, but don't forget that we beat Manning once the last time he played against us, and it was not a pretty loss either. Even if he had been playing, he would have put himself at risk with our pass rush. To say "had Manning played" is not a very good argument as to whether the Colts would have won the division or not. For all we know, he could have had his career ended with another bad shot to the neck. And, if you had won more than two games by that point, you would have been without Mr. Luck or Mr. Griffin. I can still honestly say that if Manning had played, the Texans still would have won the AFC South. But that's just my opinion.

Yes year after year Espn analyst choose your team to beat ours and last year you finally did it minus Peyton. We can agree to disagree..the past showed me at least when Manning does play we typically donimate your team in the Win/Loss department. You guys have a bright future and I expect you guys to win the division, and you should do it in convincing fashion. If not shame on you guys. Your Window is now

I don't get all this Texans' hate. Sure, I don't go out of my way to cheer for them, but we have to be realistic. They have built a very strong team. If Schaub stays healthy, I can see them going very far. They won a playoff game with a rookie at QB and yes, it is a big difference between Yates and Schaub because Schaub has much better chemistry with the receivers and has been in the system for a longer time. I don't see anyone threatening them for the AFC South title.

Idk, some people just reject change. The Titans are like a wild card this year though, they could come out and play lights out if Hasselbeck does well. We will have to keep our eyes on them, or we could be at a disadvantage for a sneak attack.

Yes year after year Espn analyst choose your team to beat ours and last year you finally did it minus Peyton. We can agree to disagree..the past showed me at least when Manning does play we typically donimate your team in the Win/Loss department. You guys have a bright future and I expect you guys to win the division, and you should do it in convincing fashion. If not shame on you guys. Your Window is now

Just to clarify...in 2010 we beat him in the first game. haha just had to put that out there. I agree with the typically dominating part, though no one knows how he would have played after the surgery, I am glad that he is out of the division lol. But we still play the Broncos this year so it's tomato or tomatah lol.

Just to clarify...in 2010 we beat him in the first game. haha just had to put that out there. I agree with the typically dominating part, though no one knows how he would have played after the surgery, I am glad that he is out of the division lol. But we still play the Broncos this year so it's tomato or tomatah lol.

lol yea should be a good game ill have my bag of popcorn ready for that one :thmup:

Idk, some people just reject change. The Titans are like a wild card this year though, they could come out and play lights out if Hasselbeck does well. We will have to keep our eyes on them, or we could be at a disadvantage for a sneak attack.

I don't see it happening. I'm not sold on the Titans. I think Hasselbeck's best contribution to the Titans is as a mentor for Locker. And I don't think their defense can stop the Texans' offense and their offense can't keep up with that of the Texans. Let's not forget, you guys had one of the best defenses in football in Wade's first year as coordinator. Another year in the system results in a greater understanding by the players and theoretically, improved play.

I don't see it happening. I'm not sold on the Titans. I think Hasselbeck's best contribution to the Titans is as a mentor for Locker. And I don't think their defense can stop the Texans' offense and their offense can't keep up with that of the Texans. Let's not forget, you guys had one of the best defenses in football in Wade's first year as coordinator. Another year in the system results in a greater understanding by the players and theoretically, improved play.

You're right. That defense is depleted now that Cortland Innegan is gone and the secondary is suspect. I would much rather face Hasselbeck than Locker at this point, since we have basically no tape to go on with him, and defenses wouldn't be prepared. They did draft Zach Brown, he's a pretty good guy but maybe it'll take some time for him to get accustomed to NFL offenses. And they also stole the guy I think we wanted...Kendall Wright lol. But if the quarterback play isn't up to par, he won't be a problem to us, the Colts, or the Jaguars lol.I hope your theory is right hahaha...Number one defense is a pretty good spot to be sitting at.

Sigh. This is getting old. I feel as threatened by the Colts as an elephant is by a termite. The second-easiest schedule bologna has already been addressed several times...We had injuries and a fifth-round rookie quarterback at the helm. This thread is about our potential, not our horrible, highly unlikely demise in the AFC...considering we nearly made it to the Championship Game last year.

What is "bologna" about it? It's a fact: you had a very, very easy schedule last year which made wins easier to come by. Pretty simple concept.

And who is predicting a demise? I'm predicting you'll go from 10 wins to 7 wins. Hardly unrealistic and certainly not a "demise".

The Saints had never won a Super Bowl until recent years...And who did they face again? They were slowly on the rise in a division dominated by other teams, just like we were. Things change in time, we cannot base a team's future results just simply on how they performed in the past.

Exactly. Which is why my prediction of a 7-9 record is just as likely as your prediction of 11-5. Because things change from year to year. Schedules change, players change, schemes change, attitudes change, health issues change, coaches change......every single year. Parity rules in the NFL. That's been proven over and over again. Still not convinced? Look at the "expert" predictions preseason last year, then look at how things actually turned out.

Thank you for demonstrating the point i've been trying to make for going on 5 pages now, though. It's been exhausting.

First and foremost KarlKuffs, My # 1 NFL team allegiance is to the Indianapolis Colts and I live in Cheese Head Country and I happen to take a lot of grief over that personally. Second of all, is there an unwritten rule that I am unaware of that states a person can only follow 1 NFL team all season long? Third, did I ever project how many wins that squad would attain? That's news to me because I never proclaimed any winning percentage ever. What do you eat for breakfast that allows you to read peoples minds? I need to purchase that item at the grocery store then. Is the product expensive? Sorry, I could resist that joke. Just Kidding!!!

Matt Schaub's agility does not apply in terms of running speed like Michael Vick, it is more like Tom Brady who slides or shuffles his feet to manipulate the pocket. Laugh at me to your heart's content if that boosts your morale and makes you feel better sir. It's no skin of my teeth. I can assure of that. Have a nice day Karlkuffs. It's been "educational" no doubt.

First and foremost KarlKuffs, My # 1 NFL team allegiance is to the Indianapolis Colts and I live in Cheese Head Country and I happen to take a lot of grief over that personally. Second of all, is there an unwritten rule that I am unaware of that states a person can only follow 1 NFL team all season long? Third, did I ever project how many wins that squad would attain? That's news to me because I never proclaimed any winning percentage ever. What do you eat for breakfast that allows you to read peoples minds? I need to purchase that item at the grocery store then. Is the product expensive? Sorry, I could resist that joke. Just Kidding!!!

Matt Schaub's agility does not apply in terms of running speed like Michael Vick, it is more like Tom Brady who slides or shuffles his feet to manipulate the pocket. Laugh at me to your heart's content if that boosts your morale and makes you feel better sir. It's no skin of my teeth. I can assure of that. Have a nice day Karlkuffs. It's been "educational" no doubt.

Every single thing I said applies to Texan fans, regardless of who you're allegiance is. Although one wonders why you would make such a bizarre response if you weren't a Texan fan, but I digress.

And you using "agile" and "Matt Schaub" in the same sentence makes me wonder if you've ever watched football in your life.

What is "bologna" about it? It's a fact: you had a very, very easy schedule last year which made wins easier to come by. Pretty simple concept.

And who is predicting a demise? I'm predicting you'll go from 10 wins to 7 wins. Hardly unrealistic and certainly not a "demise".

Considering how well we played last year, yes, going to 7 wins is a demise. That would mean we would miss the playoffs and would not be considered an AFC contender, which we are.

Exactly. Which is why my prediction of a 7-9 record is just as likely as your prediction of 11-5. Because things change from year to year. Schedules change, players change, schemes change, attitudes change, health issues change, coaches change......every single year. Parity rules in the NFL. That's been proven over and over again. Still not convinced? Look at the "expert" predictions preseason last year, then look at how things actually turned out.

Thank you for demonstrating the point i've been trying to make for going on 5 pages now, though. It's been exhausting.

We are saying the same thing but in different ways. This seems to happen a lot in the heated discussions I get into around here.