Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Time To Trade Donald Brown?

colts52761

Guest BlueShoe

I disagree completely. Brown is a good back and gets a lot of criticism from Colts fans for no reason. Just the way I see it anyway.

I disagree completely. Brown is a good back and gets a lot of criticism from Colts fans for no reason. Just the way I see it anyway.

and for good reason. the guy had his shot to prove he can be a starter and he blew it. atleast with addai we have a good receiver, a good runner, and a great blocker

If anything the colts should trade Addai, though thats not gonna happen. I think it was clear in the rams game Brown is comfortable and healthy in the colts backfield with his cutbacks which i have never seen him do in the reg season. I think this is his season.

and for good reason. the guy had his shot to prove he can be a starter and he blew it. atleast with addai we have a good receiver, a good runner, and a great blocker

Brown is the better runner compared to addai, and there was this stat floating in the old forum that showed Donald was a better receiver than addai. At least we all agree that the colts are set at RB and whoever goes will be a pretty good back... except james and moore.

The preseason shouldn't be the place to show Donald off. He's playing against a bunch of backups most of the time, so obviously he's going to look better. Just let Donald finish the season under the Colts, and if he does well, give the man a deal, if he doesn't... let him walk.

You know what poses the biggest risk to Peyton's health?

A donald brown pass block...

That play was CJ's fault in the first place, if he had held his block that would have happened. Idk what blcok donald was suppose to take but he saw pressure up the middle and he took on that one... thats why its called the blindside i guess lol

That play was CJ's fault in the first place, if he had held his block that would have happened. Idk what blcok donald was suppose to take but he saw pressure up the middle and he took on that one... thats why its called the blindside i guess lol

... Erm, right. His inability to competently block at any time he's in is someone else's fault.

I guess Edgerrin James, Dom Rhodes, and Joe Addai are all just freaks of nature with the way they can easily pick up proper blocks...

Maybe they were O-linemen in a past life? :scratch:

I think it's a mistake to take ANY rb in the first round of any draft in the current NFL environment. Back, what, two seasons ago when we grabbed Brown, there was so many other choices we could have gone with. We already had Addai at the time, why push our luck? For depth? Pffh. We needed another D-Lineman or O-lineman, not a backup RB.

I think it's a mistake to take ANY rb in the first round of any draft in the current NFL environment. Back, what, two seasons ago when we grabbed Brown, there was so many other choices we could have gone with. We already had Addai at the time, why push our luck? For depth? Pffh. We needed another D-Lineman or O-lineman, not a backup RB.

I think they were looking to hit a home run with him to let Addai go this past offseason.

Except things didn't quite work out the way we planned...

... Erm, right. His inability to competently block at any time he's in is someone else's fault.

I guess Edgerrin James, Dom Rhodes, and Joe Addai are all just freaks of nature with the way they can easily pick up proper blocks...

Maybe they were O-linemen in a past life? :scratch:

So you saying everytime he's been in he's been horrid at blocking? a bit over the top. Never knew Dom as a good blocker either.. Tbh i could care less if brown could block as long as he can run that ball the colts will not be complaining cause ultimately thats a RB's job not blocking, you want blocking bring in a TE.

So you saying everytime he's been in he's been horrid at blocking? a bit over the top. Never knew Dom as a good blocker either.. Tbh i could care less if brown could block as long as he can run that ball the colts will not be complaining cause ultimately thats a RB's job not blocking, you want blocking bring in a TE.

Yeah, that's not our system. Our backs HAVE to be able to block. End of story.

It's important for all backs in the league to be able to make a block when needed to. But with us, it's pretty much a necessity. An elite passing game pretty much requires a blocking back in today's NFL.

Brown did nothing but run the ball at UConn. Coming to the NFL and picking up the blitz for a RB is non an easy gig. Brown can do it, I just hope he stays healthy enough to do it.

Yeah, that's not our system. Our backs HAVE to be able to block. End of story.

It's important for all backs in the league to be able to make a block when needed to. But with us, it's pretty much a necessity. An elite passing game pretty much requires a blocking back in today's NFL.

True, but we have just not seen enough of Donald to know if he can or can't.

True, but we have just not seen enough of Donald to know if he can or can't.

I've yet to find myself saying "Hey, that was a good block by donald there."

Even his chip blocks seem to be bad. Chad Simpson was a better blocker than Donald when he was here...

The best time to blitz Manning is when brown is in...

SHHHHHH....DUDE WTH?

Keep that on the low low brother, WTH?

You don't just blurt out stuff like that dawg, dangit. Edit your post bro, other teams can see this crap.

Pfft, I'm trying to get a job as DC somewhere... I've already proved to be qualified enough to get on with a team like Buffalo... lolol

The preseason shouldn't be the place to show Donald off. He's playing against a bunch of backups most of the time, so obviously he's going to look better. Just let Donald finish the season under the Colts, and if he does well, give the man a deal, if he doesn't... let him walk.

u know donald has a five year deal right

Guest BlueShoe

Again, I completely disagree. Our offensive line has not been able to run block for quite a few years now. That's not a backs fault.

Again, I completely disagree. Our offensive line has not been able to run block for quite a few years now. That's not a backs fault.

This is the smartest post in this thread. Brown outrushed Addai last year, yeah for 2 yards but still. When he has been given room he has run well. Also his burst of speed is something that Addai doesn't have.

Nobody can run well when the Dlineman are already in the backfield when you get the ball. Even Chris Johnson couldn't do anything with our blocking.

Improve the run blocking and you will see a very good rb. As far as his blocking that is something that he can learn and improve upon.

I also think his blocking is overplayed because of that youtube clip of Manning yelling at Donald. What other plays has he messed up his blocking on?

i didn't think we would get a high round pick, just thought try to get something for him, i don't think he is better than the other running backs we have.

He has more value to the Colts than to any other team. What you would get in return would not warrant a trade. Besides that, RB's are a dime a dozen.

I called Brown a first round bust when the Colts picked him. He played at UCONN. He was good, not great, there. I personally saw him play 4 times, and watched UCONN play several other teams.

He played well in the Big East. That's not saying much.

And I've been proven right so far.

I called Brown a first round bust when the Colts picked him. He played at UCONN. He was good, not great, there. I personally saw him play 4 times, and watched UCONN play several other teams.

Wow, congratulation! You're like a savant or something.

Brown did nothing but run the ball at UConn. Coming to the NFL and picking up the blitz for a RB is non an easy gig. Brown can do it, I just hope he stays healthy enough to do it.

I was trying to make that point earlier in a thread, the colts knew Brown didnt do much blocking in college yet they still drafted him anyway. Goes to show its not that big of a neecessity, I think he is gonna stay healthy this year the colts got talent in that backfield so he's gonna have to lay it all out to keep his spot i think.

No team is going to trade for Donald Brown.

Exactly! Plus if some team actually wanted him what would they offer? Certainly no where near the 1st rounder that was used on him. His value is extremely low right now and it would be silly to think other than that.

You must not have seen much of him at uconn. He led the ncaa in rushing with over 2000 yrds

This should be Donalds make or break year. The problem also is we have so much depth at running back now. Carter, Evans and Spann all have so much potential it's ridiculous and I would hate to see a potential gem get cut. I guess we will continue to see how guys, particularly Spann, Evans and Carter do in the rest of the pre season.

I just fear us releasing Spann or Evans and them becoming a solid RB while Keeping Donald who may be a bust. It's all hypothetical though.