Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

*sigh* Anthony Castonzo...

Exodus

Ok, as much as it pains me to say this, but. Did it look like Castonzo was playing tonights game like a chicken without a head. He was getting beat, missing blocks, and blocking the wrong player. I love him to death, but he looked like he had no idea what he was doing.

Did anyone else catch this? :(

He missed 2 or 3 blocks. Most notably, the one against Quinn, where he picked up the wrong guy leaving Quinn unblocked at attack Orlovsky. I'm not too worried about Anthony, remember it's his 1st game ever. He's only going to get better, plus there's 3 more games left in the preseason, b4 the big 1st game... don't worry he's gonna be fine.

Ok, as much as it pains me to say this, but. Did it look like Castonzo was playing tonights game like a chicken without a head. He was getting beat, missing blocks, and blocking the wrong player. I love him to death, but he looked like he had no idea what he was doing.

Nope pretty much all colts posters on forums at least said he played decent

Ijalana played a bit better though IMO

It was his first pre season game after a very short off season. I expected much worse

He missed 2 or 3 blocks. Most notably, the one against Quinn, where he picked up the wrong guy leaving Quinn unblocked at attack Orlovsky. I'm not too worried about Anthony, remember it's his 1st game ever. He's only going to get better, plus there's 3 more games left in the preseason, b4 the big 1st game... don't worry he's gonna be fine.

actually that wasn't his fault, the te ran a pass route on that play and was supposed to crack quinn..the line was shifting to the right coulda been a good gain of mcneil knew the play lol

I'm assuming that both our rookies will be starting in some capacity by week one based on their performance. For rookies with little/no practice they performed exceptionally well.

Now, some of our other players...

This. Based on what I could see, I fully expect both of our rookies to start, and/or play, all 16 games.

So you are saying he is an improvement over what we had before then?

Nope! I think ya may be alone on this one. Thought he played pretty well for a guy with very little practice. In fact, IMO he was much better than Linkinpuke.

Yes everyone is in the same boat with the lack of time, but you still have to take into consideration who was around Costanzo. I didn't get to see the game because I had to work... :ticked: ... but it sounds like he was working with some of the second and third string guys. He's out there to get the experience. He has to learn sometime and it is his first game.