Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Player you wish we drafted instead? (Within reason)

dgambill

I wanted Stephen Hill,Alshon Jeffries, or Reuben Randle. Any of the 3 instead of Fleener. We got a quality #1 TE in the 3rd round, I just wished we could teamed him with a future #1 WR.

No way, Fleener had a mid to late 1st round grade, all 3 of those WRs were 2nd round grades and have pretty big question marks behind them. The Fleener pick was the best pick in the draft; Luck gets his favorite target from his dynamic Stanford offense, and at the same time that same target is a reliable, proven pass-catcher who runs faster than Jeffery and Randle. Just imagining the mismatches he'll create on defense is mind boggling...

eh I woulda taken Kirk Cousins if I was Miami and was gonna reach on a quarterback or Wilson, guy from Wisconsin

I personally think Tannehill has some good upside, but if Miami tanks it, I guess they can always take Barkley or Landry and try again. haha

I'm getting ahead of myself. I can't think about next years draft or else I'll be thinking about it a year.

I personally think Tannehill has some good upside, but if Miami tanks it, I guess they can always take Barkley or Landry and try again. haha

I'm getting ahead of myself. I can't think about next years draft or else I'll be thinking about it a year.

Im hoping for the number one pick again that way we can trade it for alot of picks

The butterfly effect in the NFL draft. I like it. And I agree. Change one pick and all the rest could also change, since there is no way of knowing where any player ranked on boards. Allen was there at 64, but he was only there because of the 63 picks before him. Change those 63, and there is no way of knowing.

More like you just can't bank on anyone to be there 30-60 picks later. So if you want a guy at the value of your pick...take him.

I'll start by saying i like picks in rounds 1-5 minus Vick Ballard.

That said, I would have liked any of the following players for the remaining picks late in the draft : Billy Winn (DE), Cam Johnson (DE), Brandon Washington (OG), Audie Cole (ILB), Trevor Guyton (DE), Alfonzo Dennard (CB), Andrew Datko (T), Antonio Allen (SS),

Upshaw over Fleener.

Why? the LB heavy Ravens still took him immediately after we did.

Trading up for a WR who still would have been around in the 4th.

Why? wasted a pick and it was stupid.

Miller from Miami instead of Hilton (so with the trade it was a double fail IMO)

Why? Miami snatched him up 3 pics later and they already have Reggie Bush.

Upshaw over Fleener.

Why? the LB heavy Ravens still took him immediately after we did.

Miller from Miami instead of Hilton (so with the trade it was a double fail IMO)

Why? Miami snatched him up 3 pics later and they already have Reggie Bush.

i don't think upshaw did himself any favors by showing up at this pro day at 279lbs...this after surprising people at the combine @272lbs. plus i read where saban (supposedly) raved about hightower to scouts...not so much with upshaw. and the ravens lost jarret johnson in free agency....

and i keep seeing where colt fans think hilton would have been there in the fourth and it was stupid to move up...how the heck do any of these fans know?? as though any of you guys have connections to say that with any sort of conviction.

so because the dolphins took a running back with shoulder and knee issues that means the colts should have taken him over hilton? i don't follow.....

if you want a fat guy who will battle conditioning and weight problems most of his career...same with brandon brooks.

Sorry.... that's pure speculation on your part. Glenn started a school record 50 games at Georgia and excelled against SEC competition.

I don't mind the Fleener pick because I see the strategy Grigson took in surrounding Luck with familiar and hopefully effective weapons. But unless guys like Mike McGlynn surprise us with solid play at OG.... it will remain a glaring weakness, and a solid running game is as big a help for a rookie QB as anything.

This is a two-year rebuild and it wasn't gonna get fixed in one draft.... but the OG position remains a question mark.

Sorry.... that's pure speculation on your part. Glenn started a school record 50 games at Georgia and excelled against SEC competition.

I don't mind the Fleener pick because I see the strategy Grigson took in surrounding Luck with familiar and hopefully effective weapons. But unless guys like Mike McGlynn surprise us with solid play at OG.... it will remain a glaring weakness, and a solid running game is as big a help for a rookie QB as anything.

This is a two-year rebuild and it wasn't gonna get fixed in one draft.... but the OG position remains a question mark.

of course it's speculation on my part...but it happens time and again with guys coming into the league that size.

of course it's speculation on my part...but it happens time and again with guys coming into the league that size.

For some of them.... it sure does.

Oh well.... he's a Bill now so there's no use debating it.

I just hope we tighten things up at OG. The last 4-5 years have been a merry-go-round of average at best run-blocking.

For some of them.... it sure does.

Oh well.... he's a Bill now so there's no use debating it.

I just hope we tighten things up at OG. The last 4-5 years have been a merry-go-round of average at best run-blocking.

I agree. I am very much worried about Justice and McGlynn. Heck Costanzo and Ijalana haven't proven themselves yet. I am ok with the rest of the offense but the line worries me. On defense the secondary is a little scary but we had to role the dice somewhere because we just couldn't fill all the holes.

No way, Fleener had a mid to late 1st round grade, all 3 of those WRs were 2nd round grades and have pretty big question marks behind them. The Fleener pick was the best pick in the draft; Luck gets his favorite target from his dynamic Stanford offense, and at the same time that same target is a reliable, proven pass-catcher who runs faster than Jeffery and Randle. Just imagining the mismatches he'll create on defense is mind boggling...

Depends on who you ask where they were ranked. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Many of the experts had Dwayne Allen ranked higher then Fleener, plenty of them had Fleener as a early to mid second rounder.

I could be mistaken, but I think we traded up to that spot for a defensive guy but he was taken before our pick

Janoris Jenkins over Coby Fleener - I'd take a talented corner, who the Colts can't seem to get their hands on, over a Tight End any day.

Bobby Massie over T.Y. Hilton

His character is terrible. How could we take a chance on someone with that kind of arrest record? Teams try that all the time and get burnt !!!!