Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans predictions

danlhart87

Big games tonight for the afc. Colts could end up with the same record as Ravens and chargers. Ravens are playing in Tampa. Chargers in AZ. With that Steelers win last night big game for ravens. We will see if colts move up a spot. I am not sure about tiebreakers with those two teams. But it doesn’t matter since we could have the same record. We are approaching the halfway point of the season.

11 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Big games tonight for the afc. Colts could end up with the same record as Ravens and chargers. Ravens are playing in Tampa. Chargers in AZ. With that Steelers win last night big game for ravens. We will see if colts move up a spot. I am not sure about tiebreakers with those two teams. But it doesn’t matter since we could have the same record. We are approaching the halfway point of the season.

It is WAY TOO EARLY to think about wild card scenarios, IMO.

For all we know, the Texans yet to play the Chiefs, Lions, Ravens could lose all 3, and we could go 3-2 in this difficult stretch and be back in the saddle for winning the division.

We control what we can control and then towards the end of the season, when the Texans have 2 of these Chiefs and Ravens game in the last 3, we have to make it matter for winning the division, should they lose both of those then. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

What was the score of the last Colts Texans game?   What has Houston done to make you believe the game will be a blowout?

I agree. Texans have beaten the Bills at home and the Colts on the road by a FG or less and lost a close one versus the Packers. So they aren't running away with games unless it is the hapless Patriots. We are not as bad as the Patriots and this will also be a 1 score game, IMO, like most of the Texans games. Which way it will turn out, we will see what team of ours shows up at crucial moments.

• Like 1

The Packers turned the ball over 3 times: Once at midfield resulting in a Texan TD and twice at about the Packer's 10 yd line resulting in 10 points. So, the Packers handed the Texans 16 points but still won the game. (Texans had no turnovers).

If the Colts don't turn the ball over and can run the ball reasonably well they can beat the Texans.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For all we know, the Texans yet to play the Chiefs, Lions, Ravens could lose all 3, and we could go 3-2 in this difficult stretch and be back in the saddle for winning the division.

We control what we can control and then towards the end of the season, when the Texans have 2 of these Chiefs and Ravens game in the last 3, we have to make it matter for winning the division, should they lose both of those then. 

Yeah, I see no point in following standings, not for this team, and not at this point of the season. If we're in the mix in December, sure. For now, I'm only interested in how this team performs on a weekly basis. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Kevin has been talking wild card scenarios and playoff standings weekly on the morning show, which has somewhat surprised me.  When I think about it, I suppose I can't blame him.  With this team's play on the field, you have to keep people interested somehow.  

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

No it isn’t. You always want your competition to lose. Every game matters. That dolphins game was huge because be colts have the tiebreaker if they get better and dig out of a hole with TUA back.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Creekside said:

The Packers turned the ball over 3 times: Once at midfield resulting in a Texan TD and twice at about the Packer's 10 yd line resulting in 10 points. So, the Packers handed the Texans 16 points but still won the game. (Texans had no turnovers).

If the Colts don't turn the ball over and can run the ball reasonably well they can beat the Texans.

That’s good to know. I was wondering how Texans stayed in this game with stroud only throwing for 89 yards.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

It is way to early to look at play offs. Next 5 games will determine their fate. Let's evaluate after they have played those teams. They come out 3 and 2 and they maybe in good shape.

3 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

It is way to early to look at play offs. Next 5 games will determine their fate. Let's evaluate after they have played those teams. They come out 3 and 2 and they maybe in good shape.

No it isn’t. You want teams to lose your competing with so you stay in the race. We are at the halfway point already

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

No it isn’t. You want teams to lose your competing with so you stay in the race. We are at the halfway point already

7 out of 17 isn't halfway point, it doesn't compute. You are hilarious as always with your takes. Good thing they took out the laugh emojis. :)  Control what you can control first, then worry about your competition. If you have to rely on your competition losing constantly, that means you aren't taking care of your own business.

2 years have ended up with us at 9-8 (Wentz/Minshew years) not taking care of our business despite competition watching with expectations. The only way to change that is to take care of our business FIRST and worry about everything else later.

• Like 1

STOP designing him scrambling up the middle. Roll him out one way and have TE/WR misdirect the other way. When he rolls out have him run out of bound so he doesn't get hit. As he improves than allow him to rollout and pass down field. Take baby steps has the QB development of a 2 yr college QB. He lacks the touch pass or read defenses. He is a one trick pony at this time. To win we need to sprinkle Flacco during the game. AR ego is not a priority but winning a playoff spot is. By year end we need to draft or sign a young veteran QB. Irsay needs another SB and time is running out.

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

7 out of 17 isn't halfway point, it doesn't compute. You are hilarious as always with your takes. Good thing they took out the laugh emojis. :)  Control what you can control first, then worry about your competition. If you have to rely on your competition losing constantly, that means you aren't taking care of your own business.

2 years have ended up with us at 9-8 (Wentz/Minshew years) not taking care of our business despite competition watching with expectations. The only way to change that is to take care of our business FIRST and worry about everything else later.

Would you rather be 1-5 and not have the playoffs even possible? Even week one is important. We might be out of it after this 5 game stretch. But at least we are still in it.

1 hour ago, Creekside said:

It also means the Texans' D is not something to be looked at lightly, limited Bills to 20 points and the Packers to 24 points, one at home and one on the road, pretty good offenses. Patriots got a garbage TD vs Texans to get to 21 after the game was decided, much like the 49ers did vs Chiefs to get to 18-28.

Diggs is not turning out as great a signing as they expected to, however Mixon is. Stop Mixon considerably and we have a very good chance, IMO.

6 hours ago, #12. said:

In seemingly no game Richardson has played in 2 years have we had any consistent offense.  If you keep putting Stroud back on the field, our secondary will crack.  Maybe Taylor will play and Steichen will use the formula he did in the final game of 2023 vs. the Texans.  It was almost enough.

He's going to have to run Taylor and AR quite a bit with play action. Deep shots and any types of easy passes that can keep the chains moving. We won't win if AR has to go score for score.

Prediction.. we WONT get blown out. Texans only play close games lol.. oh wait so do we haha

They a ton less scary without Nico. So IF we can finally get our best offensive and defensive players back we have a shot at escaping Houston with a win. 

From the begining of the season I didn't think we'd be swept by the Texans. So we'll take this one lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Think u r missing my point. We r only 6 games in. Around 10 games I will look at the standings. They r 4 and 3. They lose like 3 in a row a d u can pretty well right them off.

18 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Think u r missing my point. We r only 6 games in. Around 10 games I will look at the standings. They r 4 and 3. They lose like 3 in a row a d u can pretty well right them off.

We have played 7 games. You all are missing the point. Sunday is basically game 8 and half  way point 

Will be great if we can beat Houston and split instead of getting swept. If AR pulls it off and completes the game healthy it will help me have much more confidence in his long term prospects. I believe in him for the most part already. I just get skeptical and frustrated sometimes with the bad off target throws that kill drives.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

Will be great if we can beat Houston and split instead of getting swept. If AR pulls it off and completes the game healthy it will help me have much more confidence in his long term prospects. I believe in him for the most part already. I just get skeptical and frustrated sometimes with the bad off target throws that kill drives.

What’s frustrating is every game he comes out playing well he has left early. He needs to finish a game where he looks good

• Like 1

Denico Autry will show Ballard the mistake in not resigning him. Mixon and Jacobs who are two RB which again Ballard did not pickup and also not resigning Zach Moss will be running all over our defense.

Final score: Texan 28 Colts 3

Shane can make all the excuses for AR and the injuries for the defense but the truth is that AR when under the pocket collapses due to his long time to read defense, he will throw INT or run and get injured. If Flacco plays the game will be closer.

On 10/20/2024 at 6:53 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Taylor and Buck play, we win this game 24-20.

Could you Imagine? If, we get back our Best Defensive Player and our Best Offensive Player on  our entire team back after missing a combined 8 games together??

Attrition has occurred on all NFL Teams, has any team lost their 2 best players, like we have??

I truly hope the medical team and both players are ready to attack the next 10 games with a vengeance!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

We have played 7 games. You all are missing the point. Sunday is basically game 8 and half  way point 

Way to early.  Thinks start shaping in late Nov. Why bother even look at the schedule or other teams. They are going to have to come out of the next 5 games in good shape. They go like 1 and 4 and it's lights out. I am using the next 5 because they are very good teams and that is the caliber of teams they will play if they make the playoffs. Let us say they go like 1- 4 or 2 - 3 and by some miracle make the play offs. I really won't care to be honest. U measure your team and it's talent against the top teams. This will show how close or how far this team is away from the very good to the elite  teams.