Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Texans predictions

danlhart87

Tank Dell had zero catches for Houston against packers.  I assume packers got a lot of pressure on stroud. We might have to blitz against their oline since it isn’t great against the blitz.  Without Collin’s Dell doesn’t seem to be the Same player. Diggs is already pouting too.

It would feel so good to have AR out play stroud. What will doubters say if he does?

Gus mentioned in his presser today there could be some changes from week one.

I wonder if colts can get a win Sunday if they could be in the market at the trade deadline? It’s only two weeks away. They could probably use another DE with Samson injured and not knowing when Lewis will be back. Some depth at corner in case of injury to jones or Womack maybe. If AR stays healthy I think we are ok with the backup running backs we have. 

This is a MUST win game if the Colts are to challenge for the division crown, maybe even to challenge as just a wild card team.

Sadly, my rational mind cannot conjure up any evidence to make me think the Colts can win this game.   Ergo, I am predicting a Texans victory.  I hope I am wrong.

I do think the Colts will win vs the 6.5 point spread, though. Hope I am correct. :)

41 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

I wonder if colts can get a win Sunday if they could be in the market at the trade deadline? It’s only two weeks away. They could probably use another DE with Samson injured and not knowing when Lewis will be back. Some depth at corner in case of injury to jones or Womack maybe. If AR stays healthy I think we are ok with the backup running backs we have. 

No Ballard is too stubborn 

13 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

This is a MUST win game if the Colts are to challenge for the division crown, maybe even to challenge as just a wild card team.

Sadly, my rational mind cannot conjure up any evidence to make me think the Colts can win this game.   Ergo, I am predicting a Texans victory.  I hope I am wrong.

I do think the Colts will win vs the 6.5 point spread, though. Hope I am correct. :)

We should be a little optimistic because these games are always close and the colts killer is on IR. I think colts challenge for a wild card before the division. Texans are good enough to win some of their really tough games. Not sure colts are. 

2 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

What’s funny about this next stretch yes we are playing better teams that have very good offenses. But this next stretch does not have as good of defenses as we have played first 7 games. So there is a big opportunity here for the offense. Vikings might be the exception. 

It’s time for the Colts to nut up or shut up! I’m hoping this is the game where things start to click on both sides of the ball. I want to see AR have one of his best games of the year. Control the clock with Taylor. Be more aggressive on defense. Let’s Goooooo!!!!!!

• Like 1

I believe teams will continue apply pressure similar to way the Dolphins schemed the Colts offense - until Richardson shows he can be more accurate on short and intermediate routes

Richardson on Sunday’s game:

“Whatever they did, they did a great job," Richardson said about the Dolphins defense. "They were dialing it up. We were trying to adjust to it, but they just kept bringing it. We tried to execute some of our plays that we had thought of earlier in the week, but they just did a great job, and we just couldn’t really adjust.”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dobbinblitz said:

I believe teams will continue apply pressure similar to way the Dolphins schemed the Colts offense - until Richardson shows he can be more accurate on short and intermediate routes

Richardson on Sunday’s game:

“Whatever they did, they did a great job," Richardson said about the Dolphins defense. "They were dialing it up. We were trying to adjust to it, but they just kept bringing it. We tried to execute some of our plays that we had thought of earlier in the week, but they just did a great job, and we just couldn’t really adjust.”

That’s on Shane then.

21 hours ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

After what we seen from Stuard I don’t think we need one. Speed was full practice last Friday so I was shocked he did not play.  He probably plays Sunday.

Texans signed him.

3 minutes ago, Jz0204945 said:

He stinks.

I have not rewatched the past couple games, but from what I did see live. Davis does seem to be playing poorly.

Especially since he was given a nice contract.

Raekwon Davis signed a 2 year , $14,000,000 contract with the Indianapolis Colts, including $5,000,000 signing bonus, $7,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,000,000.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jz0204945 said:

He stinks.

You're being too kind.

You'd think Davis would come out on fire playing against his old squad last Sunday but he has continued to disappoint. Now we know why the Dolphins just let him walk.

Nevertheless, I hope he improves. He has no other choice.

This game is do or die if we want to have a chance at winning the division. Very likely that IF we lose, there would be little odds of us winning the division. If we win the game, we will have more control as the season goes on.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2024 at 10:10 PM, runthepost said:

Just realistic with this team. This season was in my eyes a get reps for Richardson season. I don’t expect the team to make the playoffs but if they do that’s great. 

some on here cant face reality 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This game is do or die if we want to have a chance at winning the division. Very likely that IF we lose, there would be little odds of us winning the division. If we win the game, we will have more control as the season goes on.

Yep Colts close out the season with a winnable 5 games while the Texans schedule gets tougher later in the year they have to split with them to have a chance at the division.

16 hours ago, Dobbinblitz said:

Yes, and Richardson will still need to exploit what the defenses gives him.

AR baffled me once when he got rushed, flushed right, LOOKED at Downs (or at least head was in that direction),  who was wide open because of the blitz, and went back to his left and threw an incompletion to Cox.  Unless there was a defender I didn't see from the TV angle, I thought that was a no brainer throw to Downs for a large gain.