Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A WIN vs Titans and were 3-3

LJpalmbeacher2

....and that's not so bad. 

And a win is certainly do able, regardless of the injury report. 

I'm guessing a improved Defensive game and a efficient offense can certainly get us a W......which puts us at 3-3 and certainly in the mix to be a wild card contender, at least record wise, at the month and half point. 

So like I think Aaron Rodgers said,  "R-E L-A-X". 

And regardless, we still Beat the Hated Steelers and Mike Tomlin in back-to-back seasons.!!! haha

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

I'm guessing a improved Defensive game and a efficient offense can certainly get us a W......which puts us at 3-3 and certainly in the mix to be a wild card contender, at least record wise, at the month and half point. 

And regardless, we still Beat the Hated Steelers and Mike Tomlin in back-to-back seasons.!!! haha

However, a loss vs the Titans would make us 0-3 vs the division, and the season would be in effect over.

Yes, this does qualify as a Must Win game.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

However, a loss vs the Titans would make us 0-3 vs the division, and the season would be in effect over.

True, but division record is relevant if the colts would contend for the division, which we know that its highly likely the division is going to the Texans.

Though a win is needed a loss would put the team at 4 losses and not eliminate them from making a mini run and give them a optimistic shot at 8 or 9 wins which is probably a chance of the last wild card. 

Not saying they will but still a chance mathematicly for the die hards. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

I disagree.  Colts would have to beat the other 3 teams in the division when they are faced again.  Those games become must wins.

A loss to the titans puts the season on life support but not over.

6 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Ehh not really. We could theoretically win out and go 13-4 even if we lost to the titans. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

True, but division record is relevant if the colts would contend for the division, which we know that its highly likely the division is going to the Texans.

Though a win is needed a loss would put the team at 4 losses and not eliminate them from making a mini run and give them a optimistic shot at 8 or 9 wins which is probably a chance of the last wild card. 

Not saying they will but still a chance mathematicly for the die hards. 

It's all scripted.   Ballard and company are playing their part right?

2 hours ago, Creekside said:

3-3 would be a small miracle considering how poorly the team has played the first 5 games.

I'm still waiting for the offense, defense, and special teams to put together a good game.

Thing is, all of our games have been settled by less than 1 score, those game flip our way, we could have been 5-0… if the D actually played even average

• Like 3

When it comes to the wildcard, not only does head to head come into play, but conference losses are backbreaking.  If we are gonna lose 7 games or so, we need most of those losses to be to NFC teams to help out the wildcard chase.  

I agree with others that a loss Sunday will not end the season, but it will severely cripple any playoff chances.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, coltsfanmurf said:

When it comes to the wildcard, not only does head to head come into play, but conference losses are backbreaking.  If we are gonna lose 7 games or so, we need most of those losses to be to NFC teams to help out the wildcard chase.  

I agree with others that a loss Sunday will not end the season, but it will severely cripple any playoff chances.

We don’t win on Sunday you can start thinking about a top 5 draft pick…which Ballard will trade for a bunch of second round picks.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Nice post.

Nothing is decided this early in the season.

A lot can happen in the next few months. I have been around long enough, and am laid back enough, to not get upset about what our record is at this point. 

• Thanks 1

WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Smonroe said:

We don’t win on Sunday you can start thinking about a top 5 draft pick…which Ballard will trade for a bunch of second round picks.  

ballard has turned the colts into the new challenge for the number one pick with the panthers instead of playing to win the division against the texans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AKB said:

WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE WIN ONE LOSE ONE

not sure we can do that good

• Like 4

The record is meaningless this season.  Ballard basically said that when he refused to shore up the defense.  

It’s all about finding out if AR is our guy.  Can he stay on the field and can he make the layups.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Nice work.  It’s good to slam Ballard at every chance.  Refresh us, please.  When did he last do this?

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

The record is meaningless this season.  Ballard basically said that when he refused to shore up the defense.  

It’s all about finding out if AR is our guy.  Can he stay on the field and can he make the layups.  

yep this is a freebie year, we won't see Ballard's hot seat season until next year i think

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

as long as ballard is gm we will have to be content if we get any wins, i dont hate ballard it is just reality

Yep. Ballard takes any and all fun out of Colts football. Even his drafts are starting to become average, and that was his only redeeming quality. I'm not even sure we win this game. AR is a downgrade from Flacco currently if he plays, Taylor is out, Pittman will play but I don't know if he's 100%. 

As I have said, Ballard is a quintessential Madden GM. His strategy works on Madden because players are guaranteed to develop as they play and Ballard manages the cap well. However, in real life, it doesn't work that way, and the lack of FA's is starting to catch up to us when draft picks either bust or get hurt. Our depth is terrible, and we have a lack of stars on the team. 

I will admit, I personally hate Ballard, and if I went to a Colts game, I would hold up a sign that said that in the crowd.

I said a month or two ago, "I love the Indianapolis colts, I hate the Chris Ballard led Indianapolis Colts. That is aging like fine-wine.

• Like 1