Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyquan to IR

5 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

My goodness. 

3 players on IR, 1 out. 

Samson, Buckner, Lewis, Paye

But not a great loss.  In total, it could be a problem.  Any one or two of them, not much drop off.

Keep Dayo, trade Defo, let Paye walk.

This might be the most injured I’ve seen a team 4 games into the year. 

Paye

Buckner

Samson

Lewis

JuJu

Blackmon

Kenny Moore

Ryan Kelly

ARich

JT

Josh Downs

Not to mention Davis missed the whole offseason, Latu was banged up, etc.

Let’s hope it gets better, not worse. 

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Huh 

Do you watch football games?  Did you see the Defense have a significant drop off in the games Defo didn't play?

I saw them get better.  Kinda defies narratives don't it, but that's the problem with popular narratives sometimes.

1 minute ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

The colts played two bad olines last two games so the injuries didn’t show much. This is not sustainable.

Dayo is coming on.  He's built like a 3T, the position Buck plays.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

We have signed DT Adam Gotsis to the 53-man roster from the practice squad and placed DE Tyquan Lewis on IR. The team also signed CB Kelvin Joseph to the practice squad.

Lewis cannot stay healthy. Good player but time to cut paths. This is what, his 4th or 5th season on IR now?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

But not a great loss.  In total, it could be a problem.  Any one or two of them, not much drop off.

Sir,

Nuts

signed,

the rest of colts nation

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Do you watch football games?  Did you see the Defense have a significant drop off in the games Defo didn't play?

I saw them get better.  Kinda defies narratives don't it, but that's the problem with popular narratives sometimes.

Do you realize how bad the two Oline that we played against the last two weeks were. This is not sustainable. Plus your losing your rotation which is going to have guys exhausted by the end of the game or on longer drives.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

He played all 17 games I believe last season. He isn’t making a ton. He signed for two years and will be back next season.

It’s time to move on tbh something Ballard struggles to do with many of his players.

2 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

It’s time to move on tbh something Ballard struggles to do with many of his players.

Let me ask you something. Where you going to get a player of his caliber making that little. You aren’t. You just deal with it. Ballard signed ten guys for a reason. 

Colds need to get through next two games and hopefully get Buckner back.

32 minutes ago, DougDew said:

that's obviously not happening 

14 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Really no reason to cut him

1 hour ago, Patrick Miller said:

We have signed DT Adam Gotsis to the 53-man roster from the practice squad and placed DE Tyquan Lewis on IR. The team also signed CB Kelvin Joseph to the practice squad.

Is this longterm IR? As in season ending? This really sucks for him . Played a full season after having several season ending injuries only to be with another Injury. I feel for Tyquan. 

6 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Is this longterm IR? As in season ending? This really sucks for him . Played a full season after having several season ending injuries only to be with another Injury. I feel for Tyquan. 

Unknown. That dude just can’t stay healthy.

1 hour ago, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Do you realize how bad the two Oline that we played against the last two weeks were. This is not sustainable. Plus your losing your rotation which is going to have guys exhausted by the end of the game or on longer drives.

I'm speaking off season, not a trade during the season.  The point is that we are probably past the point where Defo gets paid big bucks to be some big impact player.  Keep him around like Philly did with Fletcher Cox, but the days where Defo plays all 3 downs and makes big impact are probably done.   I wouldn't count on him being the important piece to the D like he has been.

Dayo should be the focus.  JMO.